The logic of masking

Trujillo

Just now, RocketDog said:

As posts #8 & 12 state:

The OP is ignoring asymptomatic carriers who can infect others. 

It is thinking like the OP that could Make the Virus Great Again. 

The statement that there are no infected people in Thailand is brash, unsupportable , and naive, not to mention being inflammatory to logical and informed thinkers. 

Please be informed and make your own reasoned decisions rather than being thoughtlessly swayed by posts like the OP's based on false logic. 

Would point out posting 'fake COVID scares' is punishable by prison in Thailand.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

As posts #8 & 12 state:

The OP is ignoring asymptomatic carriers who can infect others. 

It is thinking like the OP that could Make the Virus Great Again. 

The statement that there are no infected people in Thailand is brash, unsupportable , and naive, not to mention being inflammatory to logical and informed thinkers. 

Please be informed and make your own reasoned decisions rather than being thoughtlessly swayed by posts like the OP's based on false logic. 

Just curious, so if in the last 35 days there's been asymptomatic carriers, where are the people that are showing signs of being infected?  Surely they can't all be asymptomatic.

• Like 2

Just now, steelepulse said:

Just curious, so if in the last 35 days there's been asymptomatic carriers, where are the people that are showing signs of being infected?  Surely they can't all be asymptomatic.

A snake may not strike everybody that walks by but it hardly means he's no longer there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RocketDog said:

A snake may not strike everybody that walks by but it hardly means he's no longer there. 

My friends relative died a few days ago , Cause of death "Flu" , wasnt tested for Corvid .

May have been a natural death, maybe not, who knows ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, andre47 said:

I personally always wear a mask when I go in buildings or outside when I stay near other people. I also wear it on my motorbike. When I see that other people don't wear it I also take it off, but if they wear a mask I also wear it. I think we are guests in this country and we should adapt to the local people. Wearing a mask is also a sign of respect and care against the others.

I agree with everything you say except the nonsense about being guests

3 hours ago, 5633572526 said:

There is no law requiring you to wear a mask however I carry one with me and in the places where they have a sign asking you to wear one I have no problem complying with the request. Increasingly however at least in bkk there are fewer and fewer places requiring this. I am sitting now inside my favorite coffee shop where nobody Thai or farang is wearing a mask and there is no requirement for social distancing. 

Certainly in the areas I’ve been to in Bangkok and in my area distancing is observed a bit less now, but mask wearing is prevalent at a percentage I’d say at well over 90%

27 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

Surely they could all be asymptomatic.

Also they could be symptomatic but unreported, happens all around the world, particularly in countries like Thailand.

Also there could be a lot of cases which are mild, so mild that they are thought to be a brief fever, cough or cold or other flue.  A lot of this around the world.

Or could be a mutation with longer time characteristics.  Like one that can live in your bathroom mold for 90 days. Or even just 36 days.

To suggest that there is a magic 30 day or 35 day cutoff is off the mark.

Also

Edited by Dante99

2 hours ago, aussiebrian said:

My neighbor won't wear a mask, won't have a vaccine when they have one, is all made up to control us, but he believes it is no worse than the flu, covid-19 was made in a laboratory in the USA along with ebola, SARS, HIV,  they are going to inject a microchip into us with the vaccine to track and control us all, the moon is hollow and was made by aliens, all the world leaders, the queen and Jews are shapeshifting reptilians from an alien planet, David Icke is trying to warn us,  5G causes covid-19 Bill Gates is the devil and trying to kill us all to depopulate the world but I am a sheeple etc how can you get someone like that to wear one or get vaccinated when available? Nice guy, strange ideas. 

1 in 3 people in the USA will refuse to be vaccinated. Many have similar beliefs, and I suspect many reading this do too..

I read your whole post and you didn’t use the word PLANDEMIC. What kind of conspiracy theorist are you eh? ????????.

The attention seeking fools who make up these things are weird, but the people who actually believe them really ought to get back on their anti psychotic meds.

31 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

That is sort of the point, "if" the virus is still spreading, it is spreading amongst young healthy asymptomatic carriers. Therefore there wont be any infected people presenting at hospital, or getting counted at hospitals.

It may not be spreading but without wide scale testing nobody can say its not.

Most of the spread, town to town, country to country etc has been asymptomatic carriers, the people with symptoms are sick in bed/hospital and to sick to travel.

2 hours ago, steelepulse said:

Great reasoning to just keep everyone wearing masks for the rest of their life. 

It works.  Those places where many have been wearing masks for years have low infection rates.  You know, places where you see high mask wearing numbers everyday for the past 10-15 years.

On 6/29/2020 at 9:15 PM, Lacessit said:

"Therefore, there is no reason whatsoever to wear a mask now, since there is not a single person in the country who has the virus, knowingly or unknowingly".

Asymptomatic carriers do not know they have the virus. Thailand has tested less than 0.1% of its population. How the OP reaches the conclusion there is not a single person in the country with the virus defies the logic he is espousing.

I get that you don't want to wear a mask. I don't get justifying that position with BS arguments.

It's up the Provincial Governors if you have to wear a mask 100% of the time you're outside your home. Either you follow the rules or not,just try to understand who comes up with the rules and why. How hard can it be? 

21 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

Surely they could all be asymptomatic.

Also they could be symptomatic but unreported, happens all around the world, particularly in countries like Thailand.

Also there could be a lot of cases which are mild, so mild that they are thought to be a brief fever, cough or cold or other flue.  A lot of this around the world.

Or could be a mutation with longer time characteristics.  Like one that can live in your bathroom mold for 90 days. Or even just 36 days.

To suggest that there is a magic 30 day or 35 day cutoff is off the mark.

Are you advocating the New Normal

> From now on Everybody Always and Everywhere to Wear a Mask?

I missed BBCs 2500 deaths above average but if this is so then that is almost certainly Thailands current covid death rate. Means that symptomatic and non symptomatic covid is still active and even though this is still low Thailands use of masks is working so I and my wife will continue to wear masks as everyone should

19 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Have you evidence which makes you "sure" that those excess deaths were caused by the virus? Or could they be suicides, domestic and other violence, etc resulting from LOS' draconian emergency measures?

As for face masks, it is hardly "selfish" to refuse to wear one if, as research shows, they are hazardous to the wear and offer at best marginal protection against this or any other virus.

https://technocracy.news/censored-a-review-of-science-relevant-to-covid-19-social-policy-and-why-face-masks-dont-work/

One suspects we are being mandatorily muzzled like dogs not for our safety but to teach us unswerving obedience to the state, no matter how outlandish its dictates.

If anyone is saying cynically "let those at risk die" it is not facemask refuseniks, but leaders of nations which failed to protect their most vulnerable citizens. Care homes have borne 50 percent of COVID fatalities in so-called civilised countries like the UK and US.

Its only logical, one should even add the deaths normally caused by songkran and the dangerous roads and it is even more.

Face masks works has been proven that they help you NOT spread it. They don't work good for not catching it. That is why others should wear it too and only selfish Tommy Robinson followers like you seem to be against it. 

That masks don't work good if others don't wear it was known its even posted with images in this topic. So don't come up with tests that are not done with that in mind. These tests don't test how much less infections there are if the other person wears them. These tests are test of someone trying to protect them from infection while the other person does not wear them.

Sneezing coughing and all are all limited a lot when you use a mask. So your doing it for someone else his or her safety. 

wear mask, expets, sweden were not wear mask, peoples has die 4000 person, goverment want all die, no help peoples, world dangerous viruses country. and thailand 39 dead has wear mask alltime, this is true and totally idiot not use mask, what mask have problem ? i not has sen anythink problem use mask. but i see many idiot what not like use mask. him have brainless idiot all.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, finnishmen said:

wear mask, expets, sweden were not wear mask, peoples has die 4000 person, goverment want all die, no help peoples, world dangerous viruses country. and thailand 39 dead has wear mask alltime, this is true and totally idiot not use mask, what mask have problem ? i not has sen anythink problem use mask. but i see many idiot what not like use mask. him have brainless idiot all.

goverment want all die, no help peoples, world dangerous viruses country. and thailand 39 dead has wear mask alltime

not all die, in the uk if you're under 50 you stand more chance of being knocked over and killed by a bus than by the virus. and for those over 50 the vast majority of fatalities are the elderly and those with pre-existing medical conditions. and do you really believe that the the thai government is a) capable of recording actual corona virus deaths in an accurate and transparent way and/or b) the thai government has any interest in reporting the actual corona virus deaths in an accurate and transparent way?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, robblok said:

Its only logical, one should even add the deaths normally caused by songkran and the dangerous roads and it is even more.

Face masks works has been proven that they help you NOT spread it. They don't work good for not catching it. That is why others should wear it too and only selfish Tommy Robinson followers like you seem to be against it. 

That masks don't work good if others don't wear it was known its even posted with images in this topic. So don't come up with tests that are not done with that in mind. These tests don't test how much less infections there are if the other person wears them. These tests are test of someone trying to protect them from infection while the other person does not wear them.

Sneezing coughing and all are all limited a lot when you use a mask. So your doing it for someone else his or her safety. 

Logic is obviously not everybody's strongpoint, so I won't bother asking about the logic of dragging the Tommy Robinson into this debate.

An attempt at guilt by association, maybe?

Do try actually reading the link I posted about masks. It's fairly technical and takes a bit of wading through. But then, as any logical person would agree, effort generally brings its reward. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, steelepulse said:

How many years is this army going to go around infecting others

They will be doing it long after you are dead most likely.  Have a look at the history of similar diseases, they are still alive and active in the world, they have not been eradicated 100%.  You may choose to consider the numbers small enough to be insignificant but those numbers are not zero and the new cases of HIV or Swine Flue are not having much fun.

6 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

They will be doing it long after you are dead most likely.  Have a look at the history of similar diseases, they are still alive and active in the world, they have not been eradicated 100%.  You may choose to consider the numbers small enough to be insignificant but those numbers are not zero and the new cases of HIV or Swine Flue are not having much fun.

The topic is about sense/nonsense of wearing face masks.

Did you just confirm that you are advocating the New Normal?

> From now on Everybody Always and Everywhere to Wear a Mask

5 hours ago, aussiebrian said:

My neighbor won't wear a mask, won't have a vaccine when they have one, is all made up to control us, but he believes it is no worse than the flu, covid-19 was made in a laboratory in the USA along with ebola, SARS, HIV,  they are going to inject a microchip into us with the vaccine to track and control us all, the moon is hollow and was made by aliens, all the world leaders, the queen and Jews are shapeshifting reptilians from an alien planet, David Icke is trying to warn us,  5G causes covid-19 Bill Gates is the devil and trying to kill us all to depopulate the world but I am a sheeple etc how can you get someone like that to wear one or get vaccinated when available? Nice guy, strange ideas. 

1 in 3 people in the USA will refuse to be vaccinated. Many have similar beliefs, and I suspect many reading this do too..

I'm guessing that after he told you all of that you just dismissed it as a reflex action. That's why your friend calls you one of the sheeple. If you had looked at the information and seen if any of it stands up, your friend would have said you have started your awakening. Forget about the alien stuff and Bill Gates is the Devil. Look into all the other stuff. But be prepared that the world will never look the same again. It's a difficult experience but worth it. Good luck.

P.S. Ask your friend if he has one of David Icke's books. Any will do. 

28 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

there is no logic to masking in a country that claims no new cases for 37 days and has the borders closed.

There is no logic to believe those claims or that the borders are effectively closed.  With little doubt tens of thousands have crossed land borders at uncontrolled locations.

6 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

The topic is about sense/nonsense of wearing face masks.

Did you just confirm that you are advocating the New Normal?

> From now on Everybody Always and Everywhere to Wear a Mask

No.  Sorry you are unable to understand what I just confirmed.  

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

There is no logic to believe those claims or that the borders are effectively closed.  With little doubt tens of thousands have crossed land borders at uncontrolled locations.

If those tens of thousands that crossed the land borders came from Laos or Cambodia, there would be little risk considering that the cases/deaths in those countries are even lower than in Thailand.