Pattaya: Mayor Sontaya expects tourists to come in droves for long weekend

webfact

23 hours ago, sscc said:

BTW,  they have not shown up yet on Friday morning/afternoon,  so the bumper-to-bumper on highway photo on Thursday is not about coming to Pattaya.   All BS for the fools. 

I swam in Jomtien at noon time on Friday ( just 3 hours ) and there was no crowd at all.    

Anyone who seriously thought that photo was of traffic coming into Pattaya is a fool indeed. 

Pattaya beach is thronged right now with Thai families. Lots of cars and trucks parked up so could well be day trippers. Beach vendors are doing a roaring trade. Even the jetskis and banana boats are getting some business. It is nice to see and it is a shame it is only weekends that are busy.

17 minutes ago, champers said:

Pattaya beach is thronged right now with Thai families. Lots of cars and trucks parked up so could well be day trippers. Beach vendors are doing a roaring trade. Even the jetskis and banana boats are getting some business. It is nice to see and it is a shame it is only weekends that are busy.

Thailand can barely carry it's domestic tourism, traffic is quite bad. Add hordes of Chinese and it becomes unbearable. It's good that the trade is going on, people need to eat, but it shouldn't be these massive long weekend, let's pack half of Isaan in the Vigo type of exoduses. 

I'm not sure how to regulate it, but I do remember the BKK hordes descended at the same time Central opened. Hence, I'd suggest demolishing all the malls to start with. Then get some shirtless barstool stewards there as a repellant. Ah, good old times.

• Haha 2

On 7/23/2020 at 11:48 AM, Oldie said:
On 7/23/2020 at 9:31 AM, keith101 said:

Not Thailand driving on the wrong side of the road nice try though .

Not anymore. 

Traffic.jpg

... but still a faked photoshopped picture.

Not difficult to see that blocks of lines have been duplicated

to make the streets look wider. :thumbsup:

• Sad 1

On 7/25/2020 at 4:55 PM, DrTuner said:

I do remember the BKK hordes descended at the same time Central opened

They really really started descending (good word descending.. from the heavenly Goong-Thep )

during/after the 2011 big floods..now they descend every weekend clogging up the roads , parking spaces and beaches ,with this loooong weekend they are here again.