The logic of masking

Trujillo

6 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

The mask of the future?

> https://twitter.com/wef/status/1379720605235175433

Posted 3 days ago on the Twitter-account of the World Economic Forum, and heralded there as a major innovation - "the smart mask that can track your breathing and let you know if you are wearing it wrong or even if you forget to wear it at all."

No, thank you!

• Like 1

On 4/10/2021 at 1:27 PM, Peter Denis said:

The mask of the future?

> https://twitter.com/wef/status/1379720605235175433

Posted 3 days ago on the Twitter-account of the World Economic Forum, and heralded there as a major innovation - "the smart mask that can track your breathing and let you know if you are wearing it wrong or even if you forget to wear it at all."

No, thank you!

A mask and a tracking device !! Sounds just what Thailand is looking for ????

• Like 1

Reported flame post removed. Also now a misleading troll post.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

On 4/11/2021 at 9:17 AM, Trujillo said:

Might interest some:

Outdoor-transmission-accounts-for-0.1% of-state's-covid-19-cases -- Irish Times

"The number of cases associated with outdoor transmission was 'so small to be insignificant"....

So for you all wearing a mask on your motorbike, on a bicycle or walking on the sidewalk, to name a few, be aware of your virtue-signaling.

Or you are protecting yourself against the notoriously bad air pollution.

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, canthai55 said:

In your opinion.

But according to the Great Unwashed, all opinions which do not agree with what you "Think" are deemed false and 'Conspiracy Nonsense'

And that is not why I could not post a link ...

Not just my opinion:

"Social media and video platforms including Facebook, YouTube and Twitter are racing to remove a slickly-produced interview with widely discredited scientist Judy Mikovits. The viral "Plandemic" video lasts more than 20 minutes and peddles numerous debunked conspiracy theories about the coronavirus pandemic."   https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2020/05/08/facebook-plandemic-judy-mikovits-shares-false-coronavirus-info/3095471001/

"Plandemic: The Hidden Agenda Behind Covid-19 and Plandemic: Indoctornation are a 2020 conspiracy theory video and film, respectively, both of which were produced by Mikki Willis and promote misinformation about the COVID-19 pandemic. Both feature Judy Mikovits, a discredited former researcher who has been described as an anti-vaccine activist.   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plandemic

Some of the conspiracy theories are fact-checked here:  https://www.politifact.com/article/2020/may/08/fact-checking-plandemic-documentary-full-false-con/?fbclid=IwAR2VIzauYNsARKWg72_2_NOO15Dl_kLj0rGvyUkNV75qRVxfeLgaUVh-cPA

• Like 1

Yup - don't adhere and you are branded a lunatic, conspiracy theorist, or just plain crazy.

Anyone in this day and age who does not keep an open mind, who believes what the media tells them, trusts politicians ... is either woefully uninformed, or ... (fill in the blanks)

From Wiki itself - Wikipedia is not a reliable source for citations elsewhere on Wikipedia. Because it can be edited by anyone at any time, any information it contains at a particular time could be vandalism, a work in progress, or just plain wrong. ... Wikipedia generally uses reliable secondary sources, which vet data from primary sources

Same as my maids aunts gardeners cousins cat told me ...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

A conspiracy theory is only theory till it's proven correct.

When science says something is wrong but people still believe it, it's not a theory, it's a crackpot idea that only crackpots believe.

Can you give an example of a conspiracy theory that has been proven correct?

Edited by heybruce

1 hour ago, canthai55 said:

Yup - don't adhere and you are branded a lunatic, conspiracy theorist, or just plain crazy.

Anyone in this day and age who does not keep an open mind, who believes what the media tells them, trusts politicians ... is either woefully uninformed, or ... (fill in the blanks)

From Wiki itself - Wikipedia is not a reliable source for citations elsewhere on Wikipedia. Because it can be edited by anyone at any time, any information it contains at a particular time could be vandalism, a work in progress, or just plain wrong. ... Wikipedia generally uses reliable secondary sources, which vet data from primary sources

Same as my maids aunts gardeners cousins cat told me ...

Wikipedia entries that reference credible sources are reliable.

I keep an open mind to information and ideas from sources that have earned a reputation for credibility.  The people behind
"Plandemic" have no credibility.  This is explained in the credible sources I provided a link to. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, heybruce said:

The people behind "Plandemic" have no credibility.  This is explained in the credible sources I provided a link to. 

So 'Your Media' is more credible than 'My Media' !!!

And here we are, back in the schoolyard.

I have a firm distrust in ALL media, and am always open to other viewpoints.

Seems I am alone in this according to many people and their 'Sources'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

So 'Your Media' is more credible than 'My Media' !!!

And here we are, back in the schoolyard.

I have a firm distrust in ALL media, and am always open to other viewpoints.

Seems I am alone in this according to many people and their 'Sources'

You've put yourself in a paradox:  If you distrust all media then you must distrust Plandemic. 

Of course if you distrust all media, which includes the written word, then you have no source of information other than what you discover on your own.  You must also have difficulty traveling; after all, maps are a form of media.  But then I assume you doubt the existence of any place you haven't been to, so perhaps you have little need to travel.

• Haha 1

As of yet there is no world wide statistical system of Covid 19 reporting.

'If you have it, and you die, then you died of Covid 19 '

They forgot to prefix this with 'Once Upon a Time' - like all fairy tales start.

Until we have credible numbers then all these "Facts" are meaningless.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

As of yet there is no world wide statistical system of Covid 19 reporting.

'If you have it, and you die, then you died of Covid 19 '

They forgot to prefix this with 'Once Upon a Time' - like all fairy tales start.

Until we have credible numbers then all these "Facts" are meaningless.

A number of nations have reasonably good nationwide statistics on Covid 19, and these numbers show it to be a highly contagious disease with a death rate between 1% and 2% and lingering health problems for some of the survivors.   Covid 19 is not a fairy tale.

Accurate numbers and analysis may not be available until years from now, but the information available is enough to tell us how to reduce transmission and that vaccinations are safe (certainly much safer than catching the disease) and effective.

Edited by heybruce
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Claiming all media is propagandized or, in the case of canthai55, that one distrusts all media, is a way of justifying believing whatever one wants to and rejecting all evidence that discredits the beliefs.  It's mental laziness.

dis·trust
/disˈtrəst/
noun
noun: distrust; plural noun: distrusts
  1. the feeling that someone or something cannot be relied upon.

Do you believe everything you are told ?

8 hours ago, canthai55 said:
dis·trust
/disˈtrəst/
noun
noun: distrust; plural noun: distrusts
  1. the feeling that someone or something cannot be relied upon.

Do you believe everything you are told ?

No, but I believe what I read when it comes from credible sources.

Why do you believe the nonsense in the Plandemic video?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, heybruce said:

No, but I believe what I read when it comes from credible sources.

So ... you pick and choose which media is 'credible', you and the rest of the 'Great Unwashed' to paraphrase Edward Bulwer-Lytton

Must be nice to be so sure of yourself.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, canthai55 said:

So ... you pick and choose which media is 'credible', you and the rest of the 'Great Unwashed' to paraphrase Edward Bulwer-Lytton

Must be nice to be so sure of yourself.

You may think readers don't notice, but they do:  You criticize the news sources of others but refuse to state why you think the conspiracy theory video "Plandemic" is credible. 

You obviously pick and choose which media you think is credible.  I do the same, but with a rational criteria--I go with print media that has a history of factual recording and acknowledging the occasional mistakes.

What is your criteria?  Why to you think "Plandemic" comes from a credible source?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NotEinstein said:

youtube is a mystery to you! I guess credible source for you means mainstream media......

I see that you rely on the mainstream "fact check" narrative control mechanism.

Explains why you are narrative managed. If you had simply clicked the whatreallyhappened.com link, you would have seen that it is a host of direct quotes from the actors involved, and official documents. Nothing refutable.

youtu.be is a mystery link.  Maybe it was a typo on your part, or maybe it's a link to malware. 

Even if it is a link to youtube I won't click on the link.  I don't get news and information from youtube.  Nobody who is serious about being informed does that.

I won't waste time reading and fact-checking your fringe "information" sites.  If there is anything pertinent to this topic you can post a quote here.

• Like 1