14 Day Quarantine on Inter-Provincial Travel

So back when the pandenic was really bad in Thailand there was a 14 day quarantine on interprovincial travel. Not sure if it was every province but certainly in the one we were in (Ubon Ratchathani) at the time.

Is that still going on?

Inter-provincial travel restrictions were lifted on 1 July.

I haven't heard of any new restrictions being put in place since then. If there are, I'm sure it would be in the news and accompanied by links to the source.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kerryd said:

Inter-provincial travel restrictions were lifted on 1 July.

I haven't heard of any new restrictions being put in place since then. If there are, I'm sure it would be in the news and accompanied by links to the source.

Very unlikely there will be, as the government scheme for boosting domestic tourism has just opened for registration and booking can start tomorrow.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, thedemon said:

Last week traveled by vehicle from Bangkok to Ubon, up to Mukdahan, across to Maha Sarakam and back to Bangkok.

Not a single ID check anywhere. Even the hotels didn't care.   

Couple of weeks ago we had a night in hotel down at Laem Sing, not a problem.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sandyf said:

Very unlikely there will be, as the government scheme for boosting domestic tourism has just opened for registration and booking can start tomorrow.

It's up to the Provincial Governors if they want quarantines or not, but not likely since July 1. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Max69xl said:

It's up to the Provincial Governors if they want quarantines or not, but not likely since July 1. 

Of course it is not going to happen, utter chaos if people had to start claiming refunds.

The scheme would be terminated before there was any chance of a quarantine being introduced.

• Like 1

I visited Rayong a few days before the debacle occurred. I went to a beach off to the east of Rayong, but decided to try out the new motorway extension, so on the way to the beach I passed through Rayong city. Tons of traffic lights. On the way back that afternoon, I used the Klaeng - Ban Beung highway, which is much shorter, though there can be a bit of traffic in the industrial area near Ban Beung.

I cautiously waited until July to do this trip just to avoid the possibility of any checkpoints. Indeed there were none.

In light of the Rayong and Bangkok diplomat incidents, one province, Lampang, stated it would consider imposing a self-quarantine for travelers arriving from these provinces but doubt it has happened.

I think the governor of that province has probably been told not to do it, as it would cause panic and affect the economy. Just to be safe though, I won't be going to Lampang until at least next month just in case.

15 hours ago, drbeach said:

I visited Rayong a few days before the debacle occurred. I went to a beach off to the east of Rayong, but decided to try out the new motorway extension, so on the way to the beach I passed through Rayong city. Tons of traffic lights. On the way back that afternoon, I used the Klaeng - Ban Beung highway, which is much shorter, though there can be a bit of traffic in the industrial area near Ban Beung.

I cautiously waited until July to do this trip just to avoid the possibility of any checkpoints. Indeed there were none.

In light of the Rayong and Bangkok diplomat incidents, one province, Lampang, stated it would consider imposing a self-quarantine for travelers arriving from these provinces but doubt it has happened.

I think the governor of that province has probably been told not to do it, as it would cause panic and affect the economy. Just to be safe though, I won't be going to Lampang until at least next month just in case.

I live in Chonburi and we travel to Chantaburi fairly regularly and always use the 344 to Klaeng, easy run, apart from the current roadworks between Chonburi and Ban Beung.

Just had a look on the government website, nearly 100K people have booked to travel since it opened at midnight. I doubt that any provincial governor will be allowed to put that scheme in jeopardy.

I just talked to someone on the Nakorn Chai Air Bus Hotline and they said when you leave Bangkok to go to other provinces there is a quarantine there, but not when you go from other provinces to Bangkok.

She kinda sounded like she didn't know though.

It was just confirmed to me that in our village in Ubon the village chief has been saying since yesterday that you need to quarantine for 14 days when coming from Bangkok or Rayong

4 minutes ago, 2009 said:

It was just confirmed to me that in our village in Ubon the village chief has been saying since yesterday that you need to quarantine for 14 days when coming from Bangkok or Rayong

Judging from your posts, it seems like that is what you want to believe.

21 minutes ago, thedemon said:

Judging from your posts, it seems like that is what you want to believe.

No. I actually have flights booked for a trip with my family. 

We just can't go though if we need to stay there 2 weeks.

Edited by 2009

27 minutes ago, 2009 said:

No. I actually have flights booked for a trip with my family. 

We just can't go though if we need to stay there 2 weeks.

I was in Ubon last week and drove all over the place, including right up to the (closed) border at Chong Mek. There is the odd police check-point but nothing out of the ordinary and only a cursory glance through the window and waved on. A Puyai Baan can't just declare a 14 day quarantine. That has to come from the provincial Governor.

If you are really concerned about it, you might be better off asking for local advice in the Isaan sub-forum.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/forum/32-isaan-forum/