Bucket Drinks...really?

moontang

4 hours ago, n00dle said:

Given that the travellers (gap year) are generally 20 somethings, and that most foreign teenagers in thsiland likely live here, im not sure I see your point.

Unless of course you are being curmudgeonly and teenager encompasses everyone under 30. 

Khao san will soldier on, it does have a local customer base, and eventually borders will open. The question is which businesses will be left standing.

you didn't hear?  28 is the new 17.  IOW, today's 28 year old is mostly involved in doing things Baby Boomers did, when they were 17.  Drinking sloppy drinks out of a bucket would be a good example, but usually it refers to them living in the sunroom  of grandma's double-wide.

Edited by moontang

Here's the winner from last night. Yes multiple straws so good, I used all 4 myself. Of course the table next to me had 6 ladies all sharing the same drink. So tell me now that they are not supposed to do this...oh wait

IMG_20200712_210714_898.jpg

4 hours ago, n00dle said:

Given that the travellers (gap year) are generally 20 somethings, and that most foreign teenagers in thsiland likely live here, im not sure I see your point.

Unless of course you are being curmudgeonly and teenager encompasses everyone under 30. 

Quite a lot of 30 /40/50 + people come to Thailand and reenact their teenage years , or usually, go through their "teenage" years that they missed out on when they were actually of that age 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Of course the table next to me had 6 ladies all sharing the same drink. So tell me now that they are not supposed to do this...oh wait

oh to be a fly on the wall when they all get back to the same loom.

16 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Here's the winner from last night. Yes multiple straws so good, I used all 4 myself. Of course the table next to me had 6 ladies all sharing the same drink. So tell me now that they are not supposed to do this...oh wait

IMG_20200712_210714_898.jpg

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/breaking-news-health-ministry-reports-11-new-covid-19-cases-in-group-who-shared-drinks/

with economic damages in the billions of THB.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/thailand-health-ministry-reports-five-new-coronavirus-cases

Edited by moontang

4 minutes ago, moontang said:

Nice news article from 6 months ago.

How many people are running around in public with the wuflu undetected ?

am sharing a beer with a rental, she does not appear to have the WuFlu and neither do I... how long till we die from the Wuflu ?

Edited by Don Mega
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, moontang said:

It goes without saying that because of the daily No Domestic Covid cases being espoused by this Government, many, and I mean many are not taking this seriously anymore and complacency has crept back in.  Today I headed out to Patpong for lunch and the 2nd Soi PatPong2 was packed with folks sharing lunch and drinks, until the rain rolled in, then it was deep inside they went and were grouped in like sardines in a can without masks on either.  Glad I was at a Japanese place where I could watch the herd of people grouping up, at least the GF and I were socially distanced sitting crisscrossed from each other.  It is good to see some places take it seriously.

• Like 1

The irony will be when those saying "partypooper" and drinking like sloppy pigs are the cause of (another) ban on alcohol.  A ban on public drinking could easily be the next sandal to drop on the party scene, and that would hurt a lot of people economically.

10 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Nice news article from 6 months ago.

How many people are running around in public with the wuflu undetected ?

am sharing a beer with a rental, she does not appear to have the WuFlu and neither do I... how long till we die from the Wuflu ?

Callung it wuflu is just ignorance.

Using the term twice in 2 sentences.

Wuflu. who are you, trump? 

On 7/16/2020 at 5:09 PM, Malawi said:

KSR?  Any clues?

Khao San Rd. Most that have been tourists in LOS know that. It used to be really famous as THE destination for bagpackers when arriving in LOS. There they had cheap lodgings, expensive tourist junk and clothing ( fisherman pants anyone? ), and could spend their days bragging about all the places they'd been while watching VDOs in the many bar/ restaurants while eating banana pancakes. It also had loads of travel agents to sell bus tickets to the islands on the thief special private buses that preyed on the naive that left their money and passports in bags stowed in baggage compartments where the crooks could spend hours breaking open bags and stealing everything valuable.

Buckets! Buckets are an essential part of any bagpacker's "bucket list" to tell their friends back home. "I went to KSR and drank buckets, then I went to the FMP and drank buckets. It was so cool".

KSR had it's day soon as the Bkk trendies moved in. It didn't even have cheap accommodation left before Corona.

If it vanished it wouldn't be missed by most.

15 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Quite a lot of 30 /40/50 + people come to Thailand and reenact their teenage years , or usually, go through their "teenage" years that they missed out on when they were actually of that age 

I must be different to most then. I had no desire when 30/40/50 to drink buckets while dancing to horrid noise and painting myself with glow in the dark, followed by unprotected sex with anyone handy. BTW, I also knew what sex I was.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I must be different to most then. I had no desire when 30/40/50 to drink buckets while dancing to horrid noise and painting myself with glow in the dark, followed by unprotected sex with anyone handy. BTW, I also knew what sex I was.

You are right about the "music.". It is almost unbearable outside and down the street.  As bad as I have ever heard, anywhere.

• Like 1

I used to like this area for the live music.  Not so great when completing with another band next door though ????

I'm older than most of the patronage, but still enjoyed it unique vibe.  And fantastic Pad Thai for only 50bt, price being a novelty too.