UK beach town raises alarm as huge crowds ignore COVID advice and flock to the coast

webfact

15 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

How many vaccines developed for the same sort of disease as Covid 19? NONE. Don't hold your breath waiting for one for this variety.

I'm saying 1918 policies, but what is your far better plan? Lockdown for years? What else is there?

now think about the death toll that would take

I'm thinking about all the young lives that will be lost to poverty if the current policies are continued. There isn't any easy out on this one. How many young lives are you prepared to sacrifice? Corona apparently doesn't kill young people except in some few cases.

Take measles

I did. I was deliberately infected as happened to many back then. Measles vaccine hasn't been around that long.

Anyway, it's pointless saying we should all lockdown indefinitely. The populace won't accept it and the economic catastrophe would be too horrible to contemplate. Life will return to some sort of normality and some will die.

You do realise that following your death path to herd immunity, global economies would be decimated owing to lack of working populations... 

There is no simple answer, albeit world governments could experiment by dismantling the world we know today, with globally sealed country borders. That's containment resolved.  

Edited by stephenterry
correction
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Ha Ha most people at the beach are enjoying a day out, only you need to fashion an 'excuse'. Get over it most everybody else has!

Ah the old "move on" cry from someone who thinks Johnson can do no wrong.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

It took over 200,000 years of human history for the world's population to reach 1 billion, and only 200 years more to reach 7 billion.

The population of the world needs thinning out and miserable old gits would be a great place to start ????

One silver lining is the ecology of the world is improving.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Syduan said:

You've got to be brain dead if you believe in this scamdemic. 

Now now, can you articulate what your theory is rather than trolling, a slice of evidence behind any of your thoughts would be beneficial to your cause

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Was always going to happen. People looked at Dominic Cummings getting away with it and decided its OK for them to do the same.

Try tracking and tracing that lot!  

Many of those people will have sat in traffic for hours to get to the beach, many of them expecting to be able to adhere to the social distancing rules when they got there.  After all Bournemouth has miles of sandy beach and is rarely over crowded at the best of times.  I think the biggest problem here was that everyone gravitated to the centre of Bournemouth rather than further down the beach towards Boscombe where social distancing was easily achievable.

So once you had found a place to park (always a nightmare in Bournemouth) and dragged the kids and the sunbeds and beachballs down to the beach, how many of us are going to say "Sorry Kids we have to give this a miss today".