Quarantine accommodation

Tristanc

At the risk of sounding like a cheap skate.. can anyone tell me what the cheapest  quarantine  hotel/ centre  is

The research I've done the best I have found is 38k . I travel to see my family  so 38k is better in their pockets than some hotel ,however I understand  and accept the  need for this enforced hiatus,  So would

like to find my cheapest option.   Can anyone advise

I emailed 21 ASQs 2 days ago to check for availability early August, the majority didn't even answer, 4 had room available, cheapest 55,000 baht. The cheap ones are fully booked well into September. There are a lot of cancellations close to quarantine arrival date as most foreigners can't get on repatriation flights

Edited by MikeyIdea

33 minutes ago, unheard said:

I'm assuming you got an approval to enter and have already booked a flight..

The process is that you must show proof of quarantine booking before you can get CoE, the embassy will then advice how to book repatriation flight. 

9 hours ago, MikeyIdea said:

The process is that you must show proof of quarantine booking before you can get CoE, the embassy will then advice how to book repatriation flight. 

The process is that you apply for a permission to enter first - no flight, ASQ bookings are needed.

It can take weeks or maybe even months just for the approval to get through.

I'm aware of at least one person that has been waiting for over a month and still hasn't been approved (marriage grounds)

Only after obtaining that approval you have to make bookings for the ASQ room and flight.

There are reports now that it's getting difficult to find available ASQ rooms since most of the cheaper ASQ rooms have been booked as far away as September by those who still don't have any idea on when they'll be permitted to enter.

That's absolutely unnecessary and actually harmful to the process, since  the vast majority of those advanced bookings would have to be cancelled or re-booked.

This situation creates an artificial scarcity for those who've actually went through the approval process, have been approved and now can not find available rooms.

Edited by unheard

5 hours ago, unheard said:

There are reports now that it's getting difficult to find available ASQ rooms since most of the cheaper ASQ rooms have been booked as far away as September by those who still don't have any idea on when they'll be permitted to enter.

That's absolutely unnecessary and actually harmful to the process, since  the vast majority of those advanced bookings would have to be cancelled or re-booked.

This situation creates an artificial scarcity for those who've actually went through the approval process, have been approved and now can not find available rooms.

What a nightmare.