Re-Entry extension due to Travel Restrictions

Khun Rob

I am trying to get definitive advice on the extension of Re Entry visas for a Permanent Resident, due to my home countries travel ban.

I have looked all over the web and found one brochure saying there in an amnesty on late returns, but when I questioned the immigration officials at the Airport on departure they were not aware of any amnesty.

I have written to the local Consulate in Sydney Australia for advice, as I am now in Australia caring for my ailing Mum.

Can anyone on Thai Visa direct me to some sound printed advice on this problem?

It would seem ludicrous that my PR should be lost for something out of my control. 

I have had it for over 15 years and its not cheap to maintain, to lose it like this would be devastating for my wife, daughter and granddaughter who reside in Thailand.

Thanks in advance to any replies.

From the English translation of the announcement of the first "automatic extension" announced on 7 April 2020:

1. For an alien who has been permitted to take up residency in the Kingdom in accordance with Section 48 of the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979) and has made evidence of notification for leaving the Kingdom in order to re-enter within one year in accordance with Section 50 of the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979), the period for re-entry shall be extended beyond one year. Once the situation is resolved, such alien shall promptly re-enter the Kingdom within the period of time specified by the Immigration Bureau.

Source: http://www.mfa.go.th/main/contents/files/news3-20200410-172909-334229.pdf

I have no English translation of the announcements of the two subsequent automatic extensions but I understand that the above clause regarding Permanent Residents has not changed and that so far the Immigration Bureau has specified no period within which the holders of an expired immigrant visa for re-entry into Thailand must return. At any rate, the situation referred to in the above clause has not yet been resolved as the emergency decree is still in effect and as you would anyway not be able to travel to Thailand because of Australia's current travel ban.