Nearly one in six Britons would refuse Covid-19 vaccine

Yinn

14 hours ago, innosiem said:

1. who tests vaccines to ensure they are safe ?
2. who profits from vaccines being pushed to everyone ?
3. who is liable, if the vaccine causes damage to the body or even death ?

i know a few of you are a bit lazy to do research so here are the answers

1. the vaccine manufacturer (there is no independent testing on vaccines)
2. the manufacturer (obviously)
3. nobody (vaccines manufacturers are immune)

until someone is accountable should the vax do damage
i will pass

I think he's afraid of needles and or small sacrifices for society. I think if I coined a term for that it would be blocked. Can I just call him a pussy then?

Edited by checkered flag
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Absolutely correct. 
My last vaccination was when I was 12 years old (not old enough to decide for myself), and last antibiotic cure approx 17 years old (same story). 

From Age of Reason I shunned allopathic medicine and its corresponding world view that considers illness as the Enemy and were 'treatment' is limited to attacking the symptoms (which they often incorrectly label as 'causes').

Now 50 years later, feeling very well with no chronic illnesses or the like, and obviously never taking meds and avoiding unhealthy food or polluted places.

Yes, I am a 'chancer' not by accident but by making the correct choices.

OK > and now I will get the Full Load of all the would-be scientists and their parrots.

But you down upteen pints of beer to keep your mind sharp. Yea!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, drbeach said:

Everyone dies one day. No matter how healthy they might have been in the past. The key is to maintain health as long as you can and hopefully live to a ripe old age.

You will die, but no need to take others with you. I bet you also complain about wearing a mask, social distancing and hand sanitizers. Oh yes, you favorite bar is closed. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, drbeach said:

Yinn is a xenophobic troll, but she also lacks logic and common sense because extreme prejudice, xenophobia and racism guide her every post. She's this forum's equivalent of the "Suthin" character over on the Bangkok Post Comments section. That guy is so bad he's now advocating violence and genocide against foreigners, particularly farang. The Bangkok Post doesn't appear to censor comments but you can flag suspect ones, which are often removed afterwards if they breach posting guidelines.

You're totally right in your response, but let me add a few more thoughts of my own:

The Thai government has no interest in making vax mandatory only for foreigners. That's completely delusional conjecture on her part. Never going to happen because it would be unenforceable and shooting themselves in the foot. It wouldn't make any sense whatsoever, especially since all governments are about "herd immunity" and you can't have herd immunity when only the 1% of the population which is foreigners (or let's say 5% including foreign migrant workers) are vaccinated and have the remaining Thai population (95% of the total population) remaining unvaxxed. It's the other way round, 80-95% of the population would need to be vaxxed, though some MSM articles have mentioned 60-67% in relation to covid. Either way, more than half the population.

Quite obviously IF a vaccine mandate were to come into play in Thailand in the future, it would apply to Thai citizens only. Thanks to the 30 Baht healthcare scheme, Thais would likely receive it for free and foreigners would probably have to pay 1000 Baht for it if they want it. That said, they might impose a vaccine requirement to catch a flight to Thailand, but that would likely happen only if all countries are obliged to follow the WHO's guidelines. No country would impose a unilateral vaccine requirement for entering their country in the absence of guidelines/recommendations from a higher global authority.

Still, as has been the case so far in countries around the world - the only way of making vaccines "mandatory" is by requiring them to participate in certain aspects of society.

No country in the world can or will impose vaccines on people who live out in the forest or countryside or sit at home all day and have no interaction with the outside world.

Instead, they might impose vaccine requirements on school children, as many countries do. You can opt out by not enrolling your children in school although that's not an option in some countries where homeschooling is illegal (such as Sweden, Germany, China and Hungary). Of these 4 countries, 2 currently have mandatory vaccines and one is pending (Germany, for the MMR). Sweden has previously stated it will not impose mandatory vaccines.

First. Citing the WHO as a source is stupid, they have zero credibility as far as C19. Second, when you leave I hope you don't continue talking trash for others to read, unless you are just trolling.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, nkg said:

Trust The Guardian to run with a clickbait headline.

"70% of people say they will definitely take a vaccine, and a further 15% say they are likely to" is the alternative headline, but that wouldn't stir up quite so much outrage ..... ????

This rest should be in strict quarantine.

13 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The point made was to highlight the flaw in your argument - it served its purpose. 

there was no flaw in the argument, just in your reading
as you try to twist my words in your in your continuous attempt to justify your paranoia 

A ridiculous statement - vaccines work in aggregate.

to make it easier for you
substitute "100%" for "unequivocal"

"if some is vaxxed and gets the flu, it is unequivocal that the vax was ineffective"

now i have explained slowly twice for you

You mean... its 40% ineffective - you are repeating what others have said.

i am not repeating anyone's words, others may have stated the same
but 40-60% whther you claim effective or i state ineffective
is rounded to 50/50 at best
so vax at best only have 50/50 chance of being effective????‍♂️

Could it be that Influenza numbers are down do the lockdown?

if you actually done any research before just arguing 
you will see this year Flu numbers started dropping from week 6 (Mid-Feb)
there was also a little dip in week 3, but they went into free fall at week 8
all this before lockdowns
when did c19 numbers start going up ?

remember when gov's said lockdowns would only be for 30 days,
and all those crazy conspiracy theorists said gov's would make ways to extend the lockdowns and bring in illogical control measures
bet they all feel silly now.......oh wait????‍♂️

38 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

It's not about you or your ego. It's about the overall good for society. You sound very selfish and only think about your little self. You don't count for much and wont be missed IMO. 

your words clearly show
you only care about people that do what you want them to do

if people do not prioritize your fear, then they are selfish?.......????

newsflash: you wont be missed either, as the world turns

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

One light beer every evening, and yes my mind is still sharp as a razor.

You certainly didn't prove your mental capacity here. Sharp as a ....

Maybe it's what you drink in the morning and/or afternoon before you pass out. 555

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Why Me said:

I read it. You held up VICP compensations as evidence of injury. Which I established was nonsense statistically.

As for vaccine manufacturers and oversight agencies being liable for such things as skirted regulations, data fraud, etc., come on, use your brains, Tea. Or at least google. Here you go for a local ruling from

https://www.policymed.com/2014/02/lance-vs-wyeth-pa-supreme-court-pharmaceutical-companies-can-be-sued-for-lack-of-due-care-by-introducing-dangerous.html

Recently, The Pennsylvania Supreme Court ruled that pharmaceutical companies can be held liable for negligence in the design and marketing of drugs, despite the drug’s approval by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

Now, Tea, I want you to video yourself on your knees begging forgiveness for being a dingbat and promising to be a better person in future. Post here.

42 U.S. Code § 300aa–22.Standards of responsibility

No vaccine manufacturer shall be liable in a civil action for damages arising from a vaccine-related injury or death associated with the administration of a vaccine after October 1, 1988, if the injury or death resulted from side effects that were unavoidable even though the vaccine was properly prepared and was accompanied by proper directions and warnings.

No vaccine manufacturer shall be liable in a civil action for damages arising from a vaccine-related injury or death associated with the administration of a vaccine after October 1, 1988, solely due to the manufacturer’s failure to provide direct warnings to the injured party (or the injured party’s legal representative) of the potential dangers resulting from the administration of the vaccine manufactured by the manufacturer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

This rest should be in strict quarantine.

That means 15% of UK population (yes, approx 1 in 6) in strict quarantaine.

Mr Tough now ranting about these 'nutters'.  Many of them have very real and genuine reasons for not willing to go the mandatory vaccination road.  And won't deny you the right to opt for your shot.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, innosiem said:

your words clearly show
you only care about people that do what you want them to do

if people do not prioritize your fear, then they are selfish?.......????

newsflash: you wont be missed either, as the world turns

But, I'll get vaccinated and won't willingly pass it on to others. This thread is about the selfishness of 1 in 6 Brits not willing to help mankind eliminate this disease. In Thailand it wont be an issue because Thais believe in doing the right thing for society. Foreigners who refuse without valid medical reason will be asked /told to leave IMO. So if you don't want a vaccination when available by a ticket home.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, innosiem said:

says the xenophobic racist, who will not answer simple questions about their own comments????‍♂️

@Yinn dont expect further replies from me, simply not worth my time or effort????

Oh no. 

Xenophobia, paranoia. 

Now be insomnia. 

I answer you question already. Everybody did. 

You have xenoglossophobia?

Good luck.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

You certainly didn't prove your mental capacity here. Sharp as a ....

Maybe it's what you drink in the morning and/or afternoon before you pass out. 555

Was just responding to your suggestion that I am a boozing loony.

No need to prove my mental capacity to a troll.

• Like 1

Just now, checkered flag said:

Selfish too

Maybe he can open the shop when he move away from Thailand.

shop can Sell Fish.

i am so bored about covid. Thailand control it. If every country do same thailand, simple thing, we can live again. 

1) wear mask

2) wash hand

3) social distance

4) tracing app

5) vaccine 

But I think impossible, because the sell fish people 

1) anti mask

2) soap dogers 

3) covid parties

4) refuse the tracing

5) anti vaxxers

this idiots kill people and business/economic 

Unbelievable. 

Is stupid some countrys close the business, but not do 1-5.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Yinn said:

Maybe he can open the shop when he move away from Thailand.

shop can Sell Fish.

i am so bored about covid. Thailand control it. If every country do same thailand, simple thing, we can live again. 

1) wear mask

2) wash hand

3) social distance

4) tracing app

5) vaccine 

But I think impossible, because the sell fish people 

1) anti mask

2) soap dogers 

3) covid parties

4) refuse the tracing

5) anti vaxxers

this idiots kill people and business/economic 

Unbelievable. 

Is stupid some countrys close the business, but not do 1-5.

That is true...

In my own country (Australia) I had initially observed a quite remarkable compliance with the rules but now people don't even use the hand sanitizers outside every shop anymore.The upshot of this lazy,primitive,selfish and boorish behaviour is a resurgence of the corona virus with one state in lock down and another slowly edging back up to it.

It is as if the Western mind is only capable of concentrating on a "crisis" for about 3 months before the essential "it's all about me" philosophy of the present day West rears it's ugly head again.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/22/2020 at 7:51 AM, Bkk Brian said:

So nearly 80% would take it, thats good news and means the virus would be eradicated completely dependent on the efficiency of the vaccine.

Herd immunity may kick in...but the problem for non-vaxxers will be from international arrivals who may continue to spread the infection. It may take many years for this virus to dissipate, even when a vaccine is found. I don't see it being eradicated completely unless there is compulsory vaccination. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

But, I'll get vaccinated and won't willingly pass it on to others. This thread is about the selfishness of 1 in 6 Brits not willing to help mankind eliminate this disease. In Thailand it wont be an issue because Thais believe in doing the right thing for society. Foreigners who refuse without valid medical reason will be asked /told to leave IMO. So if you don't want a vaccination when available by a ticket home.

elimination of a virus similar in severity as a flue isnt going to happen,

live with it or die with it as per your immunity dictate

Edited by scammed
  • Like 1

The world needs a good cleanup . Many people do have to go away from this planet , idc which one , as long as it isn't here. All anti vaccine people should get bitten by stray dogs , that's my wish for now . Vaccines do not always work and yes in a very minimal amount causes damage , but these cases are extremely rare , otherwise it wouldn't be on the market . For me , give me all vaccines i can come in contact with , some here are obligated , other ones i've took because they were there and i had risks ( Hep A+ B ) . I also had small pox when i was young , and now it isn't given anymore since smallpox now isn't on this world anymore ( except a few labs ) .

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

On 7/22/2020 at 8:00 AM, stouricks said:

And here in Thailand?  I was in a builder's merchants yesterday, and apart from the girls behind the desks and myself NO-ONE was wearing a mask, and shook their heads when I asked them why. And how many Thais would refuse a Covid Vaccine I wonder?

Not wanting to turn this into a Thai-bashing answer, but do 1 in 6 wear helmets when riding motorbikes, have insurance, licences.

No helmets, no license, but they have Hello Kitty stickers, seat covers and a lot more for adult females. 

Hello Kitty! 

Hello Kitty.jpg

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, DavisH said:

Naa...let Darwin go to work on the anti-vaxxer old, diabetic and overweight farangs here. Especially the anti-Thai everything moaners. Then they can choose to go home in a body bag or cremated. I have no time for anti-vaxxers at all. That'll fix their visa problems too 555

Your post is not only Beyond Stupidity but simply repugnant.

Trolls like you have found this thread to release their daily droppings, and any serious dialogue on the subject is now drowned in personal attacks and pettiness.

Need to get out of here now.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

That is true...

In my own country (Australia) I had initially observed a quite remarkable compliance with the rules but now people don't even use the hand sanitizers outside every shop anymore.The upshot of this lazy,primitive,selfish and boorish behaviour is a resurgence of the corona virus with one state in lock down and another slowly edging back up to it.

It is as if the Western mind is only capable of concentrating on a "crisis" for about 3 months before the essential "it's all about me" philosophy of the present day West rears it's ugly head again.

To be honest Thais are also getting less compliant but also because there are almost no new cases. In Belgium they want a new partial lock down and in my country the Netherlands cases are rising again. So Thailand did well. But so many just cannot uphold the rules. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1