White House: Trump did not direct virus testing slowdown, does not regret 'kung flu' remark

webfact

5 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

What's your point, it was there since 2019

Did the racist intent sort of fade away over time then? Maybe you think racism doesn't exist, or is just a storm in a teacup? 

Edited by teatime101

8 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Kellyanne Conway said the term was highly offensive and Trump said he was not kidding and you said 'lets have a laugh at it'. Seem ignorance is being shared by few like you.   

All of a sudden people thinks what KC said matters, please understand my views are held by more than a few.

27 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

All of a sudden people thinks what KC said matters, please understand my views are held by more than a few.

I'd have to agree I don't find "Kung Flu" wildly offensive, racist and it is unlikely to be a precursor to the wholesale extermination of the Asian race.

In fact many Asian Americans don't find it offensive:

“As an Asian-American, I’m much more concerned about the media and Democrat’s refusal to acknowledge China’s lack of transparency and culpability in the spread of this terrible disease than I am with the president’s reference to it,” Yee said in a statement."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/with-kung-flu-trump-sparks-backlash-over-racist-language--and-a-rallying-cry-for-supporters/2020/06/24/485d151e-b620-11ea-aca5-ebb63d27e1ff_story.html

Of course quasi-marxist fruit loops like George Takei find it offensive but I suspect that is more because they hate Trump for other reasons. They're queer, gay or extremely left-wing or feminists.

Kungfu is a Chinese martial art. The flu came from China. How is this racist?

Edited by Logosone
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Views are shared by few and mostly his base. KC's corrected herself after Trump's double down. That's the nature of Trump's surrogates who will bend to new lows to be in line.

www.msn.com/en-us/news/elections-2020/with-kung-flu-thugs-and-our-heritage-trump-leans-on-racial-grievance-as-he-reaches-for-a-campaign-reset/ar-BB15NEuJ

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Logosone said:

I'd have to agree I don't find "Kung Flu" wildly offensive, racist and it is unlikely to be a precursor to the wholesale extermination of the Asian race.

In fact many Asian Americans don't find it offensive:

“As an Asian-American, I’m much more concerned about the media and Democrat’s refusal to acknowledge China’s lack of transparency and culpability in the spread of this terrible disease than I am with the president’s reference to it,” Yee said in a statement."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/with-kung-flu-trump-sparks-backlash-over-racist-language--and-a-rallying-cry-for-supporters/2020/06/24/485d151e-b620-11ea-aca5-ebb63d27e1ff_story.html

Of course quasi-marxist fruit loops like George Takei find it offensive but I suspect that is more because they hate Trump for other reasons. They're queer, gay or extremely left-wing or feminists.

Kungfu is a Chinese martial art. The flu came from China. How is this racist?

You quote an explicit 45 fan. Token Asian because the vast majority of American Asians oppose him and even more so now. 

You refer to Takei as a fruit loop. So you're into homophobia as well. Nobody is surprised.

The core 45 base. A base of hatred, bigotry, and ignorance. He's the George Wallace of our times but someone got lucky and got elected. The country got very unlucky.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, teatime101 said:

When I was 18 I asked for 'flied lice' at a Chinese restaurant. I guess you don't think that's offensive either.  I'm older and wiser now. Some people just never grow up.

Yes that was very stupid. They had control of your food. You might have actually gotten your asked for order, ha ha. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Saint Nick said:

You clearly have no clue about the difference between a "rally" and a "protest"!

Not about the causes, not about the effects and not about anything else!

Maybe you could stop throwing around words like "Marxist", if you already have problems with far less complicated terms!

He's absolutely right, the BLM people are Marxists.

"Taking aim at Patrisse Cullors, the GOP played a clip from a 2015 interview in which she identified herself and fellow co-founders of the organization as "trained Marxists." "I actually do think we have an ideological frame. We are trained Marxists," the ad, released on Thursday, shows Cullors saying."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/this-isnt-about-justice-gop-releases-ad-targeting-marxist-co-founder-of-black-lives-matter

This leftist antifa marxist BLM cabal could be a God-send for Trump and get him re-elected.

Nobody likes Marxists.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, johnpetersen said:

It is one of the most serious imaginary threats facing the USA.

Nothing imaginary about the people killed, injured, property destroyed, cars burned which happened recently and was directed by leftist Antifa activists.

It happened allright.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Logosone said:

This leftist antifa marxist BLM cabal could be a God-send for Trump and get him re-elected.

Why? She only providing the BLM framework so that the movement continue to be relevant going forward. She is not the vanguard. Her ideology is about social and economic inequality. 

1 minute ago, warcy said:

If Trump wins by a majority, it only proves that Americans are racist in supporting a racist president who is not only anti-Chinese but also anti-Muslims. He's equivalent to Germany Hitler whose supporters are anti-jewish racist.

There is almost zero chance that he will win by a majority of votes. He didn't last time and he's much more reviled now. But he still has a small chance of winning via the electoral college. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

You're spreading lies now. Biden isn't holding rallies now in the middle of the worst pandemic since 1918. He's not interested in hosting super spreader events like the irresistible narcissist carnival barker president. 

Correction:

irresistible s/b irresponsible

But that was a funny one.

4 hours ago, Saint Nick said:

Did Biden brag about 1 million requests for rally- attendance?

Did Biden set up a "overrun stage" for 40.000 people?

Did Biden disregard all measures against COVID19?

Did Biden make up BS about pillaging hordes of ANTIFA, keeping people from attending his rally?

Biden couldn't stay lucid long enough to string all that together. So it's a moot point.

In related news, Biden hasn't run a marathon or competed in a push up contest, either.

• Sad 1

Atlanta public schools used "Kung Flu". No outrage. Check out what's the number one search result for "atlanta public schools kung flu" (didn't use quotation marks on search).

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=atlanta+public+schools+kung+flu

For some reason, "page not available" comes up on the Atlanta public schools web site when you click the link.

Leftist selective outrage is hilarious. No wonder people laugh at them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johnpetersen said:

You might as well blame the bogeyman for all the connection your words have to reality.  Here's a link to a devastating survey of this rightwing nonsense.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/06/24/right-wing-websites-are-demonizing-antifa-heres-how-they-portray-threat/

The newest reincarnated troll are you, they just keep coming.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, johnpetersen said:

You might as well blame the bogeyman for all the connection your words have to reality.  Here's a link to a devastating survey of this rightwing nonsense.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/06/24/right-wing-websites-are-demonizing-antifa-heres-how-they-portray-threat/

Yes, how dare people demonize a group that throws feces, bottles of urine, assaults cops, accosts old people trying cross the street and riots, loots and pillages. They're just friendly little fuzzballs of love.

Calidora Clothing | good night alt right - Mens Premium T-Shirt

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

You're spreading lies now. Biden isn't holding rallies now in the middle of the worst pandemic since 1918. He's not interested in hosting super spreader events like the irresistible narcissist carnival barker president. 

Biden isn't holding rallies because he knows he can't draw a crowd. And here's what happens when he tried last time:

Trump mocks 'ZERO enthusiasm' Joe Biden rally in Philadelphia

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes. They need a fake boogeyman. Facts and reality don't matter. Otherwise, the USA might actually finally after hundreds of years waiting finally deal with the legacy of slavery and the viciousness of structural racism against black people. 

Yes, because all the violence, looting, taking down statues, assaults and murders are all just imaginary.

• Like 1