Leeds sign goalkeeper Meslier on permanent deal

webfact

Leeds sign goalkeeper Meslier on permanent deal

2020-07-23T174451Z_1_LYNXNPEG6M1ML_RTROPTP_4_SOCCER-ENGLAND-HUL-LEE-REPORT.JPG

FILE PHOTO: Soccer Football - Championship - Hull City v Leeds United - KCOM Stadium, Hull, Britain - February 29, 2020 Leeds United's Illan Meslier during the warm up before the match Action Images/Craig Brough

(Reuters) - Leeds United have signed goalkeeper Illan Meslier from French club Lorient on a permanent deal after a loan spell at Elland Road, the second-tier Championship winners said on Thursday.

The 20-year-old has signed a three-year deal with Leeds, having kept seven clean sheets in 10 league games as Marcelo Bielsa's side ended a 16-year wait to secure a return to the Premier League.

"It's unbelievable, we are in the Premier League and today I've signed for Leeds United permanently, so I am very happy," Meslier told the club website https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-news/26839/illan-meslier-i-always-wanted-to-stay.

"My objective when I arrived was to stay here, Leeds is perfect, the supporters, club and stadium, along with the team is unbelievable, so I always wanted to stay."

Frenchman Meslier took over as first-choice goalkeeper at Leeds when Kiko Casilla was banned for eight matches for racist abuse in February.

He is Leeds's second new signing after Portuguese winger Helder Costa's loan move was also made permanent.

(Reporting by Manasi Pathak, editing by Ed Osmond)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-07-24

37 minutes ago, tilaceer said:

What a nonsense post.
Suggest you do some research as to what Radrizzani has already stated in terms of how he will invest in players for the upcoming season.

Stick to the bar.

Welcome to the footy forum. Now your'e in the PL you'll get a few comments like these. Don't let yourself get too wound up as #Haterzgonnahate????

• Like 1