White House: Trump did not direct virus testing slowdown, does not regret 'kung flu' remark

webfact

It's a pattern, dudes. A pattern, and that simply cannot be denied.

What you hear is what you got. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/06/23/follow-general-sanchezs-lead-trumps-language-is-racist/

Trump’s language is racist. Period.

It’s tiresome to read the “racially charged” or “racial grievances” in describing President Trump’s blatantly racist language. When you call the coronavirus the “kung flu,” as he did during his Tulsa rally, it behooves the media to say clearly: This is a derogatory and racist reference. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Catoni said:

You wouldn’t like the publications I like. 

The publications I like support individual freedom and personal responsibility. They are anti-totalitarian. Anti-communist and anti-fascist and anti-Islam extremism. 

Not your type of publication. 

OK, if you like Civil Disobedience by Henry David Thoreau just admit it, this is a safe space Comrade.

Posts using videos from unapproved YouTube sources have been removed.

A post using a screenshot of a Twitter post has been removed. 

18) Social Media content is not to be used as  source material unless it is from a recognized or approved news media source,  the source of any such material (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube  etc.) should always be shown.

Other troll posts of a various nature have been removed. 

2 hours ago, Dap said:

Both the WhiteHouse and Trump himself have recently stressed it was not a joke. The man is deplorable and those that are trying to cover his a*se are equally so.

If it is joke, the joke on him. Most find that portion of his incoherent speech disgusting & disrespectful. It backfired big time and cast him as a person devoid of empathy and inability to connect with the people. Not that it surprise anyone as he is that sort of person in his whole adult life. 

• Like 2

A post using unattributed content and a reply has been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

18 hours ago, Catoni said:

Great ????.   Now please be kind enough to tell us how many showed up for Biden’s rally in Philadelphia the other day. 

I’ll wait right here.   :cheesy:

Maybe it is because all the communism made my brain go squishy, but I don't rcall Biden blabbing on and on about "millions", who wanted to attend his rally and Biden setting up a 40.000 pax stage for "overflow audience" and Biden putting his rally into a 20.000 pax venue, with only 7.000 showing up!

...god I hate this, because I don't evenlike Biden!

10 hours ago, Dap said:

Both the WhiteHouse and Trump himself have recently stressed it was not a joke. The man is deplorable and those that are trying to cover his a*se are equally so.

wow.  i thought the "joke" was deplorable enough, but if he was serious, then employment of amendment 25 needs to be considered.

from the articles i've read on this:

1. trump was asked whether he directed his regime to slow testing.  he did not answer that question, instead choosing to focus why so much testing made his regime look bad.

2.  his lackeys say trump never directed them to slow testing, and point to no slowdown in testing.

my take?  it sounds a lot like the meaning of "is".  i imagine in one of his briefings he asked his health advisors if slowing testing could reduce the number of cases.  he would have been talked out of it, so would not have given the order.

Who would have guessed trump would throw his lie clean up crew under the bus lol you just can’t make this stuff up!on a side note I wonder how many dead Americans he’s going to Talley up for his divide America rallies imo it’s incredibly ill responsible to hold them come on November enough!

19 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

wow.  i thought the "joke" was deplorable enough, but if he was serious, then employment of amendment 25 needs to be considered.

1. trump was asked whether he directed his regime to slow testing.  he did not answer that question, instead choosing to focus why so much testing made his regime look bad.

2.  his lackeys say trump never directed them to slow testing, and point to no slowdown in testing.

my take?  it sounds a lot like the meaning of "is".  i imagine in one of his briefings he asked his health advisors if slowing testing could reduce the number of cases.  he would have been talked out of it, so would not have given the order.

It sounds nothing at all like the meaning of "is":

Trump: 'I don't kid' on coronavirus testing

President Trump said Tuesday that he doesn’t “kid” when asked whether he was joking when he said at a campaign rally that he asked aides to slow down coronavirus testing.

“I don’t kid,” Trump said when asked whether the remarks were made in jest, undermining statements from his own White House that the comments were a joke. Trump also told CBN News in an interview a day prior that he did not ask staff to slow down testing but did not deny doing so in the exchange with reporters on Tuesday.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/504060-trump-i-dont-kid-on-coronavirus-testing

Donald keeps digging himself a bigger and bigger hole. The numbers just don't lie. A straight downward trend line for Donald. Currently, an average of 16.9 point spread for Biden. Some odd makers showing a whopping 20 point spread!

The highest average odds point spread Hillary had vs Donald was 8 points in the last 6 months of the 2016 election. Biden has this DOUBLED!

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/elections/betting_odds/2020_president/

image.png.8081a1e264d431fb450528b6b83c9af7.png

Edited by Silurian
  • Thanks 1

And now we have what may be our definitive answer to the question of whether Trump ordered a reduction in testing!

Live updates: Federal government to scale back testing support even as hospitalizations reach new highs

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/06/24/coronavirus-live-updates-us/

If this is true, it looks like someone is about to be hit with a nasty surprise:

HEALTH CARE BRIEFING: Fauci Says U.S. Plans to Step Up Testing

Top U.S. health officials said they haven’t been asked to slow down coronavirus testing and indicated they plan to ramp up screening for Covid-19 as infections surge in some of the most populous states.

The officials also told lawmakers that they haven’t discussed the Covid-19 pandemic with President Donald Trump for more than two weeks, a period in which cases have surged in some of the most populous states.

https://about.bgov.com/news/health-care-briefing-fauci-says-u-s-plans-to-step-up-testing/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If it's really true that the Feds are going to cut back on support for testing, the Headlines should read

PRESIDENT TRUMP: "Please stop me before I win again."

Anyway, it's a sure thing that this decision is going to have to be reversed if it's true. The political pressure will just be too great to resist. 

On 6/23/2020 at 8:56 AM, johnpetersen said:

Kellyanne Conway condemns racist term 'kung flu' three months before Trump says it

To paraphrase another President, "it's not racist if the President says it".

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Oh USA, could you please get a person to be President of your country, who has enough 

intelligence and smarts to at least act like a president

Noted;  There are many that want to flush the turd on November third 

• Haha 1

On 6/23/2020 at 8:38 AM, holy cow cm said:

How about the Chinese dominate the world I kill you and your economy flu. Not a fan of Trump but love him talking c - rap about the Chinese government and taking them on with trade. Only good thing he has done.

and give who the spanish archer.

On 6/23/2020 at 11:29 AM, Jingthing said:

Excuse me, Catoni, but I had thought it was freakin' obvious to everyone.

45 is a carnival barker reality t.v. type showman that makes a yuge deal about his ratings, his popularity (now in the toilet), and how he can easily fill any venue that he visits. So that indeed is his own standard. He failed. Bigly. In OK. He knows that better than anyone on the planet.

It's silly to compare him to Biden now. Biden is following very sane public health recommendations. Biden is not willing to directly risk the lives of his own supporters and all the innocent people they will come in contact with. Biden is not holding any rallies now because holding rallies now, especially indoor ones, especially while discouraging people from wearing masks, is basically insane at this time.

45 has such a big and toxic narcissistic ego that he gets his jollies knowing that at least some people (those that attended the sparse rally in Tulsa) are so irrationally devoted to him that they are explicitly willing to risk their lives to see his repetitive old stale rally show.

But it wasn't enough this time. Not nearly. There was a sea of empty seats. His boasts about never any empty seats at his events have been hit by reality. All he can do now is blame others for his failure.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/21/us/politics/trump-tulsa-rally.html

“...rallies...”.  Huh?  Really?  So why are the Democrats supporting the huge Marxist “Black Lives Matter” and ANTIFA street rallies and defending their “protests”.  The virus chooses which rallies to spread in ? 

Ohhhh Kay 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

This mornings news briefs (Morning Brew) -  Aides later said he was joking, but yesterday Trump told reporters, “I don’t kid.” 

Edited by Dap

2 hours ago, Tie Dye Samurai said:

I dont have words for this...I understand maybe not wanting to wear a mask because you do not like it...I understand how it is inconvenient and a hassle to wear a mask...I even can understand how it imposes on your "freedom" but to deny that it does help stop spreading the virus is beyond me....it is just common sense that if you cover your nose and mouth that less of what is in your body is going to get out into the air. How is that so difficult to understand?

sometimes incorrect information shows up on the interwebs.  sometimes the science is lacking, but is later corrected.  sometimes people haven't read the latest updates.   and sometimes the science becomes politicized.

i 'member back when this all started, there were threads right here in teevee about the value of wearing masks.  i accepted the CDC pronouncements that masks were NOT needed or helpful for most people.  their version at the time was masks are needed only for people already infected or for healthcare workers treating infected patients.  otherwise, no masks.  that was from the **** CDC, so of course i believed it!

that has changed.  now there are more studies showing the effectiveness of masks.  now there are more studies showing how the virus spreads.  and now fauci admits the public were told masks were not needed, not because of the science, but due to the anticipated shortage.

it also doesn't help that a "leader" is telling his followers that wearing a mask is a sign of resistance to his regime's policies.  america is doomed.

• Like 1