Where to get habanero chilis?

Syntext

That's interesting. I'm in Bangkok myself, but is there any way of contacting them to find out when they are growing/harvesting and possibility to order with them? I don't need them in a rush but would be nice to be able to purchase a few kilo's and make hot sauce with them.

19 minutes ago, Syntext said:

That's interesting. I'm in Bangkok myself, but is there any way of contacting them to find out when they are growing/harvesting and possibility to order with them? I don't need them in a rush but would be nice to be able to purchase a few kilo's and make hot sauce with them.

Chiang Mai.

Royal Project Shop, phone

...Chiang Mai, the Royal Projects

Chiang Mai, The Royal Projects

bahtbybaht | Voralak S. | 2 min read | Mar 22, 2019

"The royal projects aid over 38 sites across Thailand, and are a really fun and exciting way to help children reconnect with nature.

"Chiang Mai alone is home to many projects, many of which were meant to phase out the production of opium in the north of Thailand by creating better and more sustainable livelihoods for many hilltribe people

The Royal Agricultural Station Angkhang

The Royal Agricultural Station Inthanon

The Khun Wang Royal Project

Mae Sapok Royal Project

Huai Siew Royal Project

Mon Ngo Royal Project

Nong Hoi Royal Project

Linked article includes websites, facebook groups, phone numbers

And as Ratcatcher posted above

Royal Project Foundation website

Products grown, Store locations (links)

Richcor, thanks a lot for this. My language skills, Thaiwise, are terrible. I’d like to know where the stores are located. I really miss the now closed outlet at Central Pattaya. Their Fennel was great, and when they closed, Tops stopped selling it too.

2 minutes ago, NewGuy said:

My language skills, Thaiwise, are terrible. I’d like to know where the stores are located.

Here's a quick page translate trick (that ThaiVisa doesn't want you to know!! ...sorry, it just slipped out )

Using chrome browser: hover over an area of the webpage that doesn't contain anything, right-click then select "Translate to English"

7 minutes ago, NewGuy said:

I’m out of luck on any nearby stores, oh well.

If you're in Pattaya, with 10 or more Mexican restaurants ordering produce from somewhere (locally?), you should be able to find product there.

Villa Market

TKM Food Solutions (pre-packaged intl goods)

Also, see thaivisa post

Mexican peppers in Thailand
By Ex Pool Doctor, July 4 in Farming in Thailand Forum

...blast from the past:

Poll: Favorite Pattaya Area Place For Mexican Food
By Jingthing, February 23, 2012 in Pattaya Forum

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Has anyone found fresh habanero peppers in or around Bangkok?

I’m in desperate need of them. I checked many grocers, including Villa, Gourmet, Food Halls, etc. and none of them had any. When I ask around, most Thais don’t even know what a habanero is. That or they refer me to Jalapeño, which sounds similar to them. 

I also called several Mexican restaurants and was told they only use Jalapeños. 

Long story short, I make my own Kimchi with habaneros. I’ve been doing it this way for years back in the US. Believe it or not, it’s the only spicy pepper in the world that agrees with my stomach. That and I love the taste. 

Thanks I’m advance.