Thai Surgeons Successfully Perform First Living-Donor Liver Transplant

rooster59

Thai Surgeons Successfully Perform First Living-Donor Liver Transplant

1594988035318.jpg

CHIANG MAI, July 17 (TNA) -  A Thai man has become the country’s first patient to receive liver from a living organ donor, who is his own daughter.

Boonyuen Meemana, a resident of the northern Lampang province, suffered liver cancer and had no other choice of treatment.  The medical team of Chiang Mai University successfully transplanted the liver to Boonyuen four months ago.

1594988035334.jpg

In the transplant surgery, the surgical team removed part of the liver of Boonyuen’s daughter, Salinee Chang-ngern, and transplanted it into the patient using telescopes.

Full story: https://www.mcot.net/viewtna/5f1196d3e3f8e40af1464b83

tnalogo.jpg

-- © Copyright TNA 2020-07-18

30 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Surgical  telescopes   are a  real thing. But I think in translation maybe the  wrong word was  used for endoscope in this procedure.

Actually, the word you want is laparoscope. It is the technical term for what is also known as keyhole surgery. Been in use since 1910 on animals and humans for decades. Endoscopy is very similar, though.

http://www.differencebetween.net/science/health/difference-between-endoscopy-and-laparoscopy-2/

EDIT: Kudos to the doctors. ????

Edited by GalaxyMan
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Surgical  telescopes   are a  real thing. But I think in translation maybe the  wrong word was  used for endoscope in this procedure.

U think I didnt know that? Tell u what next time you need an endoscopy, Ben, ask them to try the telescope????