Insurance Cover for USD100,000 Stipulated for all Returning Foreigners

ASEAN NOW Sales

2 minutes ago, khunbillmex said:

I'm assuming these health plans must be paid in full upfront - do any of them offer the possibility of monthly or quarterly payments?

In my experience, some do and some don't.

1 minute ago, Camillof said:

What do they mean by this anyway? I haven't figured that up yet. Where do you "register" to enter Thailand?

Apply for entry at This embassy or consulate during limited entry phase

• Thanks 1

On 6/30/2020 at 3:28 PM, ThaivisaSales said:

This is in addition to checking that before flying passengers must have obtained a ‘Fit to Fly’ health certificate certifying that passengers pose no risk of being infected by COVID 19 virus and this to be issued no more than 72 hours prior to date of travel.

I don't see anyone mentioning the 'Fit to Fly' certificate.  Last I heard this was not available in most countries.  Updates welcome. 

• Like 1

Insurance companies and banks are prospering. We know it is only a matter of time until expats already living here will be required to purchase health insurance. Put it into your budget plan. 

• Like 1

An edited repost from another thread >

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1170385-new-health-insurance-the-facts/?do=findComment&comment=15572220

= = = = = =

Check out this link

https://www.americanvisitorinsurance.com/trawick-international/safe-travels-international-cost-saver.asp

Note: Their website is somewhat confusing, but they provide Covid-19 insurance both for US and non-US citizens.

I am a non-US citizen and will not be visiting USA, so fully eligible to subscribe to the covid-19 policy they offer.  For my age (63) the premium would be less than 90 US $ for 1 month < 100.000 US $ coverage with a 5.000 US $ deductible >. 

Sounded good!  But when clicking the option 'Buy It' the travel destination said USA and is greyed-out, without option to change it.

That's definitely a website error because when 'playing' with the options I was able to get a quote from Thailand to Multiple Countries (instead of the greyed-out USA).

But I was not able to reproduce that when trying again.

So would be worthwhile to contact them with your specific details, as they definitely provide covid-19 insurance policies for periods of 5 days to 1 year for both US Citizens and Non US citizens that are not visiting USA.

4 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

An edited repost from another thread >

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1170385-new-health-insurance-the-facts/?do=findComment&comment=15572220

= = = = = =

Check out this link

https://www.americanvisitorinsurance.com/trawick-international/safe-travels-international-cost-saver.asp

Note: Their website is somewhat confusing, but they provide Covid-19 insurance both for US and non-US citizens.

I am a non-US citizen and will not be visiting USA, so fully eligible to subscribe to the covid-19 policy they offer.  For my age (63) the premium would be less than 90 US $ for 1 month < 100.000 US $ coverage with a 5.000 US $ deductible >. 

Sounded good!  But when clicking the option 'Buy It' the travel destination said USA and is greyed-out, without option to change it.

That's definitely a website error because when 'playing' with the options I was able to get a quote from Thailand to Multiple Countries (instead of the greyed-out USA).

But I was not able to reproduce that when trying again.

So would be worthwhile to contact them with your specific details, as they definitely provide covid-19 insurance policies for periods of 5 days to 1 year for both US Citizens and Non US citizens that are not visiting USA.

I think has to do with the present Covid-19 situation  In the USA , as even Europe country's are closed border for them by latest  E.U. measures 

Edited by david555

Pointless argument, but comes again and again. Nobody needs an overpriced Thai insurance with a maximum coverage of perhaps 500k or 1m THB that in the event required does not pay. If you cannot afford to pay such 500k out of your savings you are in the wrong place. Stay at home and don't travel the world.

Just because you may not be able to afford it, still you are here, does not mean that the rest of us should finance more glass palaces for the insurance mafia.

Edited by MadMac
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Truth Will Set You Free said:

This government has stamp a no return of tourists. Everyone that are foreigners should forward this to your country so that no one return to this country until this out rage of a requirement has changed. $100,000 dollar insurance Policy that can be used in Thailand. Sounds like a racketeering activity. 

Well those of you that resides here and might need to return home for personal reason, something to think about. 

As that can happen.... best to keep address from sea freight agent at hand as not all can go in checked airline luggage  ???? 

3 hours ago, ogb said:

That's the best way, but doubt the insurance lobby (and all the hangers on) would like it, as that way the money only would go to the medical professionals when actual services needed.

Still need $50,000 usd insurance to get into Cambodia.

15 hours ago, steven100 said:

oh dear   ! ...... everybody is jumping up & down about insurance ....  SCB bank COVID19 cover 499 baht LOL   !!!  

Pah cheapskate  I  bought the super  deluxe  soapy massage one for  800 baht

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, blackcab said:

The vast majority of work permit holders are citizens of Cambodia, Laos, and Myanmar who work in low income jobs such as construction. I wonder how they will be able to afford a policy such as this?

Fleece the sheep with wool

1 hour ago, Camillof said:

Excuse me but where does being "a responsible person" start? At what level of coverage, based on what criteria? I am still in my '50s and always enjoyed good health. I am retired in Thailand since 2012 (Non-Imm O). Although not required by law, since 2015 I subscribed a local policy for 800,000 THB coverage ("Wealthy-Healty 4000" by Thai Health Insurance Public Company Ltd. which by the way covers Covid-19 too). Until now In 5 years I never used it. Am I being responsible or irresponsible?

in  thailand youre being sensible will make no sense????

22 hours ago, kevinsan said:

Gotta love the Insurance Lobby. They have been pressing this issue for years and have now conquered.

As per the old saying, "it's an ill wind that blows nobody any good".

Good for the insurance companies.