Are the deckchairs at Jomtien beach set up?

mixed

I was thinking to visit Jomtien and sit by the water. Does anybody know if they are setting up deckchairs and sellingw food at Jomtien beach on weekends? If not what about Pattaya? Thanks in advance for any replies.

As i saw the other day in jomtien some are set up but not nearly as many as they used to be, not sure about food vendors but restaurant opposite the beach are all open, not sure about Pattaya main beaches though...

Yes they dont like you parking on the road by their plot without renting a chair from them...on Tuesday there was an older Thai man offering mats for rent near to a deck chair operator...she went and gave him an earfull...he didnt say anything just moved a few more meters away and carried on.

On 8/2/2020 at 5:43 PM, Puchaiyank said:

It may be different now...lived in Jomtien...seldom used the deck chairs...rude and pushy operators...

What do you mean by deck chairs? If you mean the white plastic beds, you can't find them everywhere. Closest to Jomtien Beach is Dong Tan Beach, they have those beds. On Jomtien Beach you have to go way south to find them. I have never experienced any pushy and rude operators on Dong Tan Beach or elsewhere. 

On 8/2/2020 at 6:22 PM, johng said:

Yes they dont like you parking on the road by their plot without renting a chair from them...on Tuesday there was an older Thai man offering mats for rent near to a deck chair operator...she went and gave him an earfull...he didnt say anything just moved a few more meters away and carried on.

There are not many parking spaces on Jomtien Beach, and not one belongs to any operator on the beach. There's a walk separating the road from the beach operators, and I promise you, no operators are checking out owners of parked cars. That's imo nonsense. I live here and have done so for years and very often walk along the beach. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Max69xl said:

What do you mean by deck chairs? If you mean the white plastic beds, you can't find them everywhere. Closest to Jomtien Beach is Dong Tan Beach, they have those beds. On Jomtien Beach you have to go way south to find them. I have never experienced any pushy and rude operators on Dong Tan Beach or elsewhere. 

Note to Max: "It may be different now!"

10 hours ago, Max69xl said:

I promise you, no operators are checking out owners of parked cars. That's imo nonsense. I live here and have done so for years and very often walk along the beach. 

And I promise you that if you park  a car in front of their "concession"  they or their "minions" will more often than not rush up and ask how many chairs you want  a few times they have "shooed" me away saying  the space is for their customers only...I don't argue as I don't want to come back to flat tyres etc.

I live here and have done so for years and very often try to park along the beach.  ( Jomtien beach  not Pattaya beach )

"Regulation" mostly  all ignored   except for the closing days  yesterday (Monday)  there where only a few deckchairs set out  I imagine they just don't have the customers to even bother setting up during the week now.

zoom_P_20200715_115628.thumb.jpg.7615b3d1c765752d59a7338a31056703.jpg