Criminal record required documents

25 minutes ago, bluesky1234577 said:

Thank you for the reply. I understood the purpose of the criminal report, but in the list, it says the letter from embassy for request check to objectives. That one I am confused about....

The embassy part would be for a visa. 

Then you have a choice of the ones listed after it if you are looking at this. http://pcscenter.sb.police.go.th/filedownload/infomation-service-4.pdf

1 hour ago, bluesky1234577 said:

Thank you for the reply. I understood the purpose of the criminal report, but in the list, it says the letter from embassy for request check to objectives. That one I am confused about....

assuming you are in thailand and need this for a work permit or work visa.  get your new employer to write a letter to you requesting that you apply for a criminal report, sign it/stamp it, scan it and email it to you.  no letter from embassy needed in that case.

royal police will accept that along with your signed (certified) passport copy.  you'll get a lovely certificate with "FOR THE AUTHORITIES OF (insert country here) ONLY" at the top.  then depending on where you're applying, you may need to take that certificate to ministry of foreign affairs to have legalized, and to the embassy of your new employer's country to have authenticated.

If you simply go to the police headquarters in Bangkok and do it yourself, it will take over a month to get it. If you use this outfit, they can get it in 4 working days and you won't need a letter from anyone. They are somewhat pricey though at over 4000 baht. They are also recommended on the Royal Thai Police website. https://www.a-plusservice.com/    I have used them twice and they deliver as advertised.

As ChouDoufu mentions, if you need to get it legalized, you need to go to the Department of Consular Affairs at the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs. That place can be a madhouse, so if you are so-inclined, there are touts or agents hanging around that will get it done for you for around 800 baht. You can then pick it up the next day from them. A-Plus will also get it for you but at a higher cost.

Last week I applied for certificates for my Chinese wife and myself at the Bangkok Police Special Branch in building 6.

I can send you the address if you can't find it but it's close to the Siam BTS station. A pleasant walk.

I told them that it was for NZ Immigration for visa purposes.

It seemed enough of a reason. My last expired one stated that it was for the use of the NZ Authorities only.

My wife had not needed one previously so it was her first here in Thailand. The same procedure for us both though.

We only needed signed copies of our passport for the process. Front pages and visa page. Originals to view as well of course.

I did flash my Thai drivers licence as well. The police seem to universally like you doing this.

We did take our house lease, marriage certificate and anything else that we could think of but it was not requested. If you have it no one asks...

We had to be finger printed too. I was inked and my wife's fingers scanned.

Inking only took 1/4 of the time funnily enough.

I fully recommend being friendly and polite since I've only found helpfulness and success in all my dealings in Thailand.

It will be sent by post and will take a month but that suited us. 100 baht for the processing and 50 baht for the post. So 150 baht each all up.