Racism

singking

2 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

My wife is 22 yrs younger than me ,been married 21 yrs ,together 2 yrs before that ,she was and has been in business here and when we lived in the Uk ,we have a son ,when she worked she contributed to the household , so it wasnt just the money she was after ,we still have a great relationship ,laugh and joke ,moan ocassionally,  not all Thai women are just looking for a money tree. i think some actually marry for love ,just like most women.

yes, I have both seen and experienced the same... I am 20 yrs difference and 20 yrs together w/my wife... as are many of my friends... that was why I said "some" - - I don't see anything wrong with any type of relationship between consenting adults... 

• Like 1

first and foremost people in thailand should realise they,re just guests,no ones forcing you to stay and you can be told to leave any time the thai authorities want to change the rules,its their country at the end of the day.however one thing gets right up my grommet is the behaviour of some of my fellow countryman ex pats,the white knights who think they,re a cut above the traveller who comes here for a couple of months a year,all i can say is what a shame we ( fa4angs ) don,t  stick together like the thais do.

7 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

Do you think every single person that has ever moved to Thailand has had a positive experience?

Do your assumptions matter?

In 1977, a fellow Peace Corps volunteer in my group was sent back quickly.  Hot Hispanic gal who liked to party and wear short shorts.  She brought an expensive Nakamichi stereo system to play tunes.  The brass figured she would come to a bad end.  Knockdown, but necessary back then (and now?). 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, alyx said:

You meant mow your loan ????

Indeed.  I jut informed the bro-in-law that the 40,000 baht I "loaned" to him and his wife for the US citizenship application was a gift since they made it.  They are going to get chapped lips kissing my rear end if I know them. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Shot said:

Lots of coffin dodgers in here, more worried about their blue pill script running out, or where their 30 something younger bride is spending their money. “Where are my knee high black socks, and where are my teeth?” Plus, you have the crowd that thinks hooking a bar girl is somehow reflective on their manhood, they can’t seem to remember its just another hooker. 

Bwahahaahaaaa !!!!

the grandpa forum 

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

Indeed.  I jut informed the bro-in-law that the 40,000 baht I "loaned" to him and his wife for the US citizenship application was a gift since they made it.  They are going to get chapped lips kissing my rear end if I know them. 

That is a great thing you did!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

I left with my wife in mid-1980.  Always thought I'd come back for a nice retirement.  Not so sure I could tolerate it now, despite having adequate funds and owning a nice little house in Loei and having many relatives.

I have 6 of my wife's siblings here in the USA that we imported about 8 years ago.  It took 10 years before that to do it legally. Four are now citizens and two more will be soon.  They do not seem to want to go back, except to party with old friends and relatives.  OK.

Being the oldest of the clan, I get Wais when they come over to mow my lawn, rake leaves and fix my car for free.  Or loan them money.  :cheesy: 

what a wonderful return on the investment of your lives savings it must be to be wai,ed when you loan them money.p.s do you ever get it back?

10 hours ago, Shot said:

Lots of coffin dodgers in here, more worried about their blue pill script running out, or where their 30 something younger bride is spending their money. “Where are my knee high black socks, and where are my teeth?” Plus, you have the crowd that thinks hooking a bar girl is somehow reflective on their manhood, they can’t seem to remember its just another hooker. 

It's all pink on the inside don't you know.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And I am sure they drive the way they do because that is what they learned

Many are  plain selfish, pushing to queue fronts using the straight on lane to go right as theres a queue in it, double  parking  as they are  too lazy to walk a metre,

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bodga said:

A lot of the good  posters  have either left or been banned which TV no  longer show as  banned members so you  never  know if you message them, Bendix, Guesthouse et  al, always  good  posts.

This 100%. I came back here after being away and think I will be gone again.

I've interacted with Chinese citizens and ethnic Chinese all over the world.  I've spent a fair bit of time in Hong Kong as well as some time in Taipei and Macao.  But I've only been to the China mainland once.  Despite all the bad things their fellow ethnic Chinese (and some foreigners) say about them, the only unpleasant mainland-born Chinese person I've ever encountered is Traubert.  ????

21 minutes ago, bodga said:
11 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And I am sure they drive the way they do because that is what they learned

Many are  plain selfish, pushing to queue fronts using the straight on lane to go right as theres a queue in it, double  parking  as they are  too lazy to walk a metre,

And why do you think Thais do that and why do you do other nationalities don't do it?

If I would drive "back home" the way many Thais drive here the police would stop me all the time. It would be expensive and probably it wouldn't take long before they would take my license. 

And because I started with the police in control I learned how to drive properly. And obviously it helped that most other drivers also behaved.

I am sure Thais would learn how to drive properly very fast if the police would enforce the laws. But the Thai police is even too lazy to stop all the bikes (or even just one) who deliberately ignore the red light on many major junctions. How can we expect that they drive according to the laws if nobody enforces them?

11 hours ago, YetAnother said:

<SNIP> thais can't list one legitimate, solid reason for their xenophobia and racism against us; 

Having a large extended Thai family, providing legal services, to Westerners in Pattaya I can assume you ate totally incorrect

There are multiple answers to your question. Number one. As we get older, we do not automatically become better versions of ourselves. So, unless we are making a real effort, or doing some sincere inner work, we tend to become grumpier and less fun to be around. Some of that is reflected here. 

Second, no matter where we move to, our selves follow. Greener horizons are fine, but we have to adapt to them. 

Third, it is all about perspective. Some just love to moan. Personally, I love most Thais. I find most friendly, warm, light hearted, humorous and pleasant. And I find the quality of life here to be fine. Infinitely better than back in the US, unless you are quite wealthy, and even then, you would still have to put up with the Zombie apocalypse, the sour and bitter attitudes, women who prefer to oppress their femininity, an overly PC culture, out of control inflation, and alot of other nonsense. Not fun! 

As far as the racism goes, I know alot of guys who are married to Thai women, and genuinely seem to dislike the Thai people. If you figure that one out, let me know. 

1 minute ago, rob63 said:

What do you actually think international law is? It's a set of rules prescribed by the country with the strongest military. China has the strongest military, so it now makes the rules instead of USA. Learn to live with it!

Maybe they will take your country next! Live with it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1