How to sell a commercial building lease? Please help.

Hello all,

In the pandemic, my question comes at a time that is truly challenging. But I need some advise.

I have a 8 years lease on commercial shophouses (3 of them), half renovated. Investors decided to pull out so I am now burden with debts as the lease is in my name. 

It is not operational and we do not have a company registration as we are still in the process of applying for BOI but I suspect that our lawyer never really applied for it as we paid her 50% in Oct 2019.I have asked repeatedly for evidence of the BOI application but she cited covid 19 as the reason for the delay.

Are there some companies that I can reach out to? to sell the lease? I don't have the funds to continue the renovation and I still have rental and land taxes to pay so that faster I can sub lease the building out, the better it is.

I would appreciate any help and advise that I can get as right now. Thank you.

In the pandemic, my question comes at a time that is truly challenging. But I need some advise.

I have a 8 years lease on commercial shophouses (3 of them), half renovated. Investors decided to pull out so I am now burden with debts as the lease is in my name. 

The 3 shophouses are located in Bangkok city. about 6-8 mins walk from Sutthisan MRT station,  in the old RCA 2 area. 

It is not operational and we do not have a company registration as we are still in the process of applying for BOI but I suspect that our lawyer never really applied for it as we paid her 50% in Oct 2019.I have asked repeatedly for evidence of the BOI application but she cited covid 19 as the reason for the delay.

Are there some companies that I can reach out to? to sell the lease? I don't have the funds to continue the renovation and I still have rental and land taxes to pay so that faster I can sub lease the building out, the better it is.

Edited by SasaBKK
Just to add in more info.

23 hours ago, SasaBKK said:

A real estate agent would be an obvious possibility, most of them only charge their percentage after success.

2 hours ago, SasaBKK said:

Yes of course. I have tried but to no real successes. Maybe I am not reaching out to the right agent? Hence I am here asking for more advise.

A big sign with "For Rent" or "Lease for Sale" in both English and Thai might also work, many just look around for potential empty shops/buildings, and you save an agent's commission.

Thaivisa also have a property section, have you checked your possibilities in that?

Invest 40 million is something that pleases the government (for the time being) and lose the land when you die unless you have a Thai relative. 

Are you telling us anything useful for the other 99 pct or just being a pedant? 

• Confused 1