Electric meter rebate.

jvs

I live in Petchaburi province and have applied for the return of my down payment for the electric meter.

Visited the new PEA office 4 times so far because of trouble with the application.

Had to open a new bank account just for this but found out later you can also use 7-11 for receiving the money?

Anyway called today and more excuses,now they are saying this province has problems with whatever and there fore

have to wait again.I told them other foreigners have received the rebate but all i got was silence.

Any one else the same problem?

If it was only a few hundred baht i would let it go but it is just over 4000 baht and i am curious about other peoples experience.

Not resident in Hua Hin any-more. Filed for our rebate in Lampang and heard crickets about the meter rebate.

There's been a cost reduction with monthly payments though. Saved over 8,000THB over the last 3 months. This month alone saw an additional reduction over 2,000THB.

So, it could be claimed that we've had  a rebate upwards of 10,000THB. 

35 minutes ago, alacrity said:

Not resident in Hua Hin any-more. Filed for our rebate in Lampang and heard crickets about the meter rebate.

There's been a cost reduction with monthly payments though. Saved over 8,000THB over the last 3 months. This month alone saw an additional reduction over 2,000THB.

So, it could be claimed that we've had  a rebate upwards of 10,000THB. 

Yes we had a cost reduction also but just a few hundred baht.This has nothing to do with the meter rebate however.

Hi jvs ,

I am also looking at claiming the return of my meter deposit.

My meter is the 15(45)Amp , 3 Phase.

I am not sure how much money is involved as I have had this meter over 10 years now , but I found a table that shows that is either 6,000 baht or 16,000 baht.

My question is :- what documents did you need to show at the PEA office , when you made your claim?

372628232_PEAElectricMeterConnectionDepositInstallationFee2017.jpg.e70a040f5875bc5ea301d56134633e92.jpg

3 hours ago, a3tsw said:

Hi jvs ,

I am also looking at claiming the return of my meter deposit.

My meter is the 15(45)Amp , 3 Phase.

I am not sure how much money is involved as I have had this meter over 10 years now , but I found a table that shows that is either 6,000 baht or 16,000 baht.

My question is :- what documents did you need to show at the PEA office , when you made your claim?

372628232_PEAElectricMeterConnectionDepositInstallationFee2017.jpg.e70a040f5875bc5ea301d56134633e92.jpg

I do not have three phase so yours could be more money.

I basically brought all of the papers i have ,passport,housebook and of course a copy of your electrical bill.

Are you also in Phetchburi province?There is a lady at the office who speaks English and she was very helpful.

She told me it would take time but that everything is being worked at.

No, I am in Phuket , where I have found that all govt. offices are a nightmare to deal with if you are a foreigner. I went to the PEA office regarding this matter during the lockdown and they were unhelpful in the extreme. Will look into using either an agent or law firm to make the application on my behalf , if their  fees are reasonable.

1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

Mrs did it all at 7/11 got the money from there a week later, some weeks ago now

Yes i know Thai people with the meter in their name seem to have less problems.

Still a lot of Thai people get the run around,lots of complaints at the local office.

It also seems to make a difference where you are located.

I will just keep going there until i either get the money or are rejected.

Like A3tsw in that case i will throw some money at it just to prove a point.

Just got back from the PEA offices.

First went to the main branch in Phuket Town and was referred to a local branch in Chalong.

To cut a long story short their answer was that foreigners cannot receive a refund of their electricity meter at present , as in order to apply , you need to fill out an online application which requires the applicant to provide a Thai ID number , does not accept foreigners passport details.

They informed me that foreigners will be allowed to receive these refunds , but were not sure when , was told to come back in 2 Months time.

Clear as mud.

Lawyer appointment made for 2:00PM.

Will update on progress later this afternoon.

Was told that the amount that I should get back is 12,000Baht.

Edited by a3tsw
additional information.
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, a3tsw said:

Just got back from the PEA offices.

First went to the main branch in Phuket Town and was referred to a local branch in Chalong.

To cut a long story short their answer was that foreigners cannot receive a refund of their electricity meter at present , as in order to apply , you need to fill out an online application which requires the applicant to provide a Thai ID number , does not accept foreigners passport details.

They informed me that foreigners will be allowed to receive these refunds , but were not sure when , was told to come back in 2 Months time.

Clear as mud.

Lawyer appointment made for 2:00PM.

Will update on progress later this afternoon.

Was told that the amount that I should get back is 12,000Baht.

Yes what i did understand is they just put your application in some pc and it gets rejected.

You go back to the office and they put it in again with the same result.

I do not think at this point you need a lawyer but please keep me updated,like you said,clear as mud.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/5/2020 at 9:45 PM, jvs said:

onths oYes we had a cost reduction also but just a few hundred baht.This has nothing to do with the meter rebate however.

After months of listening to crickets about our rebate (which was the primary salient point I made). We got our rebate week 3 of last month.

Guess we outdid you on that figure also!

5 minutes ago, alacrity said:

After months of listening to crickets about our rebate (which was the primary salient point I made). We got our rebate week 3 of last month.

Guess we outdid you on that figure also!

Sorry i did not realize we were having a contest!Good for you.