Send money

Wongkitlo

or... as a Tourist etc, stuck in LOS?  

you have an Aust Bank account? that you could do an online banking? 

- and do a 'pay anyone" if you do not have Linked accounts

Pay-Pal......if not I would e-mail them --give them the problem, ask what you should do. Most Banks have a sister Bank or at least a close assassination with a certain bank. At the least the e-mail will explain why its not forth coming--go onto your record stop bad rating...etc

• Haha 1

swift transfer bank to bank .... do you have a Thai bank account ? online banking you can enter all the details such as account # BSB number of Aussie bank etc .... 

You can use Western Union and a friend can collect the cash from the post office or bank in Australia and pay the CC for you. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Most Banks have a sister Bank or at least a close assassination

I cant believe I put that....talk about spell check......... I will have to defiantly keep off of the Red wine when contributing to TV................:coffee1:.... in the future

• Like 1

On 6/23/2020 at 8:50 PM, tifino said:

or... as a Tourist etc, stuck in LOS?  

you have an Aust Bank account? that you could do an online banking? 

- and do a 'pay anyone" if you do not have Linked accounts

Why a tourist? I usually go back every year

On 6/23/2020 at 10:16 PM, CLS said:

You can use the DeeMoney App or go to a bank that offers international transfers. (Not all branches do)

Yes Deemoney looks good. For 20000 b it offered 912 AUD(aud is about70us cents) and only 250baht fee while Western Union through Krungsri was only 880AUD and 300baht fee. I emailed Transfer wise with no reply. Thanks all.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, marc26 said:

Transferwise set to go to your bank in Australia..............It's the best way that we've sent money abroad in the 14 years we've been doing it...........

When did you send last time money out of Thailand with TransferWise? In yes - out no way.

Edited by CLS
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

Yes Deemoney looks good. For 20000 b it offered 912 AUD(aud is about70us cents) and only 250baht fee while Western Union through Krungsri was only 880AUD and 300baht fee. I emailed Transfer wise with no reply. Thanks all.

WU is not cheap. TransferWise is no option to send money out of Thailand.
Back in January I sent more than 20k THB via wire transfer from Bangkok bank to my overseas bank account and got roughly 1% less than the Google Interbank Exchange Rate.

Funds were credited the day after.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CLS said:

WU is not cheap. TransferWise is no option to send money out of Thailand.
Back in January I sent more than 20k THB via wire transfer from Bangkok bank to my overseas bank account and got roughly 1% less than the Google Interbank Exchange Rate.

Funds were credited the day after.

Thanks. I'll try Bangkok Bank. 

Recently used DeeMoney for a transfer to UK. Easy registration process, 1st transfer was free, payment via  my Thai bank account app, next working day credit and good exchange rate. More than happy with that.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, sanuk711 said:
On 6/23/2020 at 8:56 PM, sanuk711 said:

Most Banks have a sister Bank or at least a close assassination

I cant believe I put that....talk about spell check......... I will have to defiantly keep off of the Red wine when contributing to TV................:coffee1:.... in the future

Yes, best you do, "defiantly" [sic].

6 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

If you are going to quote my comment, please make sure that you do not alter it as you did with this one!   That was not what I posted.

Hi Bob. I thought I had posted to apologize for that. The moderator removed the post but not sure why they removed the apology.  When I open on my tablet to reply it is sometimes in the original post. I have nearly been caught by it several times but usually realize. Unfortunately not with this. I don't know if it is my tablet or the site but I did not mean to alter it. It is surprising that the programming allows it to happen(change someone's post) From memory I meant to post the reply without your quote. I think the reply was meant to say that the online ones are cheaper but have their own problems. As I said when I noticed it this morning I wrote an explanation and an apology.  That is why the reply was empty. Sorry again. Was completely a mistake. I have actually checked out the online options and they are shoddy so I am probably going to follow your advice and go Western Union.

On 6/24/2020 at 10:58 AM, YT3k72Em said:

Transferwise cannot send money from Thailand.

I think correct regardless of what the other poster said. I have their online calculator but no Thai baht and I emailed them with no reply.