Thailand changes entry rules after new COVID-19 cases spark second wave fear

snoop1130

12 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

This should not happened, I am really sorry that it did and I want to apologise to the public," said Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha

And gives me extended time to take even more extreme power measures no doubt at the ministry of filthy farang control ???? 

Oh do get over yourself will you?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pilotman said:

That's not the problem, the problem is enforcing a 14 day quarantine on resting aircrew such that they cannot return to the airport to fly out.  Why don't people understand what 'quarantine' means, it means you  go to your place of quarantine and you stay there for the full 14 days.   Right now, aircrew arriving rest for their allotted time in allocated hotels ( not shopping) and then return to the airport, interacting with airport staff, immigration and their own ops staff and then fly out. Under the restrictions, if imposed, they would not be able to do this until after the 14 days, unless the exemption remains in place.  Now I hope readers understand the potential problem.  

You are making things up, where has it ever been said that aircrew would be forced into a 14 day quarantine.

There is no reason whatsoever that aircrew cannot be isolated for their turnaround time. Any essential interaction can be done in a safe manner, as is the case with all other arrivals.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sungod said:

Calm down, the only thing that's changed is diplomats have to quarantine in approved places, not at their residences.

Oh, and they banned Egyptian airmen from going shopping too....

NO IT'S ALL OVER !!! Thailand will be closed now for a long time. Damn you Egyption air man, why couldn't you just go shopping in Cairo. Goodbye Thailand it was amazing 

ThornyVioletIaerismetalmark-small.gif

6 minutes ago, Geroniman said:

Not a big deal, but if you’re a general ‘in the west’ you’re not running the country! But even a PM would likely know little or nothing about aircrew rest days unless or until he was briefed by his spads or civil servants.

Airmen are pivotal in the latest wars especially. Just look at Iraq. To suggest a general knows nothing about airmen is silly. I don't even know what your trying to say in you're Post. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, LEKPHUKET said:

The brainwash machine from the government is doing his job and a lot of people just follow like buffalo's. 

More people have to become poor and give back their welfare they build up over the years. If the economy and tourism who brings more then 20% of gdp not starts soon we face a situation as in Venezuela today or Argentina many years ago and is still today influencing the countries economy 

And yet the BAHT value will remain unaffected.... ????

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, rocksniffer said:

Covid19 is in the world, and is never going to disappear. How about the fifth wave, the tenth wave, and all the others after that ? It may be that Covid19 will be an annual event, like flu. Will Thailand remain in lockdown until a vaccine is found ? 

Vaccine already exists there....Sangsom!  Kills any and everything it comes in contact with....all hail Sangsom!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, AndrewMciver said:

NO IT'S ALL OVER !!! Thailand will be closed now for a long time. Damn you Egyption air man, why couldn't you just go shopping in Cairo. Goodbye Thailand it was amazing 

ThornyVioletIaerismetalmark-small.gif

I hope he enjoys his dungarees and docker slacks so can meet beautiful american lady and look rich!!!

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

All diplomats and family members, who were previously allowed to self-isolate in their residences, must now be quarantined under government supervision.

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Short-term visit by businessmen and state guests who were allowed to enter as of July 1 have been suspended. Coronavirus tests given to those who may have been exposed to the two cases

The privileged ones who think they are above everything have screwed themselves, at least the PM now knows he cannot trust even diplomats & their families who arrive for a shopping trip while hubby is in a meeting.

But this begs another question: 

What's going to happen to all the foreign business people who are going to be at the "motor show" manning their stands and booths at the impact stadium Nonthaburi starting today?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, DrTuner said:

If one single case freaks the entire country out, what does that tell you of their test & trace capacity? By now, thanks to the long time in lockdowns, it should be a very well oiled and practiced machine.

Yes, that's sarcasm.

Every outbreak starts with one case... some more sarcasm !

16 hours ago, Yinn said:

Thai must stay home, loose the job, close the business, but the government/army allow government/army foreigners not quarantine. 

Why?

Deleted Idiots. 

Yin yes, but invidious

Its called nanny state, the relationship between Govts and their citizens have changed for the worse, under the Govts decision the People have lost their income, and possibly livelihoods, & have had social controls imposed on them under Emergency Acts, unless challenged this is the future or so called new normal as the authorities like us to believe in.

51 minutes ago, sandyf said:

You are making things up, where has it ever been said that aircrew would be forced into a 14 day quarantine.

There is no reason whatsoever that aircrew cannot be isolated for their turnaround time. Any essential interaction can be done in a safe manner, as is the case with all other arrivals.

okay

you clearly haven't seen the report that the PM is considering stopping the exemptions and imposing  14 days for all arrivals, including ship crews and aircraft crews, but of course, you just throw out the remark that I am making it up, why I would do such a thing you don't bother to consider.  

Edited by Pilotman
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, ukrules said:

At least he admitted his mistake. Everyone should be subject to quarantine regardless of who they are ow what job they happen to be doing.

The virus doesn't discriminate, neither should the government, they should quarantine either all of them or none of them.

Of course he did. He wants to keep the country locked down. But if I have to explain this then......

All the concerned Thai citizens will now get on their motorbike with no helmet and face becoming one of the 65 daily casualties.  Incidentally this daily death rate is more than the total COVID deaths to date...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Elkski said:

all this  concern by you  farang about the poor Thai people.   so charming.    Thailand did fine before 40 million  tourists.  I have not read of anyone starving to death.  I have heard rumors of a few suicides.    I wish I was in Thailand  now.  but I'm doing ok here in USA.  I'm hunkered down  pretty good.   I bought N95 masks in early February  because I read real news and I returned via Shanghai Jan 21. 

I think there is a different motive for you  expats.   I think your not enjoying drinking alone.  

Yes most of the COVID denying expats are those who want the girls and the bar scene to open. Same guys who fill in fake names when registering when they enter a shopping center. Idiots putting us all to risk. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

Both were exempt from the mandatory 14-day state-supervised quarantine required for returnees.

This was a stupid decision to begin with. These people are some how immune because of status? Should only be travel bubble countries and quarantine. No exceptions until countries get their <deleted> together. Countries like US and Brazil should banned outright regards of who they are.

1 minute ago, robblok said:

Yes most of the COVID denying expats are those who want the girls and the bar scene to open. Same guys who fill in fake names when registering when they enter a shopping center. Idiots putting us all to risk. 

Doesn't matter what name you put in. Every thing you imput will relate back to the sim you registered with if they really wanted to find your information. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, charmonman said:

So put them in a quarantine hotel near or inside the airport for 24 hours until they get back on the plane.

That what they do now, that is what the PM is thinking of changing, according to the news reports.  

2 minutes ago, AndrewMciver said:

Doesn't matter what name you put in. Every thing you imput will relate back to the sim you registered with if they really wanted to find your information. 

Im talking about the ones using the paper way to sign in. Not people who use the phone website (as I do)

• Like 2

Covid-19 does not care if your Privileged, Wealthy , Poor , Middle Class , What your Color is , What your Race is , What your Creed , Sexual Preference is or your Religion !!!

what Government Official or Medical Professional excludes ANYONE !!! ???

I call this poor Management PERIOD !! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Good decision.

Good move.

Continue to not be all about the money.

Protect Thailand and its people/residents first.

And what happens when the country runs out of money I know print some more and hope for the best 

• Thanks 1

Just now, crazykopite said:

And what happens when the country runs out of money I know print some more and hope for the best 

Why should they run out of money? They are self sufficient with food and i truly belive Asia is getting out of this crises alot better than the West.

• Like 1