Is It Possible to Get a new Non-Immigrant "B" Visa at Pathumthani Immigration ?

A friend of mine is close to getting a job offer in Pathumthani. He is currently working on a Non-Immigrant "B" visa extension in another province. Has anyone in a similar situation been able to obtain a new "Non-B" at Pathumthani Immigration, without having to travel outside Thailand ? This question is with specific reference to Pathumthani. If your experience is from another province, please indicate that.

It is not possible to apply for a new non immigrant visa of any kind it you have one already. The application can only be done at immigration if you have visa exempt or tourist visa entry.

With a existing 90 day entry from a non-b visa it is possible to apply at different employer and in a different province for a extension of stay based upon working.

Or if you entered on a non-b visa and have gotten a extension of stay based upon working issued by immigration and want to change employers.

Yes, thank you. I've seen a lot of self-serving posts on other discussion groups saying that it should/must/will soon be possible to obtain a new Non-immigrant "B" visa without having to leave the country. But, I don't recall seeing a post from anyone who has actually done it.