What type of snake is this?

misterphil

15 hours ago, misterphil said:

Thought so, thank you for the confirmation. We get green pit vipers and these pythons here in Saraburi. 

Had a green pit viper in my garden a couple of years ago. The security guard made short work of it. The deadly ones are dealt with quickly. Last year we has a sizeable burmese python slither across out porch. The wife freaked out lol. The guards took that one away.  

• Like 1

Had two of these within a week in my place in samui. They were wrapped along the fence railings at night and about one and a half metre long. Just gave it a light touch with the pool pole and it just slid off into the empty land next door . Didn’t even try bite or anything, stunning looking thing in real life.

3 hours ago, DavisH said:

Had a green pit viper in my garden a couple of years ago. The security guard made short work of it. The deadly ones are dealt with quickly. Last year we has a sizeable burmese python slither across out porch. The wife freaked out lol. The guards took that one away.  

Pit vipers are more to be aware of than pythons in my opinion. They can inflict long lasting damage. I used to have quite a number of different vipers in my garden, but with their habitat being destroyed in the surrounding area, very rare now. I capture them and deposit them in areas away from human habitation. 

9 hours ago, Daveyh said:

Yep, a python ........... but he is only a youngster! Completely harmless at this age really. However, when they become adults the bite can be quite serious, but not venomous. Observe caution when these snakes are fully grown as they can be very aggressive & tremendously strong. You can be in serious trouble with this species if they are adults as they constrictors. They will bite, hold on & coil around you if they are threatened ........... don't corner them, leave an exit for them as most of the time they will opt to get away rather than any confrontation with a human.

they are mellow as hell unless you mess with them or are a cat or chicken.

• Haha 1