Firefox problems

Susco

Anyone else having lots of page crashes with Firefox today>

Facebook loads partially crashes after few seconds. Reddit same.

Actually most pages crash, but they load fine in Chrome.

Have disabled every extension in firefox, still the same. Think this is the final straw to the camels back for make me remove that <deleted> browser from my PC

TVF and Gmail are just 2 of the very few that don't crash

TVF and Gmail are just 2 of the very few that don't crash

Strange that TVF doesn't crash.

Try to update, if that doesn't work uninstall and reinstall (backup profile first). Easy and doesn't take long.

9 minutes ago, petermik said:

Been using FF on both my pc,s for many years..hardly any problems and certainly not today (or yesterday) :thumbsup:

I also have used firefox forever, and had always increasing problems.

Today it is unusable.

Using Google it crashes from the moment you scroll, same with most other pages.

Started in safe mode, same same.

Firefox is now history for me, as I have removed it already, and am using Chrome now

So far it seems this is a problem that affects only your device. Let's wait to see if others are experiencing the same...

I have been using Firefox as my only browser for many years and love it. Never had problems that you are describing.

If this is confirmed by other users you'll need to freshly download Firefox and if that doesn't fix it, investigate what other system or apps on your device may be causing some conflict with Firefox.

16 minutes ago, Antonymous said:

If this is confirmed by other users you'll need to freshly download Firefox and if that doesn't fix it,

Uninstall and reinstall seem to have fixed it, but I like Chrome already, so firefox will now be a backup

I've used FF for ages.  One thing about it is stuff in the profiles goes sideways after a while and needs a housecleaning ever so often, especially if updating/deleting add-ons over time.

I went over to Waterfox for the sake of keeping my add-ons back when they redid FF a few years ago.  I still use it, but certain sites are clumsy and take a while to load (like tvf).  I recently put in the latest FF and use that when logging in here, but when I want to bookmark something I have to bring it up in Waterfox.

You may want to try the portableapps version of FF, the settings etc will be kept in the folder you install it in, and not use the AppData dir.

Also certain sites I use are not FF friendly and I have to go over to Chrome browser to access them.