Koh Lipe ready to accommodate New Normal

webfact

Koh Lipe ready to accommodate New Normal

314570cce8c52f1c4ef51b0ccdb58f3e_small.jpg

BANGKOK(NNT)-Koh Lipe in Satun province is ready to welcome tourists again on July 1st.

Called the "Maldives of Thailand", Koh Lipe is known for its white sandy beaches and crystal blue sea. It was a popular getaway destination before being shut down for three months by the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) situation. The closure, however, allowed the natural features of the island to rejuvenate, making it even more attractive than before.

Hotel and resort operators have made various preparations to accommodate New Normal travel once the island reopens, disinfecting rooms and spaces and training staff to carry out hygiene regulations.

Representatives of the island’s tourism businesses have made known that among adjustments, most venues have reduced their prices to attract guests.

Koh Lipe is approximately 85 kilometers off the coast of the southern province of Satun in Tarutao National Park. It hosts several picturesque lagoons with its Melayu derived name indicating its flat, accommodating topography.

Source: http://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG200628105048810

nnt.jpg
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, sweatalot said:

I'm hoping for the "old normal" to come back.

Btw are their any statistics available that compare the number of deaths this year to that of earlier years?

I'm sure you're thinking of Koh Tao, which has also been referred to as death Island with its history.

Koh Lipe is as safe and as perfect as any Thai island can get. By far the best Thai island I've visited. 90 min from Satun on the southern mainland and 2.5 hr to Malaysian Langkawi.. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...