Biden, Obama criticize Trump's coronavirus response in 'socially distanced' chat

webfact

14 hours ago, Tie Dye Samurai said:

Speaking to you too Mr Beach Lover....why dont you take a swing at this one as well without a what about in your answer since you are Mr Indy....why cant Trump show his taxes? As an indy voter I expect you to have SERIOUS interest in why Trump goes to such lengths to hide his finances.

He doesn't have to show his taxes- it's not mandated.

Personally I don't care one way or the other as it's not important- rich people ( all presidential candidates ) hide the goodies by paying clever people to do so, so we'd never know if he had done something really bad anyway. The IRS never prosecuted him so there is nothing illegal on them.

IMO the tax thing is just another nothing burger to attack him over, and the problem the Trump haters have now is that they have come up with so many nothing burgers over the past 3 years that only Trump haters take any of them seriously any more. Boys crying wolves and all that.

I doubt he "goes to such lengths to hide his finances" at all. I think he just can't be bothered acquiescing to his opponents demands, and if it annoys them, so much the better.

7 hours ago, Tug said:

I suggest you check out the Lincoln project it’s lots and lots more than 1 republican many recognized the utter failure of this administration and the damage done to our country by this man 

Had you actually read my post you'd know I didn't say it was only ONE republican.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Had you actually read my post you'd know I didn't say it was only ONE republican.

Lots and lots of republicans to bad he destroyed the party they used to stand for something other than corruption 

14 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

He doesn't have to show his taxes- it's not mandated.

Personally I don't care one way or the other as it's not important- rich people ( all presidential candidates ) hide the goodies by paying clever people to do so, so we'd never know if he had done something really bad anyway. The IRS never prosecuted him so there is nothing illegal on them.

IMO the tax thing is just another nothing burger to attack him over, and the problem the Trump haters have now is that they have come up with so many nothing burgers over the past 3 years that only Trump haters take any of them seriously any more. Boys crying wolves and all that.

I doubt he "goes to such lengths to hide his finances" at all. I think he just can't be bothered acquiescing to his opponents demands, and if it annoys them, so much the better.

Yes, he doesn't have to. It is no mandated, true. And yet, almost all of his predecessors (since the late 60's) did. What, exactly, is the winning argument making his conduct righteous, desirable or reasonable?

What you don't care about is immaterial. As for it being "not important" - not so. It is rather important to know whether the President is a crook, or if there are indications relating to conflicts of interests, just to give two obvious examples. The everyone-is-doing-it nonsense bit is incorrect (see above).

Apparently Trump takes it very seriously, or else he wouldn't invest that much legal efforts in keeping his financial matters obscure. You can doubt all you like, but the issue making it to SCOTUS is a giveaway.

For the second time this week, I find myself reminding posters using the Cry Wolf bit, that in that story there was a wolf. Guess some of you missed that part.

• Like 1