Property owners return....

2 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

I wonder - if someone buys a condo in Australia, USA, Europe, New Zealand or any other such country, does he get any special type of visa for long term stay? 

for the US it depends on the condo. A retirement community in AZ vs a Manhattan/5th Ave condo in NYC for example.

OP-NO, they are not even letting mail in from other countries atm. Thailand is currently in the spotlight as the most covid free country in the world (according to the local news) and are not going to jeopardize that for your few thousand baht.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

38 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you mean Thailand you are wrong. They are allowing mail to arrive.

Maybe or maybe not been waiting for a letter says its held us as Thai will not allow mail to arrive. 

Go to a post office with a letter for UK they will say No no mail out of Thailand. 

So yet another some say yes most say no cock up

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, fourpack said:

Maybe or maybe not been waiting for a letter says its held us as Thai will not allow mail to arrive. 

Go to a post office with a letter for UK they will say No no mail out of Thailand. 

I aware of people saying the got mail from the UK. There is a topic about it in the home country forum.

Thai Post will only accept EMS and surface parcels to the UK and other countries. No standard airmail letter is being accepted to many countries.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fourpack said:

All the IOs, Banks, Local Authorities etc, and Post Offices, have their own rules, and interpretation of the rules, and they keep changing as different staff come and go. This is Thailand, and I think we all know how much Thais love their authority.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I aware of people saying the got mail from the UK. There is a topic about it in the home country forum.

Thai Post will only accept EMS and surface parcels to the UK and other countries. No standard airmail letter is being accepted to many countries.

Standard airmail to Europe (I don't know about the UK,though) has been accepted at the Jomtien Post office since early June. I sent a tax declaration by standard airmail June 2. Cost: 24 baht. 

Edited by Max69xl
  • Like 1

On 7/22/2020 at 4:54 PM, les1 said:

Anything going around in relation to foreigners who own condominiums being allowed back into Thailand.

Government never seems to appreciate foreign investors such as property owners who have put their money into the Country but do not have any concessions relating to Visas etc.

Yes to both questions, if you have invested in an Elite Card...????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

for the US it depends on the condo. A retirement community in AZ vs a Manhattan/5th Ave condo in NYC for example.

OP-NO, they are not even letting mail in from other countries atm. Thailand is currently in the spotlight as the most covid free country in the world (according to the local news) and are not going to jeopardize that for your few thousand baht.

There is a issue with sending post but no issue in receiving it

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

There is so much wrong with this post. Firstly, I am receiving mail from the UK regularly - maybe nobody is writing to you? Secondly, Thailand ranks 115th on the list of 238 countries and terrirories infected with the virus - hardly the most covid free. Thirdly, if they are accepting Elite Card visitors now, they are clearly not bothered with jeapordizing their progress based on the grounds of how much money you have. Maybe you could let me know where I can buy a condo for a few thpusand baht and I willbuy a few dozen!

• Like 1

Even if you could get approval to return you would merely join a long line of foreigners waiting to return.

I am married so according to the current regulations I can return once I get a COE and the other tests etc. To get a COE in the UK you need to book flights and ASQ. The embassy controls the repatriation flights and UK Thai Embassy told me that there are too many Thais waiting to return so repatriation flights are full and I should wait for commercial flights to resume. So permission to return granted and no seats on the limited number of planes at the moment.

I think eventually more foreigners (not just the current list of allowable foreigners) will be able to return in October or so, once the stranded Thais have all returned and flights resume and I hope that the country will relax entry by then if countries Covid rates drop, so just be patient, as we don't have another option.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

But they seem to have no problem to let elite visa holders in where a 20 years one is cheaper than the average condo

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kaneko86 said:

But they seem to have no problem to let elite visa holders in where a 20 years one is cheaper than the average condo

I would speculate that TAT lobbied the powers that be to let Elite members in, lest the TE people have to give another free 6 months of membership.

On 7/22/2020 at 10:52 PM, bwpage3 said:

Not sure why you would even think Condo owners would get special preference?

Those away from their wife and kids? Yes. 

Condo owners no such luck.

Your not a foreign investor if you live there.

Why not?... why shouldn’t Thailand allow those who have made a commitment to Thailand in?

If there are available flights and ASQ facilities it costs nothing for Thailand to permit their return.

For some reason some people think it ok to be sanctimonious about these issues.

People have made commitments to Thailand, they have retirement visa’s, long term rental contracts, own Condo’s etc... Why not allow these folk to return to their homes????

It makes no sense whatsoever. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Why not?... why shouldn’t Thailand allow those who have made a commitment to Thailand in?

I think his point was regarding the order of preference due to scarcity of flights and ASQ hotels availability.

Just now, unheard said:
12 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I think his point was regarding the order of preference due to scarcity of flights and ASQ hotels availability.

Understood. I still don’t see why a retiree has any less right to return to Thailand than I do as a married person - they too have made a commitment to Thailand as I have. 

I can see how those holding tourist visa’s may be left behind, however, I find that those with Non-Immigrant Type O and OX visas based on Retirement have been unfairly left out. 

There can’t be that many of them. At least give them the option to apply so that when more flights and ASQ hotels become available they have an option to return. 

--------------

That said: I see that more and more ASQ hotels are being added to the list. 

The returning process at the airport is well organised. I suspect we may start to see an increase in repatriation flights from hight demand countries - thus I expect the restrictions to be relaxed a little. 

I’m a bit surprised that they haven’t been relaxed for retirees already. 

As you mentioned - someone at Thai Elite must have lobbied the government. 

9 hours ago, fourpack said:

rubbish.

I get my UK bank statements.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

The demand for the affordable ASQ rooms is through the roof.

The available inventory is not nearly enough.

If the situation doesn't drastically change in the coming weeks, it will be nearly impossible to obtain a sub-50K ASQ room. And it's without any new groups being added to the approved to enter list.

Edited by unheard

6 minutes ago, unheard said:
1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

The demand for the affordable ASQ rooms is through the roof.

The available inventory is not nearly enough.

If the situation doesn't drastically change in the coming weeks, at will be nearly impossible to obtain a sub-50K ASQ room. And it's without any new groups being added to the approved to enter list.

Someone mentioned earlier that one of the requirements for hotels to be approved ASQ status was no carpets - I think this is preventing a lot of ‘would be’ hotels from receiving approval. 

I didn’t think about this until a read a comment about ‘carpets’ on this forum.

I am currently in ASQ - The Agoda photos of my hotel show a carpet, however its clear that the carpet in this room has been covered with a fitted vinyl covering (secured as a carpet would be).

If this is all thats stopping hotels from securing ASQ status once more get wind of this, they may well follow suit rather than sit empty.

I hope so anyway, for the sake of those queueing up to get in.

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

If this is all thats stopping hotels from securing ASQ status once more get wind of this, they may well follow suit rather than sit empty.

I really hope they do that.

They're adding more and more people allowed to enter but the number of available rooms is not being increased at the same pace.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, fourpack said:
12 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you mean Thailand you are wrong. They are allowing mail to arrive.

USPS are lying to you. I've had a packet from Plano, Texas, two letters from Canada and three packages from China in the past two weeks.  Thailand sure will allow mail in.

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

If there are available flights and ASQ facilities it costs nothing for Thailand to permit their return.

For some reason some people think it ok to be sanctimonious about these issues.

People have made commitments to Thailand, they have retirement visa’s, long term rental contracts, own Condo’s etc... Why not allow these folk to return to their homes????

It makes no sense whatsoever. 

Neither does Covid-19, and that is the only thing that is stopping their return.