Applying for extension in Hua Hin

Can anyone suggest best immigration office to go to apply for 30-day extension then for retirement extension immediately after? Will be moving to Hua Hin on Aug 4th. Will already have my bank account setup with the 800k baht from offshore as required. 

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The Hua HIn office is good one to apply at.

What type of visa entry are you on now?

Before applying for the one year extension based upon retirement you need a non-o visa entry.

I'm bit confused ubonjoe. Even if the op had entered on visa exempt or tourist visa and did not use his extension can't he apply for extension then obtain non o retirement at imm followed by 12 month extension? 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I'm bit confused ubonjoe. Even if the op had entered on visa exempt or tourist visa and did not use his extension can't he apply for extension then obtain non o retirement at imm followed by 12 month extension? 

He could but he did not mention applying for non immigration visa (category O) at immigration.

He only wrote extension.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DBath said:

Can anyone suggest best immigration office to go to apply for 30-day extension then for retirement extension immediately after? Will be moving to Hua Hin on Aug 4th.

If you currently live within the catchment area of a rogue office such as Nonthaburi, it's a no-brainer, I think!

• Haha 1

I would certainly not try to get a non O and then a retirement extension in Korat.  A friend of mine just tried.  He normally works offshore and comes into Thailand to see his partner and child on a tourist visa.  Now unable to work, and has been working from home.  Has money in the bank that has been there for quite some time.  I.O. absolutely refused to even consider his request so he is now going down the agent route. Go figure!

1 hour ago, Kiwidavid said:

I would certainly not try to get a non O and then a retirement extension in Korat.  A friend of mine just tried. 

Did he obtain a 30 extension to his tourist visa prior to applying for non o?

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Myran said:

You can't pick and choose. You have to go to the one serving your registered address.

Actually I can go to the office in Bluport or the main office west of town,depend on NG on what I need to do. 

12 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

Actually I can go to the office in Bluport or the main office west of town,depend on NG on what I need to do. 

The topic is specifically about a retirement extension, which you can't do at Bluport. If you're trying to do a 1 year extension at an office you don't actually belong to, they'll most likely reject the application and send you to the correct one. Of course there are exceptions, but I've seen plenty of people turned away and directed to other offices, both in Bangkok and in Hua Hin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Myran said:

The topic is specifically about a retirement extension, which you can't do at Bluport. If you're trying to do a 1 year extension at an office you don't actually belong to, they'll most likely reject the application and send you to the correct one. Of course there are exceptions, but I've seen plenty of people turned away and directed to other offices, both in Bangkok and in Hua Hin.

Agreed, and point taken. I didn't specifically state it but implied, but that not all things can be done at Bluport, including extensions. 

It was tangential but my point was that Bluport may be more convenient for some things for some folks. I personally never use that office because the main office is closer to me. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Did he obtain a 30 extension to his tourist visa prior to applying for non o?

Was told by IO in Muang Thong Thani I had to get the 30 extension first. Sorry, but I haven’t figured out how to retrieve my responses to any of these posts. So, I am unable to see my response history. 

• Thanks 1