Has anyone noticed slow 3BB Fibre yesterday and today, in Rawai?

Tapster

Yes, same here. I called them Tuesday evening because of this, they reset something and it was ok again. But on Wednesday evening it was the same again, with also some blackouts. I called, they again reset something, and working ok since. 

Since about one month or so I feel it has slowly gotten slower.

On the upside, they are now answering English language on the helpdesk.

@pagallim

Show-off!

Very impressive figures!

The average user in the First World would be extremely jealous.

We are very fortunate with the speeds in Thailand.

However, AIS in Chalong is to 3BB in Rawai, as apples are to oranges, unfortunately.

Thanks for sharing though.

1 hour ago, Tapster said:

@pagallim

Show-off!

Very impressive figures!

The average user in the First World would be extremely jealous.

We are very fortunate with the speeds in Thailand.

However, AIS in Chalong is to 3BB in Rawai, as apples are to oranges, unfortunately.

Thanks for sharing though.

Agreed not particularly relevant in the context of 3BBB, just posted for comparison purposes.

maybe he has been to Rawai as well

Man arrested for stealing more than 90 batteries from mobile network relay boxes

PHUKET: Police have arrested a man for stealing more than 90 batteries from 3BB mobile network transmitter boxes in the Kamala area in a spate of thefts dating

https://www.thephuketnews.com/man-arrested-for-stealing-more-than-90-batteries-from-mobile-network-relay-boxes-76710.php?fbclid=IwAR33Z2hwA-40GaZb_gd5Pkg31HilRZFOTvG9dpqn7Uo5AX86Giurc0V17Sw

• Haha 1

Still not great today, but certainly usable.

The very helpful, English-speaking helpline guy has taken my phone number and will keep me updated, he says.

I also learned that good old 3BB have upgraded my 200/100 to the new GIGA Fiber 1000/500 service, at no extra charge. That is very good customer service! Let's hope they can now come up with the correct speed.

????

image.png.d18500705feafdfbba5644a6cf164a82.png

My TOT has gone out for half hour, each morning for the past week. Guessing/hoping they are working on improvements? It's my understanding all the companies lease from one or the other. Or, I could be completely wrong. 

Pin on Quotes & Thoughts

• Haha 1

@Shot

I'm sure they must share most of the hardware. You couldn't have every ISP installing separate routers, exchanges, etc.

Having said that, if 3BB is slow and AIS is fast, on the same hardware, there must be some difference in the configuration of the different ISPs. Clearly, I don't know as much about this as I'd like to!

3BB say that a local technician will check my service tomorrow, so ... fingers crossed!

The 3BB men came today and checked everything out.

They spoke good English and left me a local phone number to call if I had further problems. That's good service!

As often happens, the main issue had sorted itself out before they came!! The wireless speed at my PC (5G, and 10m and two walls away from my router) was back to an acceptable (for my usage) 150/50.

The wireless speed at my router was 390/200.

The LAN speed, straight from the 3BB fibre router, was over 900 Mbps down.

When I had checked the LAN speed yesterday, I used my laptop which I forgot only had a 100 Mbps network card, not Gigabit!!

Thus, I got a speed of 97/95.

Duh!
Stupid me!!

My obvious solution is to use wired LAN all the way to my PC, then Gigabit speeds would be mine!

Still, the problem that made me originally start this thread, had disappeared on its own, which is good in a way, but quite annoying and confusing, as I don't know what caused it.

10 minutes ago, Tapster said:

Da - daaa!

You can't beat hardwired LAN!!

image.png.59fa823876b45679bee80426cb247f92.png

Viber, Not to bad either ????

It's not international speed but still good.

676205478_downloadtest.JPG.217671a86091b7143ea4d5a620e84961.jpg

Edited by merijn