THAI rehab plan ‘ready in 2-3 weeks’, Survival Team appointed

webfact

THAI rehab plan ‘ready in 2-3 weeks’, Survival Team appointed

By The Nation

800_35de3edf036c802.jpg?v=1594370032

A rehabilitation plan for Thai Airways International (THAI) will be ready in two to three weeks, but it is too early to say whether the carrier will resume international flights in August, the airline’s acting president said on Thursday (July 9).

Chansin Treenuchagron was speaking after talks between THAI management and staff following the appointment of a “Survival Team” to work out a business plan for the ailing carrier.

"Employees still have some concerns, such as welfare. I can assure you that I will help with everything, but we have to wait for the court to finish considering the rehabilitation plan first," said Chansin.

The carrier has filed for debt rehabilitation and must submit its rehab plan at the Bankruptcy Court on August 17. The details of the plan will be announced at a press conference after the Bankruptcy Court rules on whether it will take the case, Chansin added.

He said it was too early to say whether THAI will resume international flights in August, since the airline was still assessing the situation.

Meanwhile, Chansin has ordered the Survival Team to draw up both urgent and short-term business plans covering the period from July 9 to October 31. The team is being led by Chai Eamsiri and consists of Suwattana Sibunruang, Capt Chawan Rattanawaraha and other 18 members of THAI departments.

Chansin has also assigned two new executives to the THAI management team. Soradej Namruangsri is the new executive vice president of operations and director of the Thai Airways Flight Support Centre 904, while Non Klintha becomes acting executive vice president of Corporate

Strategy and Sustainable Development.

THAI employees expressed satisfaction with the appointments of the Survival Team and executives, said Chansin.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/business/30391078

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-07-10

49 minutes ago, thequietman said:

Ar@%hole. 

1. Person who looks up words to ridicule another person   ????

Thank you. Ar@%hole was the word I have preferred to use when describing someone whose almost every post contains a 'brown envelope' joke but I thought laughterbater was more restrained.

The link was just to show I had not made up that very approrpiate word for one who cannot make a post without letting us know via emojis just how astute and funny it was.

Edited by SkyFax
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I think when one repsonds to nearly every pronouncement of the the Thai officialdom -- whether deserved or not -- with ridicule then a response is not out of line.

BTW you can maybe use this instead of emoji for your next posts -- on the house.

brown-envelope-500x500.jpg.d425d1c1a77738841d4d45a124cdd542.jpg

Edited by SkyFax
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Oziex1 said:

3rd: there is no 3rd.

No -- 3rd is how to get persons to buy tickets way in advance so we have something to skim especially if we then cancel the flights and hold back on the refund.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SkyFax said:

Thank you. Ar@%hole was the word I have preferred to use when describing someone whose almost every post contains a 'brown envelope' joke but I thought laughterbater was more restrained.

The link was just to show I had not made up that very approrpiate word for one who cannot make a post without letting us know via emojis just how astute and funny it was.

At least some other people are having fun!

• Like 1

Here's my answer to the tag team: I haven't flown THAI since the 18-hour non-stop BKK to JFK RT in 2006. I realize THAI has a host of problems from the current structure and management which the new management may or may not be able to overcome.

But I wish them well. And I'll just leave the 'Yeah when pigs fly' comments to others.

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Chansin Treenuchagron was speaking after talks between THAI management and staff following the appointment of a “Survival Team” to work out a business plan for the ailing carrier.

Watch this space, it will try to operate on much the same way as it did before... no major changes or restructuring.

2 hours ago, The Barmbeker said:

Good luck with any rehab plan, as long as Thailand does not allow international travel into the country!

Of course they are going to let in International travel. It will all be part of the “plan” Without it the Country goes bust not just the Airline  

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

Of course they are going to let in International travel. It will all be part of the “plan” Without it the Country goes bust not just the Airline  

Rumor has it, that Thailand will open to international tourism in OCTOBER 21!

...just a rumor...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The Barmbeker said:

Rumor has it, that Thailand will open to international tourism in OCTOBER 21!

...just a rumor...

They will be open by the end of the year. Albeit with some money making schemes attached. 

Noise and showboating again .. Stuffed full of Thai names but what magic formula are they going to come up with that they have overlooked for as long as T A has been absorbing cash like a sponge even before the Aviation industry hit the hard times like they have this year .. just about every other Major Int' Airline is having to re-evaluate and reorganise by reducing fleets , shedding jobs , looking at amalgamating with other carriers .. Airbus are shedding 000's , Boeing production has been shut down in a number of plants and on it goes .. factor in the uncertainty of how long Int' passenger numbers will take to recover ( not this year and highly unlikely next year ) and T A truly have their heads buried in the sand if they think that they can suddenly turn a dead on arrival airline into a fit one .. 

Edited by Justgrazing