What About The Phillipines?

shaymo

thanks for the reply and info. yea, i lived in bkk for 8 months last year. i work thru the net proof reading financial reports so its real handy- no commute etc. im really fed up with the dark inhospitable weather here in ireland. im nearly qualified as a lawyer here also but im gonna jack that in so i can live in the sun. i get a decent euro wage as it is and my lifestyle this way is just far superior. i would pay 100 euro k for the thai climate! in fact , u really cant put a price on that!!

anyway, i would come back to ireland for 3 months a year in the summer (i would prefer shorter but i suspose thats not possible as u can only get triple entry?). how many years have u got this in a row? do they ask any questions?

i understand what ur saying about thai women. i guess some people need to have a partner who understands them and their culture and how their mind works to an extent. not me though - im pretty shallow!! although sometimes, i wished my thai girl got me a bit more. bless her heart.

anyway,

later

This year was my third triple entry visa. So far I had no problem, but I'm not very comfortable at the border when they take a look at my passport with all the problems going on lately ( tomorrow mornin I'm headed to Myanmar for my third entry, break a leg Marco...). I always dress and act politely bla bla.., they never asked me to show 20000 baht .

But to tell you the true next year I will probably skip Thailand. I'm searching info on the net to find a "candidate". Argentina, Bali, Brazil (Florianopolis), Vietnam and why not the P.I. I have 6 months to make up my mind

Anyway I got to admit it, most of the people here are pissed off with the strict enforcement of the rules, because leaving Thailand...SUCKS BIG TIME!!! and I may be here again with a new passport ..hint

Good German food? Isn't that an oymoron....other than beer nuts, sausages and schnitzel is there anything else?

German beer though...that is the best without a doubt!

reminds me a bit of that old joke(which I can't quite remember....)

European Paradise

French lover

Italian Food

German efficiency experts

English Police

European hel_l

German lover

English Food

Italian Efficiency experts

French Military

etcetc

I would put Philippines, German and English food at almost the same horrific level..........definitely amongst the worst in the world......

ahhh yes the emerald isle :o

My UK wall poster from 1990 read : Common Market, Heaven or Hel_l ?

Heaven is where the cooks are French, the mechanics are German, the police are English, the lovers are Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.

Hel_l is where the cooks are English, the mechanics are French, the police are German, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organized by the Italians.

Of course the wonderful Swiss were far too smart to join what is now called the European Union, but then they do earn most of their money from bank interest!

As for the OP's visa question, how wonderful to be able to earn a livng off the net; visas should be the least of your problems. Being a perpetual tourist is fine so long as you go home and get triple entries. Next step up is a non-B: perhaps your financial contacts in ie would do a letter sponsoring your research in LoS in that field. A multiple entry version means leaving only once every 90 days.

Malaysia (90-days visa-free) & Indonesia are also worth checking out in addition to Philippines. Have you visited any of them yet?

Good German food? Isn't that an oymoron.... other than beer nuts, sausages and schnitzel is there anything else?

what would a Jellymeister know about german food? :D

p.s. what are beer nuts?

A yellymeister judging food?

That's an oxymoron! :o

I have spent 3 weeks in Philippines recently, mostly at Angeles City.

Prices are generally lower then Pattaya. Internet Cafes charge only 20 pesos per hour. (in Pattaya the price range is 30-60 baht)Jeepneys charge 7.5 pesos compared to 10 baht in Pattaya. There are a lot of franchisee chains in Philippines for good farang food. For example italian food Sbarro. Or pastry shop like Goldielocks. Never seen them in Thailand. Pizza is better, properly salted and cheese topped, and cheaper. Indeed you have not the option of cheap Thai food in Philippines, as local food is not attractive. In Jollybee fast food however you can eat decent spaghetti and hamburger and ice cream meal for about 100 pesos.

What is not convenient is accomodation. A decent hotel in Angeles comes 1,000 pesos a day.A small detached house (40 sqm) can be just 1,000,000 pesos, but unfortunately foreigners cannot own it. You can own only condominiums which are incredibly short in supply.

So for now I stay in Thailand as long as they give me the visa, should foolish Immigration deny it I am ready to move to Philippines.