Second Hand Parts

I've heard of folk cleaning headlamps with toothpaste. I clean ours with a buffing pad in an electric polisher using fine polishing compound. I guess a little polishing mop in an electric drill could do the same job.

What I mean to go try out on my Suzuki Carry as well as our Vios is something my clever wife found on LINE. It's called Haiter and it was recommended to use it to clean deep mould stains off our UPVC Bathroom door. I'd previously found only AAA thinner worked but it is expensive and stinky whereas Haiter is only a few baht and my goodness it works brilliantly. BUT you must wash it off after a minute or so because it then stains UPVC yellow. Also - wear gloves because this thing bites through skin like an acid!

• Like 1

Sand it with 1500/2000 wet and dry. Polish that out with a scratch remover or a cutting compound. That should be enough. If not, hit it with polish. That will make the lens clear. I did that on my honda civic and it was fine. You can also buy new headlights for 4000-6000 baht, but it's not really worth it on an older car, unles you are doing a full restoration. I did eventaully get new headlights as one of them had a poor seal and would let water in. 

• Like 1