An American's Observations On Thailand's Pandemic Response

rooster59

47 minutes ago, twocatsmac said:

He mentions the booze ban but not that it was instigated due to a group of young Thai revellers sharing bottles and passing the virus amongst each other (a single incident).

His apprehension at leaving safe Thailand and returning to America is understandable with the USAs lax attitudes towards the virus and unrest.

More then one case, in my locale I know of three incidents that didn't help.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, hoxman said:

More then one case, in my locale I know of three incidents that didn't help.

Yes, I was referring to the case highlighted in the the Thai press and used as a tool then to implement various lockdown rules.

7 hours ago, twocatsmac said:

He mentions the booze ban but not that it was instigated due to a group of young Thai revellers sharing bottles and passing the virus amongst each other (a single incident).

His apprehension at leaving safe Thailand and returning to America is understandable with the USAs lax attitudes towards the virus and unrest.

I saw many instances of groups of Thais all congregating on the streets and drinking alcohol together , there seemed to be groups on every street corner and outside 7/11s , which makes a mockery of closing the bars , because many people just moved outside on to the streets

• Like 1

"You've obviously never been in the back room of a Thai restaurant, where the cooking is done. One thing about face masks, it's probably reduced the national pastime of nose-picking."  

And pimple popping. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

You've obviously never been in the back room of a Thai restaurant, where the cooking is done. One thing about face masks, it's probably reduced the national pastime of nose-picking.

And he has never given a look to the roadsides (used as landfills)...

• Like 2