Toilet Sprayers..

markiv

This recent BBC article made me laugh..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6583067.stm

I love Thailand for it's toilet sprayers or whatever you call them, but today I got caught short and had to use the loo in Central ( Kad Suan Kaow ), great clean toilets but alas no toilet sprayer, I can tell you I used well more than 1 sheet of loo paper..!

So my answer to Sheryl Crow is, forget the toilet paper, toilet sprayers everywhere!

When I was in the Marine Corps we used to try to get down to one square of toilet paper in boot camp, but I never came close.

If only we had Bunghole Squirters, life would have been so much easier (until they started rationing water)! :o

Bunghole squirters - sheer luxury (said with best Monty Python impersonation)

You and I have both been here long enough to have only had the small cube of soap, and an enamel water basin - always remember to use the left hand, because in those days sticky rice was the staple diet and eaten with the RIGHT hand.

Never knew you were in the Marines.

CB

This recent BBC article made me laugh..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6583067.stm

I love Thailand for it's toilet sprayers or whatever you call them, but today I got caught short and had to use the loo in Central ( Kad Suan Kaow ), great clean toilets but alas no toilet sprayer, I can tell you I used well more than 1 sheet of loo paper..!

So my answer to Sheryl Crow is, forget the toilet paper, toilet sprayers everywhere!

LOL..... wonder if a new song from Ms Crow on the subject is forthcoming?

1 sheet of toilet paper? Too bad if youre in a public toilet with no sprayer and only that cheap thin stuff.

I love my sprayer, the water gets into places where songkran doesnt :o

And if you have a strong one it can give you a complementary enema as well . . . .

Whoa, Nellie! Careful, you might be overexciting some people on this forum....... :o

Just what I needed. The heat had me feeling a tad enemic.

Hasn't woken me up enough, though, to imagine what, exactly, an enema might complement.

Edited by Rasseru

My thai wife and I are headed to the US next week and she is trying to figure out what she is going to do without a handy-dandy sprayer or a bowl scoop ! I told her to just use the TP and flush it down the toilet. She having a difficult time getting her head around that idea !

Those sprayers are great. The scoop buckets in the smaller towns still scare the crap outta me though :D

ever tried a squat toilet while drunk and the side walls of the bathroom too far away/soiled to lean on, now that scene would make me "sh*t retentive" :o

Those sprayers are great. The scoop buckets in the smaller towns still scare the crap outta me though :D

ever tried a squat toilet while drunk and the side walls of the bathroom too far away/soiled to lean on, now that scene would make me "sh*t retentive" :o

Just like Buddhism it's all about balance

Using a squat pot without completely removing your britches? That’s a mystery of physics right their. Lets see, knees less than 90 degrees = shitty pants. Ankles more than 90 degrees = on you keester. I think only a person with the magic ability to squat in a rice patty and pick rice with out getting a wet butt could answer us that one. “ Semper Fidelis Ulysses !”

The proper nomenclature, coined by the departed Gentleman Scamp over 2 years ago, is "Bum Gun".... :o

The post below is nearly 2 years old and was made well after Gentleman Scamp first introduced it to Thaivisa:

Faecal coliforms were also found everywhere _ on the floors, toilet seats, water cisterns, taps and door knobs.

Installing one of Gentleman Scamp's "Bum Guns" in all public toilets would go a long into reducing the problem by putting all the nasties down into the commode itself, instead of on your own hands where it then goes onto everything.

i will never forget the scream father let out the first time he used the bum gun in my house in Thailand.The jet is rather high powered and it appeared he was suffering from a bout of the " Farmer Giles " at the time.

I pointed out he was getting a real Thailand experience yet he seemed strangely unimpresed and not at all

gratefull of the free enema! some people!

~

Oh goodie, we're have a poo-poo party! :D

In spite of many decades of grass roots level travel all around the world, I have never gotten the squirter or ladle thing down. For one, I have a knee that locks any time I do a deep squat which makes it almost impossible for me to get back up - this has me envisioning some poor Thai crapper-cleaner finding my bones in there. The other is there is something disturbing about watching the locals wiping that wet and something less than sanitary left hand on their shirt/dress, not t mention the door handle.

I resolve some of this by always having either the afore-mentioned babywipes or toilet paper with me and, most importantly, expanding my 'holding tank' thru years and years of practice until I can find a sit-down toilet or a downed tree trunk.

BTW, the American Consulate has what seems to be American toilet paper!

Woo-woo! :o

Using a squat pot without completely removing your britches? That’s a mystery of physics right their. Lets see, knees less than 90 degrees = shitty pants. Ankles more than 90 degrees = on you keester. I think only a person with the magic ability to squat in a rice patty and pick rice with out getting a wet butt could answer us that one. “ Semper Fidelis Ulysses !”

It is 30 years since I was the most highly decorated Shitbird in the Corps and I take my pants off completely when I use a Thai toilet to take a dump. I've never figured a way around that one. :D

In spite of many decades of grass roots level travel all around the world, I have never gotten the squirter or ladle thing down. For one, I have a knee that locks any time I do a deep squat which makes it almost impossible for me to get back up - this has me envisioning some poor Thai crapper-cleaner finding my bones in there. The other is there is something disturbing about watching the locals wiping that wet and something less than sanitary left hand on their shirt/dress, not t mention the door handle.

Why the wet hands? Once I figured out the mechanics behind how to use one of those things I have never gotten my hands wet.

Edited by Wizzard of Oz

You guys are wussy boys...in Afghanistan we used river rocks, the nice smooth 2-3" ones, (held in left hand only, of course) to do the business. Water.....Whahahahaha (as Ta22 so eloquently puts it) Do not Have In That Special Place....Whahahahah!!!!!!!!!

Wow, two clear things in one paragraph where Thailand is so much more advanced than the USA.

Butt guns, and biodiesel.

Have been using biodiesel for almost a year now.

I am really intrigued!!! :o

How do you clean your bum with bio diesel??? :D

In the gun or after??? :D

Do you ignite to sanitise :D:bah:

Regards

:D

Wow, two clear things in one paragraph where Thailand is so much more advanced than the USA.

Butt guns, and biodiesel.

Have been using biodiesel for almost a year now.

I am really intrigued!!! :o

How do you clean your bum with bio diesel??? :D

In the gun or after??? :D

Do you ignite to sanitise :D:bah:

Regards

:D

?