Looking For A Good Tailor

Can anyone recommend a good tailor. Looking to get some shirts made at a fair price. :o

Are you for real?

If so, I'd wait til you go to Bangkok, and save Baht.

40+ tailor shops along Chaweng Beach Road.

Price per shirt approx. Baht 600.- (depends on material of course)

If you make 5 shirst = Cost 3,000

Bangkok Tailor may be 500 Baht per shirt

5 shirts = 2,500 Baht

Roundtrip by PG, plus taxi etc. = 8,000.- Baht

Go figure... :D

there are many places around Chaweng that make the clothes for the tailors. cut out the middleman go to them direct there are loads on the road from tesco into Chaweng. i use a place not sure of its name i will look but go past PTT station on the main ring road turn left just before the BUPA office go to the end of the road turn left and it is there on the right. cost me 350 baht per shirt, he makes for the tailors. Indian tailors are only shop fronts.

there are many places around Chaweng that make the clothes for the tailors. cut out the middleman go to them direct there are loads on the road from tesco into Chaweng. i use a place not sure of its name i will look but go past PTT station on the main ring road turn left just before the BUPA office go to the end of the road turn left and it is there on the right. cost me 350 baht per shirt, he makes for the tailors. Indian tailors are only shop fronts.

Cheers, got a good idea where it is but if you get the name great.

Cheers, got a good idea where it is but if you get the name great.

had a look yesterday name was in thai unfurtunatly however if you come in the way i directed it is the second shop on the right past the road that goes to samui arcadia. it is inbetween samui plaza and the arcadia road. has a few manakins in the window. the shirts were a bit to long he took them up for 20 baht. if you come in from lamdin where the monkey temple is it is about 200 yards past samui plaza on left if you get to the samui arcadia road sign you gone to far. shop opposite rents out motorbikes.

.............. cost me 350 baht per shirt, he makes for the tailors. Indian tailors are only shop fronts.

That may be true, but the Indian tailors speak English, know how to measure you properly

and can advise on the types of material available...............

Now, what is the Thai for "pure cotton", or "polycotton"?? :o