Foreigners allowed on state buses now?

MarcelV

Next week I must travel to Bangkok for an important appointment. I live in the far south. 

Are foreigners welcome to travel on interprovincial (VIP or 1st class) buses again?

Fyi, I hold a valid work permit.

Sorry, I can't remember my sources on this, but I have seen one report in the last 24 hrs. or so saying that the answer is "yes". And I have seen a report by a foreigner saying that he recently did it, originating from Morchit 2 Bus Station in Bangkok. Still, I would advise you to go to your local bus station a day or two ahead to confirm. Also SRT trains were never affected by this.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2020 at 12:35 PM, MarcelV said:

Are foreigners welcome to travel on interprovincial (VIP or 1st class) buses again?

I'm sure the PM stepped in and told them they can do it and an announcement was made saying that they would accept farangs, the price for the ticket may vary for a farang, such as other things like as National Parks and temples ????

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

I'm sure the PM stepped in and told them they can do it and an announcement was made saying that they would accept farangs, the price for the ticket may vary for a farang, such as other things like as National Parks and temples ????

There are no farang prices on buses or trains. Did a "friend" tell you that? I have never paid anything when entering a "common" temple anywhere in Thailand. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BobinBKK said:

Is there a news link reporting this ban on foreigners riding buses? 

Here's one: https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2020/06/11/bus-operator-confirms-ban-on-foreign-travelers-in-pandemic/

Actually I called them myself before that was published and they told me foreigners were banned. But that was earlier this month. Couple of more recent reports have said the ban was lifted June 15. And actually I know a farang who took a govt. bus before June 15. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2020 at 12:11 PM, 2009 said:

Are we still banned?

Apparently not. I rode the bus all the way from Bangkok to Hat Yai. Granted, it was a different company, but there's no reason to think there'd be any problem whatsoever when trying to catch a ride on a state bus. Except the comfort and ability to sleep.