19 Myanmar patients said to test positive for virus passed 14-day quarantine in Thailand

webfact

19 Myanmar patients said to test positive for virus passed 14-day quarantine in Thailand

By The Nation

800_7ea728df3c1aea6.jpg?v=1592815532

Nineteen Myanmar labourers who finished their state quarantine in Thailand tested negative for the coronavirus before being sent home, Dr Taweesin Visanuyothin, the spokesman of the government’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration, said today (June 22).

His statement came after Myanmar’s Health Ministry reported last Friday that the 19 are among 23 who tested positive for Covid-19. The 19 had been deported from Thailand on June 8 after being lodged in a Thai detention centre close to the Malaysian border for visa violations.

Dr Taweesin said that the 19 were quarantined in Thailand for 14 days on April 25. The travel history of four others who passed through Thailand are under investigation.

Both the countries’ health ministries are now working together to find the source of the infections.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30390091

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-06-23

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

It really makes one wonder about the truthfulness of Thailand when it comes to testing those in quarantine.   How many have been near the end of the quarantine and when tested showed the virus. Did they even bother to test those from Myanmar or was it not done because they were not from this country and did not warrant the same treatment as a Thai.    

Totally

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

19 out 22 that's quite a high percentage How is this possible when there's been no cases in Thailand for 28 days?
They can't afford to test Thai but they test Burmese?

I think, but then I may be wrong, that the Burmese were not ever tested in Thailand and were only in quarantine before being deported.  It was when they were tested in Myanmar that they were found with the Virus.  Now when they were tested in there own country is also up in the air.  It will be a song and dance by the Thai Government saying that they became infected when they returned to Myanmar.  But then that is just my view....

Where's your mask?  You could be spewing infected air over everyone in attendance.

Oh that right.  SARS-Cov2 does not infect the “power group” of ministers, MPs, VIPs, the elite, and HiSo. 
Never mind, carry on.....

Image1.jpg.83d7763dcd1b876215ea612fcf5d85e1.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, connda said:

Where's your mask?  You could be spewing infected air over everyone in attendance.

Oh that right.  SARS-Cov2 does not infect the “power group” of ministers, MPs, VIPs, the elite, and HiSo. 
Never mind, carry on.....

Image1.jpg.83d7763dcd1b876215ea612fcf5d85e1.jpg

It can not infect them because they are the test group for the Vaccine being produced in Thailand.  It is a Hi-So vaccine for the elite 13.....  ????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Odd, I would have said 'sarcasm rules OK'

Perhaps you like more obvious sarcasm:
Smoking will kill you... Bacon will kill you... But, smoking bacon will cure it.

I like that one, at least its original and we haven't heard it multiple times per day every day for the last 3 months!

Sarcasm was never in doubt, just the monotony of it all.

Edited by sungod
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Nineteen Myanmar labourers who finished their state quarantine in Thailand tested negative for the coronavirus before being sent home, Dr Taweesin Visanuyothin, the spokesman of the government’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration, said today (June 22).

8 hours ago, webfact said:

His statement came after Myanmar’s Health Ministry reported last Friday that the 19 are among 23 who tested positive for Covid-19. The 19 had been deported from Thailand on June 8 after being lodged in a Thai detention centre close to the Malaysian border for visa violations.

How embarrassing for Thailand.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chassa said:

Who do you believe Myanmar or Thailand? - both a bit iffy!

For some oddball reason I trust Myanmar more. Not a lot, but a tiny bit. Maybe it's because they don't have a dead tourist horse they are trying to resurrect.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Maybe it's time to check if those homegrown Thai PCR reagents hold more than distilled water.

I would hope its not Sake, or Vodka, but more than likely they hold Lao Khao.

2 hours ago, spiekerjozef said:

Incubation time can sometimes be longer then 14 days.

Shown in other countries before.

Sometimes being the key word here, it's normally just a few days, 14 days is an edge case outlier scenario = rare.