Need transfer expired Thai visa to new US passport?

I just got a new passport (renewal). I have an Non-OA based on retirement in my old passport. The permitted stay on it expired this past week. Making use of the amnesty, I did not extend it because I am planning to fly out soon and convert to non-O at CW when I return in a few months. In this situation, do I need to transfer the expired stay/original OA visa to my new passport?

Immigration does not transfer visas.

Since you apparently only have a entry from a your OA visa you can leave the country by showing both passports. They will transfer your entry stamp to the new one and stamp you out of the country in it.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigration does not transfer visas.

Since you apparently only have a entry from a your OA visa you can leave the country by showing both passports. They will transfer your entry stamp to the new one and stamp you out of the country in it.

The new passport came with a US embassy letter to Immigration requesting that it "transfer the bearer's immigration stamp from his/her cancelled passport to the new one." What does that refer to then? Thank you for your advice. By the way, if makes any difference, I have in old passport a Non O-A visa from 2015 that I have extended every year since except this year.

Also this in embassy website Q&A:

"Thai immigration law requires entry/exit stamps and Thai visas be transferred into new passports. After receiving your new passport, please visit any Thai immigration office to have the visa transferred. The letter to facilitate visa transfers comes standard with all passport renewals and is provided without fee."

Edited by david_je

10 hours ago, david_je said:

The new passport came with a US embassy letter to Immigration requesting that it "transfer the bearer's immigration stamp from his/her cancelled passport to the new one." What does that refer to then?

You wrote you a OA visa which I assumed meant your were on one year permit to stay from it. Now you are saying you have an extension of stay.

Since you do not plan on applying for a new extension and the current one has expired or will be when you leave the country there is still not need to go to immigration. You can have it taken care of on departure from the country.

There is actually no law that says you have to have your stamps transferred. There is a immigration regulation you need to have your stamps transferred before applying for a new extension of stay. 

The embassy is incorrectly calling assorted stamps your passport a visa. Immigration cannot transfer visas.

• Like 1