Foreign diplomats invited to see coconuts being picked by monkeys

webfact

3 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

This Monkey business is not impressive especially if they have their teeth removed, however I think it's a lesser evil to what is likely to be continuing in the Fishing industry. Overfishing and rampant human exploitation, I believe reps from the EU witnessed window dressing of the industry and gave it the thumbs up.

The fishing industry in the Philippines has destroyed entire ecosystems, destroying coral reefs dynamite fishing in some areas.

6 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

What a lot of apologist nonsense. 

Animal exploitation for profit is wrong, end of story. 

mate, you are an idiot, I was around the training of them for a couple of years and they were treated extremely well, the monkeys are rewarded very well too, they are  treated like family by their owners, its idiots like you that know <deleted> all that are the problem, you really need to pull your head from your butt and wake up. I take it you dont eat meat, eggs etc or drink milk or are you a complete hypocrit

Edited by seajae
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, LucyP said:

Much of these monkey's suffering occurs conveniently out of sight--like when their teeth are yanked out, they are kept chained, and subjected to stressful training.

another idiot that knows <deleted> all and simply presumes everything, in all the years I have been around them I have never seen them chained or had their teeth pulled, BS obviously has baffled your brain

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, seajae said:

another idiot that knows <deleted> all and simply presumes everything, in all the years I have been around them I have never seen them chained or had their teeth pulled, BS obviously has baffled your brain

Well, I will try not to presume anything that I don't personally know. I don't know how these monkeys are generally treated, but I personally visited one of the harvesting operations years ago and every monkey there was toothless. Sitting around having a few beers with my mates the other night and we were discussing this. The girls chimed in that this is still a common practice in some areas. Nuff said.

7 hours ago, nickstav said:

The fishing industry in the Philippines has destroyed entire ecosystems, destroying coral reefs dynamite fishing in some areas.

The fishing industry around the world is rapidly becoming unsustainable, some nations are doing well to protect the stocks but this is not as widespread as it needs to be, sorry this is about monkeys.