U.S. to force out foreign students taking classes fully online

snoop1130

Thank you very much.

I was reading how rich in Hong Kong are selling their property and skipping US altogether instead opting for Canada. My shoebox 1 bedroom in Toronto will soon be worth million bux. Again, thanks a lot.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

Did you ever hear of time zones?Did you ever hear some people around the world do not have internet access?

Thought the thread was about folk not sitting in a classroom in the USA. ????

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, johnpetersen said:

If they're not in the usa then they will have to use the internet. And for some thag means late night hours.

So be it, but foreign folk should sit in a classroom if in the USA, and not work in McD's...???? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, transam said:

So be it, but foreign folk should sit in a classroom if in the USA, and not work in McD's...???? 

They do. But the unis closed so they do it online until they re open. Now trump wants them all out.

This will of course mean the cost of US students enrolling will skyrocket.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

No problem at all. If the UK, Oz, or little America (Canada) wants to allow students to be granted long term visas for taking 100% online classwork with zero physical institution presence then go for it.

Don't lose sight of the fact that it is the universities themselves that are promoting the wholly online courses.  They make a boatload without having to employ staff.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, car720 said:

Don't lose sight of the fact that it is the universities themselves that are promoting the wholly online courses.  They make a boatload without having to employ staff.

The professors will still be teaching.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, johnpetersen said:

The professors will still be teaching.

I think one online class could hold up to a thousand students.  How many students in one professor's class.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, car720 said:

I think one online class could hold up to a thousand students.  How many students in one professor's class.

That may be true for huge lecture classes. But smaller classes are interactive. These are not cheap canned internet courses.

Edited by johnpetersen
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1