Nearly one in six Britons would refuse Covid-19 vaccine

Yinn

9 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

if people here think DDT was so good & safe, why most of the world banned it ?

it still is pollution to this day even banned for years/decades

so people will never learn, even with the truth in their face, but ok, the world needs people like that too, sadly

No one said it was good and safe, but it does have uses. Because of its long half life it was an effective mosquito control tool against malaria. Improperly used it became a big problem. Fortunately, house spraying is no longer needed in Thailand, because malaria is isolated to the bamboo forest in border areas.

You need to know more of what you are talking about before you go off half cocked. 

• Like 2

On 7/26/2020 at 4:33 PM, rabas said:

Here is real science from the renowned Lancet journal

Lancet Editor Spills the Beans

'Pharmaceutical Companies are so Financially Powerful They Pressure us to Accept Papers'

https://healthimpactnews.com/2020/editors-of-the-lancet-and-the-new-england-journal-of-medicine-pharmaceutical-companies-are-so-financially-powerful-they-pressure-us-to-accept-papers/

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, 7fish said:

Lancet Editor Spills the Beans

'Pharmaceutical Companies are so Financially Powerful They Pressure us to Accept Papers'

https://healthimpactnews.com/2020/editors-of-the-lancet-and-the-new-england-journal-of-medicine-pharmaceutical-companies-are-so-financially-powerful-they-pressure-us-to-accept-papers/

exactly, they get 1000+ dollars to "publish" this <deleted>

bad outcomes for big pharma "science" does not need to be published

most or all clinical TRIALS are on HEALTHY humans with no chronic diseases as they are excluded (the sick one's)

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, 7fish said:

What if the main players touting vaccines are lying?

For the confused people, the link is to an article stating America’s Frontline Doctors are claiming that simple, effective, inexpensive treatments already exist for the cornholio, that there has been a huge misinformation / propaganda campaign to convince people a new vaccine is needed for 8 billion mostly healthy people, and that thousands of doctors are 'being silenced' regarding these alternative treatments. Now whats so confusing about that?

http://tapnewswire.com/2020/07/nobody-needs-to-die-frontline-doctors-storm-d-c-claiming-thousands-of-doctors-are-being-silenced-on-facts-and-treatments-for-covid/

• Sad 1

The anti vaxxer loons say the covid vaccine poison, etc. 

But

it not invent yet! 

How can you know? Anti everything. For what?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Yinn said:

The anti vaxxer loons say the covid vaccine poison, etc. 

But

it not invent yet! 

How can you know? Anti everything. For what?

Agreed...  But not everything is black and white. 

Not every debate fits perfectly into a ’Yes vs No’ camp the reasons the debate continues is due to the spectrums of opinion while commonly only the most extreme voices are heard. 

I would vaccinate myself and my family with any established vaccine which has been proven effective and safe over the past decades. 

I would have to give extreme consideration to any Covid-19 Vaccine produced within the next two years for the following reasons. 

- Has research been rushed ?

- Has testing been rushed ?

- Is the vaccine made in different countries in different facilities? will corners / costs be cut? 

- Are there any long term effects of the vaccine? - Unknown.

- Does giving a 6 year old a Covid-19 vaccine make sense when a 6 year old is in the low risk group?

- Does giving a 42 year old (wife) and 45 year old (myself) make sense when we are in a relatively low risk group?

- How effective is the vaccine? is it sufficiently effective to offer herd immunity if everyone takes it?

- How effective is a the vaccine? 

The questions are far to many the question too multifaceted to ever respond intelligently to such an over simplified and dumbed down question as... Would you take a Covid-19 vaccine? -

The unknown variables of any ’new' vaccine too great. This is not the same as asking ‘would you eat an apple?’ !!

Generating such a rudimentary questionnaire is clumsy as are many of the black and white responses to the question. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Does giving a 42 year old (wife) and 45 year old (myself) make sense when we are in a relatively low risk group?

You only low risk group for death. Everyone same for infection.

if you infection you asymptotic= spread 

if you care yourself only,selfish  = not necessary 

if you care other people= necessary 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Yinn said:
5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Does giving a 42 year old (wife) and 45 year old (myself) make sense when we are in a relatively low risk group?

You only low risk group for death. Everyone same for infection.

if you infection you asymptotic= spread 

if you care yourself only,selfish  = not necessary 

if you care other people= necessary 

You've dumbed down and isolated a single portion of a multifaceted answer to fit a binary response, take or not take, selfish or not selfish. 

You also deliberately omitted to quote the part of my answer specifically a vaccines potential to contribute towards herd immunity.

The question itself is extremely rudimentary, there are too many factors involved to simply give a yes or no answer - Perhaps the 1 in 6 thought about this whereas 5 in 6 lack critical the critical thought to consider what a vaccine is, how its created, how its tested and how its replicated and distributed. 

IF you want a simple binary answer we need a more intelligent question which removes the variables.  

i.e. IF a Vaccine for Covid-19 can be found, if it is proven to be 100% safe and can be reproduced throughout the world without shortcuts, without cost cutting measures, without replacing various components, adjuvants and preservatives and if it is sufficiently effective to compliment herd immunity, would I take it?  Ans: Of course, I would.

Or to suit your me ‘Tarzan you Jane’ over simplification of anything which requires any degree of fitness or complexity:  Me no selfish, me take if vaccine good. If not sure no want risk family. 

(Note: this is not a criticism of your English, I respect the fact that you are Thai and English a second language, however, it is a criticism of your over simplification and deliberately dumbed down approach to issues which are often complex and to which there is no perfect answer). 

• Like 2

If you want to really know about vaccines and all that goes along with that, here is a great debate between Robert F Kennedy Jr and Alan Dershowitz.  They both bring logic and facts to the debate and they mostly agree on many things.  Robert F Kennedy Jr brings facts on how vaccines are injurying many people, while Deshowitz brings facts on how the government can mandate people to have vaccines if it's for the greater good of society as a Supreme Court case ruled in the US.  

No loons, no hype, no name calling, just a good debate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfnJi7yLKgE

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

You've dumbed down and isolated a single portion of a multifaceted answer to fit a binary response, take or not take, selfish or not selfish. 

You also deliberately omitted to quote the part of my answer specifically a vaccines potential to contribute towards herd immunity.

The question itself is extremely rudimentary, there are too many factors involved to simply give a yes or no answer - Perhaps the 1 in 6 thought about this whereas 5 in 6 lack critical the critical thought to consider what a vaccine is, how its created, how its tested and how its replicated and distributed. 

IF you want a simple binary answer we need a more intelligent question which removes the variables.  

i.e. IF a Vaccine for Covid-19 can be found, if it is proven to be 100% safe and can be reproduced throughout the world without shortcuts, without cost cutting measures, without replacing various components, adjuvants and preservatives and if it is sufficiently effective to compliment herd immunity, would I take it?  Ans: Of course, I would.

Or to suit your me ‘Tarzan you Jane’ over simplification of anything which requires any degree of fitness or complexity:  Me no selfish, me take if vaccine good. If not sure no want risk family. 

(Note: this is not a criticism of your English, I respect the fact that you are Thai and English a second language, however, it is a criticism of your over simplification and deliberately dumbed down approach to issues which are often complex and to which there is no perfect answer). 

This is a good example of Cancel Culture. Write a lot of BS and overwhelm the reader. I can easily read through what you are trying to say, but chose not to because of your ignorant, selfish, and arrogant attitude. 

All medicines carry some risks and benefits as does driving your scooter in Pattaya. It's not only about you, but about breaking the transmission cycle in the herd. If you don't want to do your part then you should be isolated with you kind, but not at the state's expense. 

2 hours ago, steelepulse said:

If you want to really know about vaccines and all that goes along with that, here is a great debate between Robert F Kennedy Jr and Alan Dershowitz.  They both bring logic and facts to the debate and they mostly agree on many things.  Robert F Kennedy Jr brings facts on how vaccines are injurying many people, while Deshowitz brings facts on how the government can mandate people to have vaccines if it's for the greater good of society as a Supreme Court case ruled in the US.  

I don't believe RFK Jr has any expertise in Medicine. If so what are his qualifications? Alan Dershowitz is recognized as a constitutional law expert. 

3 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

I don't believe RFK Jr has any expertise in Medicine. If so what are his qualifications? Alan Dershowitz is recognized as a constitutional law expert. 

Why don't you watch before popping off with your remarks.  Get back to me once you have watched the video.  Otherwise, your comments are worthless in regards to this debate.

BTW, RFK Jr has been in the forefront of what this debate is about for a number of decades, and Dershowitz is talking about constitutional law and how the US gov't can madate vaccines.

Feel free to educate yourself by watching as obviously you have a genuine bias with no knowledge to back up what is debated on.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

@Yinn not xenophobic, Yinn simply plain stupid.

Everybody not listen wisdom Yinn clipped from newspaper is idiot.

And dangerous idiot not welcome in Thailand, can sell fish in home-country. ????

2 hours ago, steelepulse said:

ah, Robert F. Kennedy Jr.—one of the most high profile proponents of the debunked theory that vaccines cause autism. I'm sure there's no bias in this video at all. Even his own family have denounced him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peter Denis said:

And dangerous idiot not welcome in Thailand, can sell fish in home-country. ????

Don't compare her to yourself. Selling fish is a noble profession reserved for nobles from the isles.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Thailand ranks first among the countries with the highest COVID-19 recovery index, according to a report issued by the Global COVID-19 Index (GCI).

The GCI report, published on 28 July 2020, gave Thailand an index score of 82.06 from 100 points, putting it on top of the countries that have made the most progress in curtailing the spread of the pandemic and can be used as examples of best practices.

Link

https://www.thailand-business-news.com/health/80125-thailand-ranks-first-in-the-global-covid-19-recovery-index.html

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Thailand ranks first among the countries with the highest COVID-19 recovery index, according to a report issued by the Global COVID-19 Index (GCI).

The GCI report, published on 28 July 2020, gave Thailand an index score of 82.06 from 100 points, putting it on top of the countries that have made the most progress in curtailing the spread of the pandemic and can be used as examples of best practices.

Link

https://www.thailand-business-news.com/health/80125-thailand-ranks-first-in-the-global-covid-19-recovery-index.html

Well, that's now two "firsts"...............

5 hours ago, checkered flag said:

This is a good example of Cancel Culture. Write a lot of BS and overwhelm the reader. I can easily read through what you are trying to say, but chose not to because of your ignorant, selfish, and arrogant attitude. 

All medicines carry some risks and benefits as does driving your scooter in Pattaya. It's not only about you, but about breaking the transmission cycle in the herd. If you don't want to do your part then you should be isolated with you kind, but not at the state's expense. 

OK, you too have minimised the issue to avoid addressing many of the potential risks.

I’ll ask this question: IF a vaccine were available in Thailand next week, would you take it? would you give it to your children?

I’ll use your scooter analogy: established vaccines are like riding scooters on quiet country roads on a summers day, untested vaccines and unproven vaccines rushed through production increase the element of risk and the unknown, like riding a scooter on icy roads with speeding traffic.

If you believe the risks of taking a new Covid-19 vaccine are the same as vaccines which have been developed and established over the past 20 years or so, i.e. Influenza Vaccines, Measles Vaccines etc then you also are dumbing down the answer to a binary response. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Yinn said:

Link

Yes, Thailand has done extremely well at curtailing the spread of Covid-19. From a singular perspective that aspect of Thailand’s response has been great while other countries (i.e. UK) locked down, but in such a soft manner it was only partially effective and a little too late. 

Note Thailand locked down after the UK, but encountered its first case before the UK. 

Thailand’s escape seems miraculous.

Thailand’s continued lockdown comes at what cost?

I think it's a bit early to celebrate Thailands success, the economic impact could cost more lives than the lockdown has saved. 

- 8.4 million are estimated to be at risk of job loss

- 2.5 million in the tourism sector

- 1.5 million in the industrial sector

- 4.4 million in other parts of the service sector

The Thai tourism sector employs some 3.9 million people, while the industrial sector employs about 5.9 million workers.

Reports suggest that domestic violence doubled since the onset of the Covid-19 lockdowns (not isolated to Thailand). 

Kalin Sarasin, chairman of the Thai Chamber of Commerce

Estimates 25% unemployment in Thailand. 

This is most definitely not over. While ‘some’ are celebrating Thailand’s success, other have grave concerns for its future. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/24/2020 at 6:46 PM, robblok said:

Yes I am ok with everyone taking it if they want to come to Thailand. By not having enough people take it its worthless. Free ride people should then not be allowed into Thailand. Whatever others decide in other countries is their choice (or that of the government). 

I am Thankful that they have a strong government in Thailand and that there is a high likelihood that they will make it mandatory. 

Those that won't take it risk others let them pay for their selfish attitude. 

You apparently miss the point that a rushed vaccine is not necessarily safe. If you wish to take an unproven vaccine and risk your health that is your choice. Many disagree with you.

They, of course, have the right to require farangs that wish to visit LOS take the vaccine. In that case if I don't want to take it I won't visit LOS.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2020 at 11:50 AM, CorpusChristie said:

There have been various outbreaks of Polio over the years , thus cases rise and fall per year.

Polio cases were falling in the few years before the vaccine was introduced  , but the vaccine stopped any further outbreaks (once everyone had their vaccines )

'More current polio cases have been caused by vaccines than the wild virus':    WHO report

https://nationalpost.com/health/more-polio-cases-currently-caused-by-vaccines-than-the-wild-virus-who-report

They are now giving polio vaccines to treat the strains introduced by other polio vaccines.

'There are now more people who have contracted polio through vaccines than the wild virus itself.'

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, 7fish said:

'More current polio cases have been caused by vaccines than the wild virus':    WHO report

https://nationalpost.com/health/more-polio-cases-currently-caused-by-vaccines-than-the-wild-virus-who-report

They are now giving polio vaccines to treat the strains introduced by other polio vaccines.

'There are now more people who have contracted polio through vaccines than the wild virus itself.'

157 people have caught polio from the vaccines , but how many people have NOT caught polio from the vaccines ?

How many people would have caught polio had they not taken the vaccines ?

• Like 2

On 7/30/2020 at 8:14 AM, Yinn said:

Link

Yes, unfortunately the "Global Covid-19 Index" is not from the WHO or any other global health organisation. It was merely produced by Pemandu Associates, a Malayasian consulting and PR firm which works with the Malaysian government. They just put in death figures and case figures published by countries. Obviously if the country in question, puts in rubbish figures about cases and deaths, because it not tested 99% of its population then the Index also will give rubbish results.

This Malaysian PR index is worthless, I'm afraid.

Edited by Logosone
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, CorpusChristie said:

157 people have caught polio from the vaccines , but how many people have NOT caught polio from the vaccines ?

How many people would have caught polio had they not taken the vaccines ?

hahaha, that is a good question... in what country...

what if you have to vaccinate 1.000.000 people at expense of let's say 50$

and you eventually "save" 5 or 50 or 500, nobody knows

but you damage 157, for sure, for live

hygiene & sewer system, but everybody thinks whatever they want

there "seem" to be a correlation (blabla, not causation, right) with DDT use ...

Human health effects from DDT at low environmental doses are unknown. Following exposure to high doses, human symptoms can include vomiting, tremors or shakiness, and seizures. Laboratory animal studies showed effects on the liver and reproduction. DDT is considered a possible human carcinogen.

In experimental animals, such as mice, rats, and dogs, DDT has shown to cause chronic effects on the nervous system, liver, kidneys, and immune system. ... DDT is very insoluble in water and very persistent in the environment, making it a highly polluting hazard.

Does DDT cause polio?
As part of a trivia series on polio, Aufderheide cites several studies showing that the widespread use of chemical pesticides such as dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane, or DDT, and heptachlor following World War II, actual exacerbated viral disease outbreaks across the United States.

What really caused polio?
Polio is caused by the poliovirus. The virus enters the body through the mouth. It is spread through contact with the feces (stool) of an infected person or through exposure to phlegm or mucus when an infected person coughs or sneezes.

AGAIN:  hygiene & sewer system

in countries where people still s..... in the streets, open sewer system, dirty water, no soap

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

AGAIN:  hygiene & sewer system

in countries where people still s..... in the streets, open sewer system, dirty water, no soap

Afghanistan and Pakistan ?

There are Countries that are just as squalid and dirty as those two Countries and they dont have any polio due to vaccinations 

19 hours ago, Logosone said:

Yes, unfortunately the "Global Covid-19 Index" is not from the WHO

Long time ago WHO praised Thailand. You forget?

The World Health Organization’s representative in Thailand has praised Thailand for its ability, to date, to contain the spread of COVID-19 and for being the first country, outside China, to identify a coronavirus as the cause.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/who-praises-thailand-for-its-efforts-to-contain-covid-19/

WHO lauds Thailand for good healthcare system

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30385972

and again...

WHO praises Thailand's village health volunteers as unsung heroes during COVID-19 situation

http://www.aseanthai.net/english/ewt_news.php?nid=3270&filename=index

have everybody praised Thailand already 

Thailand has now gone more than a month without a case of community transmission and both countries say they will continue to work together and strengthen their trading ties

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/thailand-praised-by-china-for-successful-suppression-of-covid-19

UN Praises Thailand’s Management of COVID-19 Threat

https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG200617131619377

https://www.tatnews.org/2020/05/tat-update-indian-pm-praises-thailand-for-strong-covid-19-surveillance-and-control-efforts/

Everybody except some anti mask loons. Thousands die in your country, you criticize Thailand for 58 deaths. 

Look yourself.