Songkran substitute holidays to be spread over 3 weekends

webfact

7 hours ago, DJ54 said:

How many people do we estimate worked full time the last 6 months....

a lot of people haven’t been able to work due to restrictions and it’s 

causing a hardship....

Really is a "how long is a piece of string" question.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Matzzon said:

First: There are free days per year for the ones that works for companies that really employs them legally. Those days can be freely chosen in accordance to that the work force at the time is still intact.

Its pretty crazy the amount of free days they get.

10 - Annual leave.

6 - Business days

8 - Personal leave days.

13 - public holidays.

30 - sick days.

then there is  monkhood days/maternity leave/paternity leave /etc etc etc...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Matzzon said:

So, are you saying they have not received pay for the days they have been working? 

No, and I think you know that

Same as being made to work Christmas Day and Boxing Day instead of having the days off to see family you see once a year. Add a booze ban just for fun too. 

I think the 3 weekends idea is a good one, though it should be on Fridays instead of Mondays.

7 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

No, and I think you know that

Same as being made to work Christmas Day and Boxing Day instead of having the days off to see family you see once a year. Add a booze ban just for fun too. 

I think the 3 weekends idea is a good one, though it should be on Fridays instead of Mondays.

More silly conversation. Starting to be really bored. If the free day is directly connected to saturday sunday, why in the world do you try to say it´s better with Friday instead of Monday? Just shows how unaware of reality you are.

In Thailand most people work on Saturdays. If free Friday that would mean 1 free day, 1 work day and  1 free day. If free Monday that would mean 2 day free connected to each other. 

And yes, it must be terrible to not drink on a Christmas. You do know that most people consider this the childrens day in the modern world. Why not think about them and have fun with them., and not just think of your own ego and the need to booze as soon as there is a free day or two? 

Also NO! If there is a global pandemic that puts a stop to gathering and doing Christmas as usual, then that should be accepted and made as best as possible. When all comes around, it´s only one Christmas in a life time, hopefully, and it will be plenty to come.

30 minutes ago, RangerP703 said:

10 - Annual leave.

6 - Business days

8 - Personal leave days.

13 - public holidays.

30 - sick days.

Yes, it´s crazy. With that list put together it´s also very hard to understand why sobbing and complaining so much for 4-5 days that probably happens once in a lifetime. Also very hard to understand why so many here try to explain how horrible it would be if it happened to them. 

4 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, it´s crazy. With that list put together it´s also very hard to understand why sobbing and complaining so much for 4-5 days that probably happens once in a lifetime. Also very hard to understand why so many here try to explain how horrible it would be if it happened to them. 

Also add to the list, A work week is only 6 days... they get Sundays off too !!

Crazy stuff.

11 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

More silly conversation. Starting to be really bored. If the free day is directly connected to saturday sunday, why in the world do you try to say it´s better with Friday instead of Monday? Just shows how unaware of reality you are.

In Thailand most people work on Saturdays. If free Friday that would mean 1 free day, 1 work day and  1 free day. If free Monday that would mean 2 day free connected to each other. 

Because they already have about 10 Mondays off a year as it is, this already disrupts the school schedule and probably some places of work. There will be people who don't work Mondays anyway but work Fridays, so would further lose out.

I thought you had a problem with people having these extra days off so why do you now care about those that work Saturdays? 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

So you work all of those hours without a holiday and don't get jaded, eh?

I'm calling BS on your statement, you made a very stupid comment and you are now trying to backtrack.

Matzzon, it might be wise to shut your mouth now before you put your foot any further inside, dicksplash. 

the job is obviously making him unhappy judging by the state of his posts in this thread

I think he was the same guy who would jump into every alcohol ban thread to tell people he was better than them for not caring about it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RangerP703 said:

10 - Annual leave.

6 - Business days

8 - Personal leave days.

13 - public holidays.

30 - sick days.

How can you possibly consider sick days or maternity leave as free days.

As for Monkhood, please show me a company in Thailand that pays their salary of their workers while they are ordained.

According to the BOI website https://www.boi.go.th/tir/issue/200506_16_6/14.htm#:~:text=An%20Overview%20of%20Thailand's%20Labor%20Regulations&text=Overtime%20compensation%20must%20be%20paid,one%20year%20of%20consecutive%20work. 'Employees are entitled to 13 national holidays per year, plus a minimum of six days of vacation after one year of consecutive work. Thirty annual paid sick days is standard, and an employer may require a doctor’s certificate for sick leave of three days or more. Female employees are entitled to 90 days of maternity leave, including 45 days of paid leave'.

Where are the personal leave days? I can't seem to find those on a web search nor on my standard employment contract.

Why don't you count death, as I believe that you get extra days off if you die.

On 6/23/2020 at 3:49 PM, ThailandRyan said:

Exactly when will these extended holiday weekends take place

Seems odd to announce a plan but omit the dates?

My best guess(es): July 27, October 12 and December 8.

But who knows?

4 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

Because they already have about 10 Mondays off a year as it is, this already disrupts the school schedule and probably some places of work. There will be people who don't work Mondays anyway but work Fridays, so would further lose out.

I thought you had a problem with people having these extra days off so why do you now care about those that work Saturdays? 

When did I say I cared about when anybody was working or what days? What I cared about was your poor knowledge. Nevermind, I stop care about that know. Have better things to do. You know the ones that makes the world go round when you have chosen to work with what you want. A free choice for each and everyone. Have a great day!

On 6/24/2020 at 3:41 AM, Bert got kinky said:

6 months of working 12 hours a day and 6 days a week without a real break.

Try walking in my shoes (or the shoes of most Thai workers) before making such a stupid comment.

Be thankful you have had work and earning money.

A few million have not worked for 3 months and need to earn.

No one is stopping you take your leave, so book a holiday and go relax.

Scrapping the long Songkran holiday is sad for tourists and ex pats but having 3 long weekends, in most Friday afternoon until the Wednesday morning is long enough for everyone to enjoy...only missing out on 4 days but made up with 3 x long weekends.

Everyone is a winner ????????????????

On 6/24/2020 at 7:21 AM, Don Mega said:

Yeah this annoys me no end, I love the week off work the Songkran public holidays give me.

Ohh well 3 long weekends is better than just having the cancelled altogether so will still enjoy.

most of us are on holiday ALL the time !!

On 6/23/2020 at 3:49 PM, ThailandRyan said:

what will be the parameters for the Thais as far as water fights and such...

There won't be any parameters for water fights, Songkran celebrations, in addition to the traditional one that was celebrated by any who wanted to and could do so on the correct days, have not been reinstated, only the lost holidays.

With very littlle water in the tap, and little falling from the sky  where are these  people going to get the water to throw over everyone.?? .. remembering  i must not  sing,  dance,  or sit next to anyone in a bar, but can join the crowd of water throwers .