Thaksin gets 5 years for illegal shareholding and excise cut for mobile operators

webfact

11 hours ago, steven100 said:

Thaksin is wanted by the authorities .... possibly ASIO, FBI, IPOL, Army, Khun Prayut Chan O Cha and others ... and the Police and maybe CIA, AFP.

image.png.2ef5f9eb553509257ac0e020835c48ce.png

Well he appears to be quite content in his homes in UK and Dubai ..

That said , his sister is a regular shopper in Harrods ,  of London..

Honestly I think this government and regime needs to be thrown out and then either all of them go to prison or all of them get amnesty and blacklisted from being anywhere near the government or in the public speaking for life. Seems fair to me. They all a bunch of crooked BS liars. 

Edited by holy cow cm
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sydebolle said:

So get this right; some stuff has statutory limitations and then expire, others can be pulled out from the lowest drawer 10+ years later and brought to court? 

Potential investors; please note the legal flexibility of DabaDabaDo Land, just in case you might have something going tits up with a local joint-venture partner. Rumors could have it, that a joint-venture could end in "join an adventure" - just thinking out loud ......... 

They passed a law, or put in the current Constitution (can't recall which), giving them the ability to prosecute older criminal cases against (ex) politicians who have absconded. When they made that change, they didn't extend those provisions to non-politician/regular criminals, AFAIK.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Justgrazing said:

Jesus they can't let it go can they .. he's gorn , ain't coming back , had it away on his toes .. it's like a 21st century political version of exhuming a corpse once in a while to give it a good defiling this is .. Get over it you plonkers he's on a permanent vacation .. 

That corpse that's been hanging around in a Bangkok hospital (?) for decades will probably be next - loitering with intent.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, seajae said:

nothing new, everyone knew he was in it for the money and stole as much as he could from Thailand to benefit himself , his family and his friends

Like anyone else in any government in Thailand is different.

Edited by Redline

7 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Honestly I think this government and regime needs to be thrown out and then either all of them go to prison or all of them get amnesty and blacklisted from being anywhere near the government or in the public speaking for life. Seems fair to me. They all a bunch of crooked BS liars. 

I'd personally be up for them being sent directly to the Marianas Trench without passing go. How to sterilise a good country 101? Have army don a suit and pretend. :sick:

18 hours ago, seajae said:

at the time yes as it stopped all the redshirts killing innocents that thaksins party refused to stop because the redshirts are their attack dogs, I do not support the current govt at and never have. Thaksin has been shown time and time again as having ripped off Thailand with his deals, only a blind person or a thaksin sychophant cannot see the truth of it, this has nothing to do with politics it has all to do with enriching ones self through their govt position same as several are currently doing

You supported the junta but now don't support them after the election they rigged and called themselves the democratically elected government? But do if they are after Thaksin?

I don't blame you at all for not liking Thaksin, but don't you see how your position really makes no sense?

22 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

These organic laws can grow into mushrooms that are fed on BS issue the red notice he is a convicted criminal and very easy to find ????

How many times! Even a sky blue pink with purple spots notice would not work! Interpol will simply not act against an elected politician, deposed by a military coup, and prosecuted and convicted by courts controlled by that junta! It really is as simple as that - in their eyes and in those of just about every other international agency or government, the prosecution was entirely political, a pathetically transparent and inept attempt to justify the military coup. Subsequent action s by the military against both subsequent democratically elected governments has reinforced that conclusion.