Interesting visit and talk at our immigration office

3 minutes ago, RedCardinal said:

The question some will have is what happens for non-immigrant visa holders whose visas expired and will need to leave the country come July 31st? In the context of tourist visas her statement makes sense - tourists can return home. But for Non-Immigrant O visa holders (some of whom are not entitled to extensions) what's going to happen. This is what I'm worried about as it's the situation I'm in. I've no idea where I might be able to get a new visa come July 31.

I suspect that you will be hosed. If you cannot extend, you will be forced to leave.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

What's the non o based upon. 

Child. Lives with mother, so not entitled to extension.

Visa expired 3 days ago, so beyond extension anyway. I doubt I'll be the only one affected and forced to leave. But will just have to wait and see what happens between now and July 21.  Very fluid, and as we're seeing in some other countries, changes in the Covid situation happen very quickly.

10 minutes ago, RedCardinal said:

The question some will have is what happens for non-immigrant visa holders whose visas expired and will need to leave the country come July 31st? In the context of tourist visas her statement makes sense - tourists can return home. But for Non-Immigrant O visa holders (some of whom are not entitled to extensions) what's going to happen. This is what I'm worried about as it's the situation I'm in. I've no idea where I might be able to get a new visa come July 31.

Since you have a Non-O there might be a chance that there will be an amnesty for that, but of course very hard to say now, guess we'll have to wait till half July for more info. 

3 minutes ago, RedCardinal said:

Child. Lives with mother, so not entitled to extension.

If your child is Thai you can apply for a 60 day extension to visit them. No need to prove they are living with you.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, hanssna said:

I got my passport back with another 90 days ( based on marriage ) so I'm ok until 19 September, no worries about 31 July.

The 90 day report is NOT based on your Visa, it is to tell the IO you have been here for...90days.

Just now, stouricks said:

The 90 day report is NOT based on your Visa, it is to tell the IO you have been here for...90days.

Yeah I get that ???? ...   just stating that my extension ( and 90 days ) are based on marriage

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

OP, if you did your 90 days report without any problem, then the TM30 wasn't necessary, because the 90 days report verifies your local address. 

90 day report has nothing to do with TM30

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If your child is Thai you can apply for a 60 day extension to visit them. No need to prove they are living with you.

Thanks. Current non-O expired on June 20th. Presume wont be able to get extension once expired.

55 minutes ago, RedCardinal said:

Current non-O expired on June 20th. Presume wont be able to get extension once expired.

Not a problem since you will be extending your "automatic extension" under the amnesty of the 90 day entry you got from your non-o visa.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Vipin Soodhanan said:

I am an British National who has family in Thailand would like to visit them last I met them on 26 th Jan . How can I make this possible pls 

If married to a Thai you can apply for permission to enter the country at the Thai embassy in London if you are in the UK.

22 hours ago, hanssna said:

By then, a male officer was outside as well, and he said it would be better to do TM30 anyway, so I called my wife over, who was waiting, and she went inside and did registration on their laptop. Friendly but a bit confusing if needed or not, well I guess every office is different. 

No doubt half of the IOs at immigration will not know that the TM30 rules have changed and will simply continue to dictate whatever rules they want you to dance to.  TITI (This is Thailand's immigration).