Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Eastern Star. 500 Baht extra for Farang

candoman89

Went and played Eastern Star today (26 July) with three Thai friends.  After 9 holes some dragon lady came  out and said I had to pay an extra 500 Baht because I was farang.

I told her to go do something physically impossible to herself.

The  manager later apologized and said he should have informed us before we started  the round.

No I did not pay the 500 Baht

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

is this because you took a non playing friend with you? often there is a rip off 500 baht charge for that

No, it was  three Thai men and myself all playing golf.  

She  specifically said  it  was because I was a  farang (I understand  a lot of Thai language but never speak it so I listened to her tell my playing partners)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, candoman89 said:

Went and played Eastern Star today (26 July) with three Thai friends.  After 9 holes some dragon lady came  out and said I had to pay an extra 500 Baht because I was farang.

What did you pay as a gf - or was it an all in deal price with cf and cart?

Our group were told that tomorrow on top of the discounted gf vouchers (550 baht from PSC/Birdie)) there would be an extra 200 baht charge as it is a holiday.

2 hours ago, topt said:

What did you pay as a gf - or was it an all in deal price with cf and cart?

Our group were told that tomorrow on top of the discounted gf vouchers (550 baht from PSC/Birdie)) there would be an extra 200 baht charge as it is a holiday.

total was 1,400 each all in.  The dragon lady didn't know what PSC was when  I showed her my member card.

charging 200 Baht extra because its a holiday is crazy.  The parking lot was less  than half full today.

5 hours ago, candoman89 said:

total was 1,400 each all in.  The dragon lady didn't know what PSC was when  I showed her my member card.

charging 200 Baht extra because its a holiday is crazy.  The parking lot was less  than half full today.

All courses charge extra for bank holidays, i just avoid playing those days. I don't like Eastern Star anyway, just boycott it, will make you feel better

7 hours ago, candoman89 said:

Good price for the weekend as psc price all in at weekend is quoted at 1,650 and during the week 1,350 so probably just as well she was unaware 555.

As @scubascuba3 said normally always pay more on a holiday - even when they have no customers. 

Was the extra 500 baht because it was a weekend ?

Or are they randomly trying their luck ?

We played there last month on a weekday, it was 1350 all-in or 900 walking using a PSC green fee voucher.

Or is some new initiative to get 500 baht from the few farang who still play ?

35 minutes ago, fulhamster said:

Was the extra 500 baht because it was a weekend ?

Or are they randomly trying their luck ?

We played there last month on a weekday, it was 1350 all-in or 900 walking using a PSC green fee voucher.

Or is some new initiative to get 500 baht from the few farang who still play ?

It was a farang surcharge as none of  the  3 Thai's playing were  asked to pay 500 Baht.

My friends said  we  could split the 500 Baht between  the 4 of us and  i said no way, the  golf course  gets nothing extra...... and the golf course got nothing extra except 4 people  who will never play there again

• Like 1