Any recent info on status of PR holders stranded abroad with Expired Re entry?

Hi Guys,

Any recent info on PR holders stranded abroad and having their Re Entry permits expired? Few months ago I read there was an exemption for them that they could return and have their PRs reinstated but there was a condition attached which I don't remember. Somebody knows please enlighten me. Thanks

• Like 1

I was watching a youtube video today and it mentioned a Swedish guy with a Thai wife being on the short list and only had the official application form to fill in. Herein lies the issue the Thai embassy in Sweden does not have this form yet! 

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You have a year to enter the country after your re-entry permit expired. 

They wrote "has been extended beyond 1 year", not "for one year".

It has yet to be announced until which date a PR holder has to enter.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I was writing in general the terms since I was posting a screenshot of the rule.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jackdd said:

Correct. Seems there's no clarity on the rules/timeframe, confusing as all other things are.

6 hours ago, sas_cars said:

Correct. Seems there's no clarity on the rules/timeframe, confusing as all other things are.

Your re-entry permit is normally valid for one year. That means it can be used after it expires.

This is the article inf the ministerial order about it.

image.png.cda9337745bf1b4def4d74908400d0ad.png

Source: Ministeral Order for Emgency Situation.pdf

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Your re-entry permit is normally valid for one year. That means it can be used after it expires.

This is the article inf the ministerial order about it.

image.png.cda9337745bf1b4def4d74908400d0ad.png

Source: Ministeral Order for Emgency Situation.pdf

Thanks Joe. Do you have access to it's orignal letter in Thai? If you could post that also would be really grateful

22 hours ago, sas_cars said:

...I read the thai version but there seems to be some mismatch between this and the english version you sent. The Article 1 doesn't seem to be the same translation. Have a look please.

In case of a discrepancy, it is the original Thai version that counts.

51 minutes ago, Maestro said:

In case of a discrepancy, it is the original Thai version that counts.

If so, there's no mention of any amnesty for the PR holders in the thai version Ubonjoe sent me. Or maybe there's another thai version which specifically mentions the PR holder amnesty.

5 hours ago, sas_cars said:

If so, there's no mention of any amnesty for the PR holders in the thai version Ubonjoe sent me. Or maybe there's another thai version which specifically mentions the PR holder amnesty.

You did not say that in your previous message.

The English version is a official translation. I will go through my folders to find the correct one. The Thai version will only mentions the section of the immigration that is covered.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You did not say that in your previous message.

The English version is a official translation. I will go through my folders to find the correct one. The Thai version will only mentions the section of the immigration that is covered.

I went through both the thai and english version you sent me, the information covering for PR holder amnesty was only present in the english translation but not in thai original version. See if you could find the right thai version in your folders. Really appreciate it.

9 hours ago, sas_cars said:

I went through both the thai and english version you sent me, the information covering for PR holder amnesty was only present in the english translation but not in thai original version. See if you could find the right thai version in your folders. Really appreciate it.

That might only be the extension of the order to July 31st posted on the royal gazette.

Here is a copy of  signed document after it was approved that was in a message sent to me. Ministerial Notice For Amnesty.pdf

Changed to PDF from image so it does not appear in this post.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That might only be the extension of the order to July 31st posted on the royal gazette.

Here is a copy of  signed document after it was approved that was in a message sent to me. Ministerial Notice For Amnesty.pdf

Changed to PDF from image so it does not appear in this post.

Thanks. I was able to find it's Original PDF version in crystal clear quality and I'm attaching it here.

On another note, don't know what do they mean by returning once the condition gets better. Do they mean when commercial flights resume to thailand or should the PR holder must come back by a repatriation flight if it's available?

PR Amnesty Notice Thailand.pdf

31 minutes ago, sas_cars said:

Thanks. I was able to find it's Original PDF version in crystal clear quality and I'm attaching it here.

That is the one posted in the royal gazette I though a I had copy of.

31 minutes ago, sas_cars said:

On another note, don't know what do they mean by returning once the condition gets better. Do they mean when commercial flights resume to thailand or should the PR holder must come back by a repatriation flight if it's available?

Basically no. It means when the covid 19 emergency is over I assume. When they wrote it those on PR could not enter the country unless they had a work permit. The ability for those without a work permit to enter is fairly new.

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is the one posted in the royal gazette I though a I had copy of.

Basically no. It means when the covid 19 emergency is over I assume. When they wrote it those on PR could not enter the country unless they had a work permit. The ability for those without a work permit to enter is fairly new.

So how do we comprehend the PR amnesty then? We must try getting on a repatriation flight? 

11 minutes ago, sas_cars said:

So how do we comprehend the PR amnesty then? We must try getting on a repatriation flight? 

When it was written there were no repatriation flights for PR holders without a work permit. So that is not a factor.

I think it means when normal flights are available without a lot of restrictions on entry (covid insurance, quarantine and etc).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I sent my thai mate to the PR department at Chaeng wattana and asked for their interpretation of the amnesty for PR. I got the reply from them, it's as per below

1, You should always try to return on a repatriation flight before your Re entry permit expires. But if in case you are not able to get a repat flight in time of your re entry permit expiration, you are required to be on first available repat flight back to thailand and you'll still be able to keep your PR. But if you deliberately took long time and didn't return on any available repat flight after your PR expiry and commercial flights resume, you'll lose your PR.

After getting this update, I've made my decision and registered with my nearest thai embassy to put me on first repatration flight.

• Like 1