Thailand travel bubble in chaos: Plans for international flights between participating countries put off indefinitely

webfact

1 hour ago, Misterwhisper said:

That "travel bubble" idea was never feasible to begin with. Even if it had panned out, it never would've attracted the foreign tourist numbers those dreamers at TAT and assorted ministries hoped for. Just because Thailand opens up "travel bubbles" for a few nations doesn't mean that everybody is immediately going to hop on a plane. People have different priorities right now than spending tight money on an overseas vacation. And especially not a vacation that basically would restrict them to a clearly defined, restricted area with no freedom of movement outside that "bubble".  That's my opinion anyway.

That encapsulates it perfectly .. 

Well said .. 

• Like 1

"I'm forever blowing bubbles,
Pretty bubbles in the air,
They fly so high, nearly reach the sky,
Then like my dreams they fade and die.
Fortune's always hiding,
I've looked everywhere,
I'm forever blowing bubbles,
Pretty bubbles in the air.
I'm dreaming dreams, I'm scheming schemes,
I'm building castles high.
They're born anew, their days are few,
Just like a sweet butterfly.
And as the daylight is dawning,
They come again in the morning!"
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

China, not so bad, if their numbers are to be believed.  Singapore and Japan, not so much... from the WHO daily situation report for July 7. The new cases and death numbers are the 2nd and 4th columns:

2020-07-08-90.jpg.30b1e92dc1655a65c98d8ff02682b9d6.jpg

https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/situation-reports/20200707-covid-19-sitrep-169.pdf?sfvrsn=c6c69c88_2

Shows that the Chinese Virus is hardly deadly

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 86Tiger said:

Edit to Add:   I predict a most excellent buyers market in property, housing and vehicles in next 6 - 8 months.

Absolutely. 

Tears and snotters all over the place as they possess Somchai's modded pick-up or the loan sharks come round and take grandma's chanote.

Watch them go after the farang company name land owners too. 

• Like 1

Any update on the possibility of an extension to the current visa amnesty? Surely it would make sense to extend it another 30-60 days, but... TIT so who knows?

8 minutes ago, Woodsie888 said:

I'm quite envious of your ability to be such a smart alec without any empathy for those that may be suffering either emotionally or financially as a result of this pandemic. You must feel extremely superior to everyone else on earth. After reading of some posters situation I feel very sorry for them. I hope things continue to go swimmingly well for you.

Life is suffering - Buddha

• Like 1

Just now, Traubert said:

What about 'let the Yanks and Brits in?'

I like your humour but don't think that is one they have thought of yet. How about target people under 25 years of age, as they are super low risk of catching COVID 19 anyway.

Just a joke but I am sure there will be something soon, announced here within the next day or so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nev said:

Maybe they are panicking because they might have to cancel the 3 submarines on order and bail out the economy instead, Or even better hand out money to the needy.

Thailand did not need submarines in the first place.

555! Nev, I am clicking the like button for that!   

• Like 2

It's going to be Thailand travelers travel only travel within Thailand for awhile. Even in the USA some places tell you if you come to our state you have to quarantine for 14 days and that is just within the USA. So, a one night stay, a weekend stay, or a week stay just became a 2 week +stay. Nobody has that much time n $$ to spend. Wait for a vaccine or a yearly shot like the flu before anyone travels outside any ones border.

1 hour ago, Walker88 said:

One might add that the visa amnesty could be extended to coincide with this.

Apparently there are upwards of 40,000 in Thailand benefiting from the amnesty, which means that number spending money. It may not be the usual 40 million per year, but that many people can support a decent number of Thai jobs, which is a plus. Every little bit helps. The Labor Minister and TAT head should get the PM's ear.

They have reopened Muang Thong Thani temp immigration so it certainly won't be an amnesty for those of us stranded here unable to get entry to regional countries. It would be nice if they made some sort of announcement about what the requirements will be since no reasonable system will be set up for people to travel into or out of countries with the disease under control.

• Like 2