Remaining School Holiday Periods for 2020

Anyone have the dates for the remaining school holidays for 2020 ?

I know there are some in October and then they break again in March sometime, but to have concrete dates would be a gas.

Thanks in advance.

You really need to be more clear, it's not a case of one size fits all. Depends if private, gov, or international schools.

Mine go to private and usually are off all October, but heard that may be scrapped this year or maybe just 1 week holiday, but I'm not holding my breath..

• Thanks 1

I know some private schools will not have a break in October.   Students will attend for most of the month.  If they will get a break it will be only a few days.

• Thanks 1

On 7/20/2020 at 5:51 PM, Keyser Soze666 said:

You really need to be more clear, it's not a case of one size fits all. Depends if private, gov, or international schools.

Mine go to private and usually are off all October, but heard that may be scrapped this year or maybe just 1 week holiday, but I'm not holding my breath..

They are split into two schools, two go to a private and two now go to a public.

I was under the impression the private was closing for three weeks in October but the kids had to do 9 days within that time, whatever that means, e.g. lost time, as for the public I just heard no break, great !

Just ask the admin when you take your children to school. No one knows your school or their holiday schedule so impossible for anyone to say anything other than the admin. My sons school sent out a calendar a day before they started back showing all of their holidays, exam schedules, etc. so yours should really have done the same thing.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Falcon said:

Just ask the admin when you take your children to school. No one knows your school or their holiday schedule so impossible for anyone to say anything other than the admin. My sons school sent out a calendar a day before they started back showing all of their holidays, exam schedules, etc. so yours should really have done the same thing.

Unfortunately the left doesn't know that the right is doing, it's usually lastminute.com with them, hence the reason I asked on TVF, otherwise that would be too easy.

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Unfortunately the left doesn't know that the right is doing, it's usually lastminute.com with them, hence the reason I asked on TVF, otherwise that would be too easy.

Lastminute.com is about right. When my kid went to state school sometimes he'd arrive home and say "no school tomorrow, we're on holiday." "How long?" I'd ask. "They never said" was the honest reply. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

They are split into two schools, two go to a private and two now go to a public.

I was under the impression the private was closing for three weeks in October but the kids had to do 9 days within that time, whatever that means, e.g. lost time, as for the public I just heard no break, great !

I think with private schools they can decide themselves? Like I say initially our school said no October break, but I fancy that may have changed now. I suppose I should ask, but doubt I will get a straight answer.

• Thanks 1

On 7/20/2020 at 7:28 PM, Scott said:

I know some private schools will not have a break in October.   Students will attend for most of the month.  If they will get a break it will be only a few days.

Hopefully you're right, would be nice not to have the blighters at home for a month ????

• 1 month later...

I'm at a government school in Bangkok and the last info given was that term 1 finals are from 2 Nov. to 13 Nov. which would indicate no Oct break. Someone mentioned there may be a 15 day break following finals but, unless that will not include the Thai teachers I don't see it happening. Scores need to be entered into BookMark (Thai grading app) and reports generated for students and parents and that takes a week after all the grading is completed.

As for remaining holidays in 2020 there's Loy Kratong in Nov., Father's Day and Constitution Day in Dec.

Would be interested in seeing the government approved schedule for this academic year if anyone has a link of a copy. :wai:

8 minutes ago, mrwebb8825 said:

As for remaining holidays in 2020 there's Loy Kratong in Nov., Father's Day and Constitution Day in Dec.

:wai:

Not quite.

There is this 4 day holiday early September.

Then there are 2 short holidays in October.

Loy Kratong is not a public holiday.

Then there are a few holidays in the first 10 days of December.

1 hour ago, Brunolem said:

Not quite.

There is this 4 day holiday early September.

Then there are 2 short holidays in October.

Loy Kratong is not a public holiday.

Then there are a few holidays in the first 10 days of December.

are the sept/oct holidays public, government or religious?

Loy Kratong is about as public as you can get. Usually celebrated in the evening with friends and family, most government schools spend class time making Kratongs and having a parade so, yes, school is open but not much studying gets done.

the "first few days of Dec" ARE Father's Day (the 5th) and Constitution Day (the 10th)

Edited by mrwebb8825

2 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

are the sept/oct holidays public, government or religious?

Loy Kratong is about as public as you can get.

In September the government has given back 2 days "lost" when Songkran was cancelled. 

October has the 13th (King death) and 23rd (religious). 

Loy Kratong is not a holiday... everyone goes to work as usual... the celebrations are in the evening. 

29 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

In September the government has given back 2 days "lost" when Songkran was cancelled. 

October has the 13th (King death) and 23rd (religious). 

Loy Kratong is not a holiday... everyone goes to work as usual... the celebrations are in the evening. 

Thank you-I had forgotten the anniversary of the death of Rama IX

Someone just told me about sept 4-7 - the wife usually tells me about replacement holidays but she's been really busy with work lately. I'll also ask her about the 23rd of Oct.

• 3 months later...

Normally it`s a lot more, but as opposed to the Scandinavians, the Thais don`t have a lot of holidays in December. I don`t know if the the last kings birthdays is still celebrated. I would think not. Otherwise it would have been too many of them. We can`t complain, in June and May we just have to many of them. Because we can afford it. Any Thais with a strong back and tenacity for work, you are welkome in Norway. And if you choose Svalbard, like a lot of Thai woman, massaging those sore muscle of the russians, you can make a <deleted>load of money. But remember, you have to get your own house! Kind of important when the grades goes down to 50 degrees Cescius in the winter. Nobody`s there to help you!