Man killed in fiery road accident in Bangkok’s Nong Jok district

webfact

Man killed in fiery road accident in Bangkok’s Nong Jok district

By THE NATION

800_1cded464018df64.jpg?v=1594605754

A man met a horrific end in a fiery accident involving his Mazda Cronos sedan and a Toyota Vigo pickup truck yesterday (July 12) on Suwintawong Road in Bangkok’s Nong Jok district.

Alerted to the accident, Lam Phak Shee station police rushed to the scene with fire trucks.

They found the bronze Vigo severely damaged in front in the collision with the bronze-grey Mazda, which was engulfed in flames.

2.JPG

After putting out the fire, officials found the charred body of the driver in his seat. He was later identified as Issara Bangyai, 47. Forensic staff ruled the cause of death as burning. Two people in the pickup truck, one male and one female, suffered injuries and were rushed to a nearby hospital.

Witnesses reportedly told police that they saw the Mazda driving in circles in front of a car showroom and speculated that the driver might have been testing the car, before the pickup truck jumped a traffic island from the opposite side of the road and smashed into the car, causing it to catch fire.

3.JPG

Police are reviewing CCTV footage from the showroom and nearby traffic lights to determine the cause of the accident.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30391195

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-07-13

Horrific... Did they breathalyse the driver of the pickup? Speeding?

What causes an explosion such as that on impact. I thought petrol / diesel tanks are built not to fracture on impact. Could the Mazda have had an NGV conversion?

There’s no way to telling what type the Mazda is, but looking at the wheels it doesn’t look like a new model and thus the suggesting link to the showroom seems a little tenuous.

The barstool detective in me is wondering if this was not an older car with a crappy NGV conversion. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

What causes an explosion such as that on impact. I thought petrol / diesel tanks are built not to fracture on impact. Could the Mazda have had an NGV conversion?

There’s no way to telling what type the Mazda is, but looking at the wheels it doesn’t look like a new model and thus the suggesting link to the showroom seems a little tenuous.

The barstool detective in me is wondering if this was not an older car with a crappy NGV conversion. 

Mazda Cronos Sherlock, NGV ?, Watson is still investigating.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, thequietman said:

How does one respond to this gem. ????

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Witnesses reportedly told police that they saw the Mazda driving in circles in front of a car showroom and speculated that the driver might have been testing the car, before the pickup truck jumped a traffic island from the opposite side of the road and smashed into the car, causing it to catch fire

Amazing Thailand

13 hours ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

Wouw what a pathetic responses already.

A man died on a horrific way, R.I.P.

Wondering what made the vigo jumped a traffic island, brake failure or alcohol?

All of the above i would say

21 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Very high fuel pressure pumps are commonplace now.  If a fuel line gets broken and there is still power going to the pump it can spray fuel at a high psi rating over a hot engine.

I just googled mazda high pressure fuel pump check.

Depending on model it can be 64 to 92psi. Picture that coming through a cracked fuel line.

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1